ADVERTISEMENT

I remember a running play on defense yesterday

pboiler18

All-American
May 13, 2014
Where all 4 of our “starters” (Sullivan, Dean, Johnson and Jenkins) each individually whipped their guys on a run play and the Minny RB had to pick which guy of 4 he was going to try and run through. I thought the pass rush was pretty bad overall but yesterday we showed that teams with traditional run games aren’t going to be able to push us around.

Where all 4 of our “starters” (Sullivan, Dean, Johnson and Jenkins) each individually whipped their guys on a run play and the Minny RB had to pick which guy of 4 he was going to try and run through. I thought the pass rush was pretty bad overall but yesterday we showed that teams with traditional run games aren’t going to be able to push us around.
I didn't hear Scotty's named called. Did he make some plays?

The defense against the run was amazing. I haven’t seen Purdue this stout it seems like decades. These guys really brought their lunch pails yesterday. It was truly great to see.

Wahlberg made a huge difference yesterday as well. I think he's helping to better solidify the LBer's. I'm hoping we get Graham back soon...

I thought the DL got stronger as the game wore on. Maybe that's due to the depth that we've been finally getting. The last couple of drives we got pressure on Morgan with just the front 4.
#90, #96, and the addition of #91 had good games

I said it after the Penn St. game...I was pleasantly surprised with how Purdue held up against the run, and, aside of a mobile QB that is a running threat, they have been pretty good...have to think it is even better if/when they get Graham back, and, still just wish that they had a couple of even just average to good LBs...also said it previously...imagine if Alexander had made a better decision and returned.

I said it after the Penn St. game...I was pleasantly surprised with how Purdue held up against the run, and, aside of a mobile QB that is a running threat, they have been pretty good...have to think it is even better if/when they get Graham back, and, still just wish that they had a couple of even just average to good LBs...also said it previously...imagine if Alexander had made a better decision and returned.
would have been nice to get Alexander back, always thought he was a good LB not Pro level. Took some bad advice.

Reactions: DAG10 and pboiler18
Tend to agree. Those snaps should go more to Sydnor and Caraway
Caraway seems to be backing Sullivan up now, which is where I think he belongs. He can play both but I think strong side is where he ends up. Humpich is probably ok at leo until someone else emerges.

Reactions: pboiler18
He was getting a little love from the announcers in the FAU game, called out for making a couple of plays. Thought he might be an emerging talent.
That was fau. He might make a play here or there, Jenkins is better.

That was fau. He might make a play here or there, Jenkins is better.
I'll take your word for it, I don't follow the D side of the ball nearly as much as the O side (and I'm no expert there, either). Interesting to note, a buddy was watching the game from home and he was amazed at the size of the FAU O-line; he said they looked like an NFL line with their size. Not talent, but size. FAU looks to be the next Florida school that will benefit by the depth of talent in the state that doesn't (can't) find a home in a P5 school.

Reactions: pboiler18
I'll take your word for it, I don't follow the D side of the ball nearly as much as the O side (and I'm no expert there, either). Interesting to note, a buddy was watching the game from home and he was amazed at the size of the FAU O-line; he said they looked like an NFL line with their size. Not talent, but size. FAU looks to be the next Florida school that will benefit by the depth of talent in the state that doesn't (can't) find a home in a P5 school.
FAU was good when Lane was there. Not really now.

Reactions: purduepat1969
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT