ADVERTISEMENT

I know its early , but nba watching MC very close at 70%

I know it's way early , but NBA scouts left last night with a note: Pay attention to MC.. will be lucky if he is here for two years...

Likely true. He is someone to watch.
BUT re NBA scouts, you know this how? Interested in reading their Xs is why I ask.....

They are definitely keeping an eye on Colvin. Wondering if Heide has a chance as a 3 and D wing as well.

I know it's way early , but NBA scouts left last night with a note: Pay attention to MC.. will be lucky if he is here for two years...
They were also there for all the other players on different teams…Ainge was there watching Syracuse and Tennessee. Whole lotta talent in this mini tourney so it makes sense scouts would go and be there for all the games.

Reactions: MetMyWifeAtHarrys
I really don't think many of you have watched the NBA since the 90s.
Have you? It’s a garbage product these days. I am going to sound like a “get off my lawn guy” but there is absolutely no defense and scores are constantly in the 130-140s. Anyone can put up 50 since players don’t really compete 100% of the time. The don’t try much until playoffs and even then those take 2.5 months to finish!!!! So boring…to watch man.

Also, Teams shoot the 3 like no other and Dudes sit out for “load management”. I guess i would too if I got paid that much money.

I doubt they are really there for MC. He has to prove he can be a consistent starter and defend at his position. Running out there for a few mins and making a couple 3s isn't really anything NBA worth or revolutionary at this point.
they are there for all the talent playing on all teams. It’s all based on potential and they have also seen him practice, play aau, play high school ball, compete for USA u19 and watched his dunk competition. Hes athletic AF and has a realllly nice looking J. He has shown early on that the stage isn’t too big for him and isn’t afraid to shoot in a big moment. You’re right that he needs to prove he can do it consistently and he isn’t ready for any type of draft look this year, but if he makes the jump like a lot of kids do from Frosh to sophomore year, that’s when they’ll be really watching.

He is also a very young 18 and if he shows he can compete with older players at his young age, the potential is there for when he gets older, bigger and stronger to be pretty damn good. Hope he pans out and that he is able to help us out in March and onward.

Have you? It’s a garbage product these days. I am going to sound like a “get off my lawn guy” but there is absolutely no defense and scores are constantly in the 130-140s. Anyone can put up 50 since players don’t really compete 100% of the time. The don’t try much until playoffs and even then those take 2.5 months to finish!!!! So boring…to watch man.

Also, Teams shoot the 3 like no other and Dudes sit out for “load management”. I guess i would too if I got paid that much money.
You forgot the part where the athletic ability is so beyond general NCAA level, that our recent Boiler studs leave to go to the Association and either don't get drafted, go to Europe, get drafted and fall to the D-League, sit the bench, or just become another vanilla player.

Load management was mostly with K. Leonard and I think he and the Clips didn't disclose his real level of injury. Anti-NBA folk hear that term used over and over again and put it next to 'but they don't defend' when listing off their reasons to downplay the league like you did.

Reactions: Mobes and SCBoiler1
they are there for all the talent playing on all teams. It’s all based on potential and they have also seen him practice, play aau, play high school ball, compete for USA u19 and watched his dunk competition. Hes athletic AF and has a realllly nice looking J. He has shown early on that the stage isn’t too big for him and isn’t afraid to shoot in a big moment. You’re right that he needs to prove he can do it consistently and he isn’t ready for any type of draft look this year, but if he makes the jump like a lot of kids do from Frosh to sophomore year, that’s when they’ll be really watching.

He is also a very young 18 and if he shows he can compete with older players at his young age, the potential is there for when he gets older, bigger and stronger to be pretty damn good. Hope he pans out and that he is able to help us out in March and onward.
MC isn't even remotely close to an NBA player at this point.

I haven't watch since MJ was allowed to do whatever, including blatantly push a guy off to make room so he could hit a winning jump shot. He wasn't the only one, but that was ruined the product for me.

Refs in NCAA awful for sure, but at least they aren't catering to the stars, as we see with Edey. Equally awful for all. Lol.

Have you ever sat in the first 5-10 rows for a game? 99% of humans would never even get a shot off in an NBA regular season game. The length and athleticism are unreal, even when they are playing at 90%.

I am sure there are a bunch of scouts there watching a bunch of players. I know the NBA is always looking for potential, but Miles has not shown enough to this point. I would say if he breaks the starting line up and performs, the NBA would start taking notice.

You forgot the part where the athletic ability is so beyond general NCAA level, that our recent Boiler studs leave to go to the Association and either don't get drafted, go to Europe, get drafted and fall to the D-League, sit the bench, or just become another vanilla player.

Load management was mostly with K. Leonard and I think he and the Clips didn't disclose his real level of injury. Anti-NBA folk hear that term used over and over again and put it next to 'but they don't defend' when listing off their reasons to downplay the league like you did.
I didn’t forget, I was stating that Myles could be someone who follows in Iveys footsteps. Myles has a better shot than Jaden did at this point in their careers and has similar athleticism at this point too. If he makes that jump that Jaden did from Frosh to soph he will be looked at as a potential lotto. Maybe he will have to stay a 3rd year (selfishly I hope he does but understand if he leaves). Purdue doesn’t get very man athletic types like Ivey and Colvin…I’d say they’re really the only ones painter has had. Etwaun was fundamentally sound all around with a good shot and quick. He wasn’t Myles or Jaden explosive though.

Load management was used by all teams, Lakers, Warriors, Sixers, Celtics…but at least they made it so they can’t do that if the guys want to get paid and be eligible for all nba. And I stand by there is no defense in the league, not what it was in the 90s. People like points, so the game has adjusted to that. Harden single-handedly ruined that when he drew so many fouls on stupid foul calls…thankfully they fixed that as well and he isn’t what he used to be —well he’s still interested in making it rain at strip clubs 😂 .

Look, I know I’m not going to convince you the NBA isn’t great to watch, just like you won’t convince me. But I still do follow it, just not as close as I used to.

Have you ever sat in the first 5-10 rows for a game? 99% of humans would never even get a shot off in an NBA regular season game. The length and athleticism are unreal, even when they are playing at 90%.
I’m not saying I could do it. I’m saying Myles has a trajectory that could get him there and be a potential lotto pick. And totally agree that those 300 players in the NBA are amazing and freak athletes. Just saying IMO, the product sucks to watch.

The thing is with Colvin is that I think that he has a lot more quickness than he has shown. It seems like he is still adjusting to the speed of the college game, as we would expect at his age.

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
I’m not saying I could do it. I’m saying Myles has a trajectory that could get him there and be a potential lotto pick. And totally agree that those 300 players in the NBA are amazing and freak athletes. Just saying IMO, the product sucks to watch.
That wasn’t my point. My point is that they most definitely do play defense. The shotmaking is just that good.

People who say there is no defense in the NBA don't watch the NBA.

People who think Colvin is athletic for an NBA wing don't watch the NBA.

Right now Colvin isn't nearly physical enough to get drafted. All he has shown so far is that he's a good catch and shoot shot maker. Could he at some point become an NBA player? Maybe, but getting drafted in the NBA is a long way from being the 8th, 9th, or 10th man on your college team.

Last year there were 3 sophomores and 3 juniors drafted in the first round of the NBA draft. It would be quite the accomplishment for the 63rd ranked college recruit to get drafted after his sophomore or junior year.

If they didn’t, then any decent college player could get shots off. Most of them can’t.

The high scoring is because the NBA doesn’t allow the grabbing that they used to.

How many NBA games have you been to in the last decade?
I’ve watched a good amount of games over the last decade. They are very very talented and at times, fun to watch.

You’re not going to change my mind haha.

Right now Colvin isn't nearly physical enough to get drafted. All he has shown so far is that he's a good catch and shoot shot maker. Could he at some point become an NBA player? Maybe, but getting drafted in the NBA is a long way from being the 8th, 9th, or 10th man on your college team.

Last year there were 3 sophomores and 3 juniors drafted in the first round of the NBA draft. It would be quite the accomplishment for the 63rd ranked college recruit to get drafted after his sophomore or junior year.
Exactly he’s not ready now. Could be after his soph year. Was quite an accomplishment for Jaden as the 99th ranked recruit to get drafted in the top 5 as well. I’m not saying it’s a done deal, but the potential is there.

I suspect the NBA scouts were there largely due to location and less about any player. The ability to see a number of quality players at the same location also contributed to the draw but I would bet pennies to peanuts that the location had more influence than anything or anyone.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
I don’t like the Ivey comparisons. Ivey was a top 5 pick and that is a lot to put on Colvin. Ivey also has a burst of speed that very few players anywhere can match. Colvin has not shown that.

Colvin is his own player. He’s an explosive leader with pretty good length and a beautiful jump shot, but he needs to demonstrate a more well rounded game to get serious NBA consideration. I think he has a chance to get drafted, maybe even in the first round, but I think he has a lot to prove before we can even begin to compare him to Ivey as an NBA prospect.

I don’t like the Ivey comparisons. Ivey was a top 5 pick and that is a lot to put on Colvin. Ivey also has a burst of speed that very few players anywhere can match. Colvin has not shown that.

Colvin is his own player. He’s an explosive leader with pretty good length and a beautiful jump shot, but he needs to demonstrate a more well rounded game to get serious NBA consideration. I think he has a chance to get drafted, maybe even in the first round, but I think he has a lot to prove before we can even begin to compare him to Ivey as an NBA prospect.
Exactly. Lots to prove still. However, If any current player on the roster could follow in Jaden’s trajectory, it’d be Myles. Not saying he will, just saying he has a chance to do it. Of course he is not ready at this point, but he may be by the end of next year.

He has some bounce that Jaden didn’t have and also a shot Jaden didn’t have at this point in their careers. No one here could have said Ivey was a top 5 pick 4 games into his Frosh year or even that he would go first round. But he ended up doing just that. Jaden was asked to do more right away, as that team wasn’t near as good as this one. So, Myles has not had the minutes Jaden did.

Myles is an athlete who has elite hops and can shoot the ball well with a nice lookin shot, has athletic genes and his body is still maturing. He has things lined up that gives him a chance to play at the next level that most Purdue players haven’t/dont have (Jaden being the exception). I hope he stays through his junior year to help win a lot of games and trophies for Purdue, but wouldn’t be surprised if he is gone after year 2.

Exactly. Lots to prove still. However, If any current player on the roster could follow in Jaden’s trajectory, it’d be Myles. Not saying he will, just saying he has a chance to do it. Of course he is not ready at this point, but he may be by the end of next year.

He has some bounce that Jaden didn’t have and also a shot Jaden didn’t have at this point in their careers. No one here could have said Ivey was a top 5 pick 4 games into his Frosh year or even that he would go first round. But he ended up doing just that. Jaden was asked to do more right away, as that team wasn’t near as good as this one. So, Myles has not had the minutes Jaden did.

Myles is an athlete who has elite hops and can shoot the ball well with a nice lookin shot, has athletic genes and his body is still maturing. He has things lined up that gives him a chance to play at the next level that most Purdue players haven’t/dont have (Jaden being the exception). I hope he stays through his junior year to help win a lot of games and trophies for Purdue, but wouldn’t be surprised if he is gone after year 2.
I'm a huge fan of Colvin, but for whatever the reason he hasn't shown any inclination to put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop. Last night he made a nice pump fake and took a couple dribbles for a pull up jumper at the free throw line but that's the only time I've seen him do anything on offense other than take a three pointer.

He has better hops but right now his game reminds me more of Jarran Cornell's than of Ivey's.

it does suck, another element is the atmosphere at a pro game vs a college game, the college game the fans are really into it vs the pro's where it's a more laid back

Bingo. On all counts.

• Haha
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT