ADVERTISEMENT

I know its early , but nba watching MC very close at 70%

The thing is with Colvin is that I think that he has a lot more quickness than he has shown. It seems like he is still adjusting to the speed of the college game, as we would expect at his age.
of course he does. A lot more shot creating too. But that takes good ball handling skills. Right now as a spot up shooter and occasionaly thunder dunker his length (and hops) is nice to have. He's got a ways to go to be a force, but he sure might be a force.

I suspect the NBA scouts were there largely due to location and less about any player. The ability to see a number of quality players at the same location also contributed to the draw but I would bet pennies to peanuts that the location had more influence than anything or anyone.
Yep. And there are multiple top-ranked teams in Maui. These teams are top-ranked because they have really good players. Several players in this tournament will end up being drafted.

Hey people, this thread was started during one of our home games last week. It was not about Maui. Of course there are tons of scouts in Maui for 7 teams. Helps that the Arena is bigger than the normal one too.

Bingo. On all counts.
lol I mean I think it’s a combo of the league making it difficult to defend and players getting called for more fouls (as stated above), guys trying not to foul, the league wanting more points and the skill level is really good (as we all agree upon).

Interesting article that talks about how defense has changed:

Yep. And there are multiple top-ranked teams in Maui. These teams are top-ranked because they have really good players. Several players in this tournament will end up being drafted.

Eventually a dozen or so will get drafted from this tourney, but also many scouts will volunteer for the Hawaii assignment i am sure, lol

If they didn’t, then any decent college player could get shots off. Most of them can’t.

The high scoring is because the NBA doesn’t allow the grabbing that they used to.

How many NBA games have you been to in the last decade?
lol I mean I think it’s a combo of the league making it difficult to defend and players getting called for more fouls (as stated above), guys trying not to foul, the league wanting more points and the skill level is really good (as we all agree upon).

Interesting article that talks about how defense has changed:

They are calling the game by the rule book in the NBA.

What they allow in the B1G is not “defense”.

Reactions: MetMyWifeAtHarrys
I'm a huge fan of Colvin, but for whatever the reason he hasn't shown any inclination to put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop. Last night he made a nice pump fake and took a couple dribbles for a pull up jumper at the free throw line but that's the only time I've seen him do anything on offense other than take a three pointer.

He has better hops but right now his game reminds me more of Jarran Cornell's than of Ivey's.
let's hope no high ankle injury like Jarran's...EVER!

If they were watching Myles tonite, they won't come back to look at him for a year or so.
I’m not sure scouts can get anything out of this game from any player. It was a horrendous game by the refs…but to your comment, They better not come back and watch Knecht either….he disappeared in the second half and was weak dribbling through the lane. Got stripped by Braden and Loyer and didn’t do anything until the desperation 3 at the end. Hes not a great defender either.

Colvin and Heide were not for this type of style (not her at least) and no one shined except Loyer and he shot 33% overall.

I’m not sure scouts can get anything out of this game from any player. It was a horrendous game by the refs…but to your comment, They better not come back and watch Knecht either….he disappeared in the second half and was weak dribbling through the lane. Got stripped by Braden and Loyer and didn’t do anything until the desperation 3 at the end. Hes not a great defender either.

Colvin and Heide were not for this type of style (not her at least) and no one shined except Loyer and he shot 33% overall.
yeah but.... Colvin played like a freshman. Missed defensive assignments, not aggressive enough on the glass and did not maximize the minutes he was given. And he would have gotten more minutes if he played decent! He was by far the weakest link on defense all night when he was in the game.

With that being said, he Morton and Heide all need to show up and play well tomorrow in the time they are given.

yeah but.... Colvin played like a freshman. Missed defensive assignments, not aggressive enough on the glass and did not maximize the minutes he was given. And he would have gotten more minutes if he played decent! He was by far the weakest link on defense all night when he was in the game.

With that being said, he Morton and Heide all need to show up and play well tomorrow in the time they are given.
Yes, and he will have his ups and downs just like any other freshman. Jaden did too. Jaden still made dumb mistakes his sophomore year. Still stand by that he has great potential. We may not see it consistently this year, we will see glimpses. Expecting to see more consistency of being really good next year.

This was definitely trial by fire for Myles. Give Tennessee credit for the intensity they played with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT