ADVERTISEMENT

I find the vitriol on Walters a little odd

Akers and Coletto were before my time too, but I think there was less anger in those days because we hadn't really had that taste of success that we had with Tiller and with Brohm.
Ironically, Akers was ahead of his time with a run&shoot spread offense while Colletto’s run-first offense would probably do very well today behind those big lines of his…

Reactions: pboiler18
Do I need to remind anyone of the Maryland drubbing that we took when Haze was coach....
I personally attended that $hit-show in College Park.

I never thought I'd ever be embarrassed to be a Purdue fan until that day.... zero pride, zero emotion from Haze and the entire team.

Reactions: pboiler18
I personally attended that $hit-show in College Park.

I never thought I'd ever be embarrassed to be a Purdue fan until that day.... zero pride, zero emotion from Haze and the entire team.
Is there any argument that Walters isn’t pretty much Jim Coletto part 2? Not hazell but not good either

Ironically, Akers was ahead of his time with a run&shoot spread offense while Colletto’s run-first offense would probably do very well today behind those big lines of his…
Colletto was a pile of meh as a coach, but the singular brilliance of Mike Alstott ( btw the only REAL "A-Train" ) made those teams so fun to watch.

I saw the A-Train single-handedly beat the crap out of the entire state of West Virginia in Morgantown. What an absolute blast of a road trip!

Is there any argument that Walters isn’t pretty much Jim Coletto part 2? Not hazell but not good either
The difference is Colletto was an established coach and Walters is just starting. There's quite a difference between having bad seasons in your first job and after a long time of doing it.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
Colletto was a pile of meh as a coach, but the singular brilliance of Mike Alstott ( btw the only REAL "A-Train" ) made those teams so fun to watch.

I saw the A-Train single-handedly beat the crap out of the entire state of West Virginia in Morgantown. What an absolute blast of a road trip!
Man that must have been a different road game

The difference is Colletto was an established coach and Walters is just starting. There's quite a difference between having bad seasons in your first job and after a long time of doing it.
Where did Coletto become most known as a coach before here? What was his claim to fame

It’s not his first season as a coach.

It’s always been his responsibility to get his unit schemed, fundamentally sound and lined up properly. Pretty alarming that he can’t handle those basics here.

Reactions: RossMackey
It’s not his first season as a coach.

It’s always been his responsibility to get his unit schemed, fundamentally sound and lined up properly. Pretty alarming that he can’t handle those basics here.
I agree with cover 3. He’s trying to run a defense you run when you have athletes. We haven’t had those kinda athletes here up and down the defense since the days of Schweigert, Phillips, koutivides etc.

He should have figured out a way to start in a four man front and then work his defense in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT