ADVERTISEMENT

I thought the repubs were against cancel culture

If you are a Democrat, why do you care?

(Answer...because MSNBC, CNN, and mass media told me to.)

and a follow up question. What is Liz Cheney’s claim to fame and/or what has she accomplished? (Besides being Dick Cheney’s daughter)?
Because one of the two major parties is rejecting democracy. Acknowledging the reality of who won the election in 2020 is enough to be thrown out of leadership of the republican party.

Reactions: charlespig
If you are a Republican, why do you care what Democrats do? You make the dumbest arguments.
I wouldn’t care if someone from the Democrats party eliminated or reduced the voice of someone from the Democrat party, I would be jumping for joy. Anytime someone does this to Nancy or Chuck or anyone else, please let me know and I’ll donate to the democrat party

I wouldn’t care if someone from the Democrats party eliminated or reduced the voice of someone from the Democrat party, I would be jumping for joy. Anytime someone does this to Nancy or Chuck or anyone else, please let me know and I’ll donate to the democrat party
So your gotcha really wasn’t. Thanks for clarifying.

Because one of the two major parties is rejecting democracy. Acknowledging the reality of who won the election in 2020 is enough to be thrown out of leadership of the republican party.
How is it rejecting democracy. It’s a Democratic process (aka voting with the Republican Party) that led to Liz Cheney being ousted.

How is it rejecting democracy. It’s a Democratic process (aka voting with the Republican Party) that led to Liz Cheney being ousted.
Her crime is acknowledging the results of the democratic process. That doesn't fly in the republican party right now.

Yeah you might want to rethink this one.
What’s there to rethink. A poll of Wyoming voters said 65% were against impeaching Trump. Cheney’s constituents are the Wyoming voters, not American voters.

So, I’m not sure what you mean by “rethink”

it’s a fact, not something I “thought up”.

Believe it or not, Senators and Congresspeople are there to represent their constituents, not all American voters.

What’s there to rethink. A poll of Wyoming voters said 65% were against impeaching Trump. Cheney’s constituents are the Wyoming voters, not American voters.

So, I’m not sure what you mean by “rethink”

it’s a fact, not something I “thought up”.

Believe it or not, Senators and Congresspeople are there to represent their constituents, not all American voters.
I know you struggle with basic government here, so I’ll cut you some slack.

There’s a difference between representing your constituents and representing the truth. It sounds like Wyoming is 65% idiot, which isn’t my problem. Your problem, though, is thinking that she got the boot because some folks didn’t like that she voted for impeachment (and, ya know, there was already a vote once on her AFTER the impeachment and she sailed through it. That alone essentially makes your argument moot).

BDea.gif

Reactions: Crayfish57

There’s a difference between representing your constituents and representing the truth. It sounds like Wyoming is 65% idiot, which isn’t my problem. Your problem, though, is thinking that she got the boot because some folks didn’t like that she voted for impeachment (and, ya know, there was already a vote once on her AFTER the impeachment and she sailed through it. That alone essentially makes your argument moot).
So apparently you struggle with basically everything? This isnt a conversation about anything except representing those who voted for you to represent them or do you not get that concept?

So apparently you struggle with basically everything? This isnt a conversation about anything except representing those who voted for you to represent them or do you not get that concept?
Wow, you took a minute away from stalking Bob to spread more of your idiocy. Glad to see you branching out.

Whatever. You might want to read what Wyoming has to say. Although I recognize reading and understanding someone else’s perspective may be difficult for you.

Yep, Wyoming censured Cheney after impeachment vote. HMMM, now why did Wyoming do that PurdueFan1?

Your party is stupid, what can I say? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ok, the Republican Party is stupid, but Democracy is why Cheney is in the position she is in. Voters vote. Maybe Cheney should move to Colorado or Arizona.

Ok, the Republican Party is stupid, but Democracy is why Cheney is in the position she is in. Voters vote. Maybe Cheney should move to Colorado or Arizona.
The voters didn’t vote to boot her, so I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here. She’s still in office.

So again, if the Wyoming GOP voters censured Cheney...seems like everyone is following through with the Wyoming voters wishes. Wanna change Wyoming...then you should move there.

Last edited:
The voters didn’t vote to boot her, so I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here. She’s still in office.
No, the Wyoming voters voted to censure her...that doesn’t mean she was removed from office, but the Wyoming voters wanted her voice to be heard less, at least within the GOP party because it wasn’t reflecting the Wyoming constituents voices.

Reactions: jrcrist
No, the Wyoming voters voted to censure her...that doesn’t mean she was removed from office, but the Wyoming voters wanted her voice to be heard less, at least within the GOP party because it wasn’t reflecting the Wyoming constituents voices.
No they didnt ... the Wyoming GOP leadership (~70 people) voted to censure her. I’m sure you will dig up a poll saying they favored it, but it was not something voted on by Wyoming voters.

I have no idea how anybody who was a Republican prior to 2016 can think the recent events are good for the party. They are literally handing the future to Dems.

No. They didn’t.

No they didnt ... the Wyoming GOP leadership (~70 people) voted to censure her. I’m sure you will dig up a poll saying they favored it, but it was not something voted on by Wyoming voters.

I have no idea how anybody who was a Republican prior to 2016 can think the recent events are good for the party. They are literally handing the future to Dems.
OK, I left out “Republican” from my note above...but seeing that 70% of Wyoming voters voted for Trump...they are pretty much one in the same.

The article says 8 out 74 opposed the censure vote. So that’s roughly 90% favored censure and if 70% voted for Trump (assuming that number Is the Republican base in Wyoming) that would mean roughly 63% opposed Cheney.

The Republicans may be setting up the 2022 election for the Democrats, but Joe is doing his best job setting up 2022 for the Republicans.

Reactions: Crayfish57
OK, I left out “Republican” from my note above...but seeing that 70% of Wyoming voters voted for Trump...they are pretty much one in the same. The article says 8 out 74 opposed the censure vote. So that’s roughly 90% and if 70% voted for Trump (assuming that number
Is the Republican base in Wyoming) that would mean roughly 63% opposed Cheney.
Man, I sure hope you can untwist yourself with your constant pretzel-logic deflecting.

Also, cheney voted WITH trump over 90% of the time. So please reconcile that for me. They don’t like her because she dared to speak out against the lies about the election and the resulting attack on the Capitol. That’s it.

Reactions: indy35
OK, I left out “Republican” from my note above...but seeing that 70% of Wyoming voters voted for Trump...they are pretty much one in the same. The article says 8 out 74 opposed the censure vote. So that’s roughly 90% favored censure and if 70% voted for Trump (assuming that number Is the Republican base in Wyoming) that would mean roughly 63% opposed Cheney.
You can't assume everyone who voted for Trump in early November still support him after everything that happened between the election and now. It's a lot closer to 50/50 for voters.

Again, keep supporting Trump and split the party ... it's not going to end well for anybody but Dems.

• Haha
Reactions: Riveting
If this is true, why are Republicans in Congress not going after California Republican representatives who voted not to impeach? Like, say Kevin McCarthy? They also didn’t represent their constituents‘ wishes.

Man, I sure hope you can untwist yourself with your constant pretzel-logic deflecting.

Also, cheney voted WITH trump over 90% of the time. So please reconcile that for me. They don’t like her because she dare speak out against the lies about the election and the resulting attack on the Capitol. That’s it.
OK Batman...why did Wyoming censure Cheney? She voted with Trump 90% of the time?

Why did Wyoming censure Cheney? HMMMM?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT