ADVERTISEMENT

I hate iu.

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
Even though I have a lot of family and friends who graduated from iu, I absolutely hate that school, their teams, campus, fans, striped pants, bird-shit ridden stadium, soccer, bike race, Dunn meadow, stupid mascot and did I mention, their teams?
POTFH, all day, every day.

That's a lot of hate. But, don't forget "banners" - you must really hate them.
The ancient banners from back in the last century? Why would anyone hate them since they are long forgotten outside of clownpantsnation.

The last one was hung 13 years before IU's most prominent alum, Jared Fogle, even graduated - although I understand he was quite a clownpants fan.

Does IU have an Archaeology department to determine the age of these banners you speak of ?
Does Purdue have a Fortune Telling department to determine the age of theirs?

If it’s better to have loved and lost than to have never have loved at all then it’s certainly better to have won 5 nattys over the last 82 years than to have one zero.

If it’s better to have loved and lost than to have never have loved at all then it’s certainly better to have won 5 nattys over the last 82 years than to have one zero.
What is better about it? Did you have anything to do with any of them? Were you even alive for any of them?

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
What is better about it? Did you have anything to do with any of them? Were you even alive for any of them?
I’d imagine there aren’t many posters who played for the Boilers or the Hoosiers so none of us have had anything to do with any of our teams’ success.

I was alive for the last one.

I was also alive for the last couple IU Final Fours. Anyone born since 1990 has been. Which also outnumbers Purdue’s program total.

You sound like a Nebraska football fan.
Im just trying to figure out what the statute of limitations is on remembering historical success. Because clearly Purdue is able to commemorate a final 4 from 40 years ago, but IU is lame for commemorating national titles from 35 years ago.

Makes total sense.

Im just trying to figure out what the statute of limitations is on remembering historical success. Because clearly Purdue is able to commemorate a final 4 from 40 years ago, but IU is lame for commemorating national titles from 35 years ago.

Makes total sense.
They’re all worthless. Unless you’re really old.

I’d imagine there aren’t many posters who played for the Boilers or the Hoosiers so none of us have had anything to do with any of our teams’ success.

I was alive for the last one.

I was also alive for the last couple IU Final Fours. Anyone born since 1990 has been. Which also outnumbers Purdue’s program total.
Gee, congrats on such a successful life as a spectator! Just think of the stories you can tell your grandkids.

Reactions: boilermaker75
My neighbor played on the ladys team a few years back and I went to see her play. They’re hardly legible anymore. 😮

I want to congratulate IU for being the champions of most Division 1 (and now FBS) losses in college football history, and they keeping extending that lead every season.
That certainly deserves a banner, but better make it plastic to easily clean off the geese droppings.

The ancient banners from back in the last century? Why would anyone hate them since they are long forgotten outside of clownpantsnation.

The last one was hung 13 years before IU's most prominent alum, Jared Fogle, even graduated - although I understand he was quite a clownpants fan.
Congrats, it seems obvious that you prefer Purdue’s place in men’s college basketball history with 0 NCAA National Championships. Those “forgotten” banners will surely show up on a graphic during ESPN’s broadcast on Wednesday night when IU hosts UNC. Congrats on that Goose Egg, the goose poop is just a convenient and friendly reminder to your fan base and your place in history.

Congrats, it seems obvious that you prefer Purdue’s place in men’s college basketball history with 0 NCAA National Championships. Those “forgotten” banners will surely show up on a graphic during ESPN’s broadcast on Wednesday night when IU hosts UNC. Congrats on that Goose Egg, the goose poop is just a convenient and friendly reminder to your fan base and your place in history.
Again, you insist on confusing NCAA Championships with National Championships. Prior to the mid-1960s, the NCAA Championships were not considered National Championships de facto. The NIT was at least as prestigious if not more so prior to then. Purdue was voted National Champion when Wooden played. Of course, Kansas and North Carolina were also voted during that era. They hang banners today commemorating those teams and legitimately so.

You may not like the way things were done then, but that was how it was done AT THAT TIME. Likewise, in football prior to the playoffs, National Championships were voted. Are you also arguing that Penn State, Minnesota, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Army and Notre Dame should not recognize their National Championships because they were voted? That was how it was done then. So be consistent and not a jerk.

Again, you insist on confusing NCAA Championships with National Championships. Prior to the mid-1960s, the NCAA Championships were not considered National Championships de facto. The NIT was at least as prestigious if not more so prior to then. Purdue was voted National Champion when Wooden played. Of course, Kansas and North Carolina were also voted during that era. They hang banners today commemorating those teams and legitimately so.

You may not like the way things were done then, but that was how it was done AT THAT TIME. Likewise, in football prior to the playoffs, National Championships were voted. Are you also arguing that Penn State, Minnesota, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Army and Notre Dame should not recognize their National Championships because they were voted? That was how it was done then. So be consistent and not a jerk.
I was just stating facts and not being inconsistent. If you state that Purdue has one Helm’s title in 1932 and IU does not have a Helm’s title, I would agree with you and not state that you are being inconsistent by stating that fact.

I was just stating facts and not being inconsistent. If you state that Purdue has one Helm’s title in 1932 and IU does not have a Helm’s title, I would agree with you and not state that you are being inconsistent by stating that fact
Actually, you perhaps misstated in your post; it seems now that your implied position is unclear. You posted that Purdue had 0 NCAA National Championships, but your handle is 5-0. That strongly suggests that you consider the pre-1960s NCAA titles as National Championships. Let's be clear: is it your position that the pre-1960s were not National Championships or is it that they were?

I would have thought the prison authorities would not let you access a computer for obvious reasons, Jared, but here you are desperately defending your beloved alma mater.

Past sports seasons are as interesting to me as last week's weather. I can't remember who won the last three super bowls because once they are over, they are dead to me. I watch them and forget them. Sports has no lasting significance in my view other than those in which you actually participate, not just spectate.

If your life is empty enough that you care about past sports trivia, which is all it is, then good for you. But if I were going to care about sports trivia like you, I would consider face-face competition between two rivals to be the true measure.

I would have thought the prison authorities would not let you access a computer for obvious reasons, Jared, but here you are desperately defending your beloved alma mater.

Past sports seasons are as interesting to me as last week's weather. I can't remember who won the last three super bowls because once they are over, they are dead to me. I watch them and forget them. Sports has no lasting significance in my view other than those in which you actually participate, not just spectate.

If your life is empty enough that you care about past sports trivia, which is all it is, then good for you. But if I were going to care about sports trivia like you, I would consider face-face competition between two rivals to be the true measure.
Riveting stuff here, enjoy your non-interesting goose egg, past seasons and last week’s weather.

That's a lot of hate. But, don't forget "banners" - you must really hate them.
Times have changed for IU. You can answer the following, because you were actually alive when these happened. When was the last time IU cut down the nets? And what was the occasion? And when was the last time they gave out rings? For what championship?

Indinia, the home of mythological hero, Atch-ill-eez.

Times have changed for IU. You can answer the following, because you were actually alive when these happened. When was the last time IU cut down the nets? And what was the occasion? And when was the last time they gave out rings? For what championship?

Indinia, the home of mythological hero, Atch-ill-eez.
These changed times are really rough right now for IU. What was Brian Butch thinking today when mentioning IU as the favorite to win the BigTen and a Final Four team??? Clearly, Butch doesn’t understand how times have changed for IU.

Things may have changed for IU, but at least they were at a point where change was noticed. Purdue, on the other hand, has been totally irrelevant on the national stage for almost its entire existence (sans 1980).

Even though I have a lot of family and friends who graduated from iu, I absolutely hate that school, their teams, campus, fans, striped pants, bird-shit ridden stadium, soccer, bike race, Dunn meadow, stupid mascot and did I mention, their teams?
POTFH, all day, every day.
Great.

Do the entire world a favor and stay out of Bloomington...

Riveting stuff here, enjoy your non-interesting goose egg, past seasons and last week’s weather.
And you enjoy trying to explain why you believe your idiot statement that Biden 'believes in the rule of law,' Sheriff.

Great.

A lot of times when I’m on your shitty campus, I can’t tell if I’m on Long Island or rural Indiana with all your east coast accents there. Is that why only 10,000 people show up for games?

Great.

A lot of times when I’m on your shitty campus, I can’t tell if I’m on Long Island or rural Indiana with all your east coast accents there. Is that why only 10,000 people show up for games in

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT