ADVERTISEMENT

I don't care the amount of the buyout, Brohm needs to go.

I'm serious ! Other people here have posted about my personal life for the past 5 years and that included posting personal pictures of me that they have found to use against me. and what happened to them other than receiving a pat on the back from other posters? They even had personal attacks against my son because he was a track athlete and not a football player. I'e received a lot of personal attacks.

and then they get upset when i decide to fight back.
You also do a lot of trolling. How do you expect people to react to your long winded posts that go nowhere?Get thicker skin or avoid the internet.

Reactions: purduepat1969
I'm serious ! Other people here have posted about my personal life for the past 5 years and that included posting personal pictures of me that they have found to use against me. and what happened to them other than receiving a pat on the back from other posters? They even had personal attacks against my son because he was a track athlete and not a football player. I'e received a lot of personal attacks.

See to me there’s no reason for that... it’s Purdue football wtf dude

I believe he’s going to get at least 1 more year. Not saying he deserves it with the results of the last 2 seasons... but whether he deserves it or not I think we will see him get the chance to use one of the 4* QB’s that we have committed.
Can't imagine that he will succeed with him/them given the lack of success with the truly most talented WR core in the history of the program.

The OL remains poor...the play calling is as well...and, their best RB is a guy that simply gets by on sheer effort and will...I am convinced at this point that it would not matter if Mahomes, Marino or Montana lined up behind center.

It’s not because your son was is track. It’s because every post you make you bring it up.

You aren’t the only one with a D1 athlete child on here.

Reactions: DAG10 and BBG
I would love nothing more than to be wrong about Brohm, I think we all would welcome that. If that 4* isn't starting from day one next season, then that should seal Brohm's fate.
The fact that there are questions every year about who the QB should be, and, then even more about whether it really should be that individual is what should have sealed his fate...no way does the 4* start just because it is too obvious...even if he did, with a bad OL and lousy play calling, it is a moot point.

Reactions: Boiler8285
The most pathetic half of football in my memory.
I can't believe that I even considered it, much less am saying it, but, there were better prepared Hazell teams...which is nearly impossible.

To be THAT bad on the heels of being SO bad a week ago is simply inexcusable...to the point had Brohm been fired at halftime, I would not have been bothered by it at all.

I see similarities. There is something in the locker room that Jeff needs to fix.

I honestly think he should find somebody to recruit and work with QB’s. We have not been good at the position since Hazels QB’s left.
It starts with looking in the mirror, as, that needs to get fixed before anything else...then, it should move on to the "coaching" room (and coaching is used VERY loosely right now) before it even gets to the locker room.

I’m real sorry to hear that ... to me that’s not cool and just wow

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
my main objection is when the BIG 10 Network was first created, it was supposed to be used for and generate revenue for all aspects of each university rather than just the athletic departments. there was supposed to be more things programmed onto the network than just athletics. it appears the original proposal and reality are two separate things. I kind of liked that previous President, because she syphoned off money from athletics to fund academic programs.

You cannot have it both ways. According to Purdue, money should never flow from the University General Fund to the Athletic Dept. If so, then it is only reasonable that funds generated by the AD remain within the AD. The Big Ten Network revenues are generated by the AD.

It is also fair to say that revenue sports success is very highly correlated with donations to the University as a whole. The General Fund is the beneficiary of that success.

You cannot have it both ways. According to Purdue, money should never flow from the University General Fund to the Athletic Dept. If so, then it is only reasonable that funds generated by the AD remain within the AD. The Big Ten Network revenues are generated by the AD.

It is also fair to say that revenue sports success is very highly correlated with donations to the University as a whole. The General Fund is the beneficiary of that success.

No, Alabama has had record enrollment because their show choir is so good, not because they have won like 5 NCs in the last 12 years

Alabama has record enrollment because their academics are so easy and their entrance requirements are so low! Anybody can get admitted. They are almost as bad as Kansas is.

And don’t worry about my skin. I heard it all before when I was a student!

You haven’t changed much either! Your personal attacks are non stop.
And your woeful ignorance is like a raging case of the crabs. You bring all these personal attacks on yourself. Did you really think your trying to tie getting thicker skin on an internet forum to racism would go unchallenged? You're either drunker than I am or just flat out mental.

I am going to something I should of done a long time ago, slap you on my ignore list with the rest of the trolls. And be better off for it. See ya.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Sure you did. Now you're just being an pathetic trolliong asshat.
You haven’t changed much either! I haven’t personally attacked anybody! And look at all the personal attacks! I thought you and your intelligent buddies all placed me on ignore 3 years ago!
And your woeful ignorance is like a raging case of the crabs. You bring all these personal attacks on yourself. Did you really think your trying to tie getting thicker skin on an internet forum to racism would go unchallenged? You're either drunker than I am or just flat out mental.

I am going to something I should of done a long time ago, slap you on my ignore list with the rest of the trolls. And be better off for it. See ya.
Go ahead! You’re the one wanting to fire everybody and insulting anybody near you or disagrees with you! Even in agreeing with you , you still want to call me and others names! Sorry your beloved team lost! Go drink some more of your first love! Nobody asks or brings it on them selves to be personally insulted or called names! But you don’t care. You just want to reach out and belittle others! So why should after this loss be any different for you than any of the others? It’s not me you hate. I’m just the nearest person for you to yell at because nobody else will listen or respond! As for racism? Where did that come from? You really must be drunk! I feel sorry for you!

It’s not because your son was is track. It’s because every post you make you bring it up.

You aren’t the only one with a D1 athlete child on here.
I believe you are guilty of over exaggerating the facts! I made over over 20 posts today and referred to my son twice. You just have selective reading. He’s no longer a d1 athlete. He’s a d1 coach! Maybe Brohm should hire him.

Sure you did. Now you're just being an pathetic trolliong asshat.
I was a member of the Purdue Glee Club. I almost pledged Delta Upsalon. Trust me, I’ve heard a lot of worse insults than the ones thrown at me by you on this board!

Hiring of coaches with these huge buyouts is ridiculous. I read that Michigan would have to pay Harbaugh $10 million to get rid of him before 2021 season.

Hiring of coaches with these huge buyouts is ridiculous. I read that Michigan would have to pay Harbaugh $10 million to get rid of him before 2021 season.
That $10m would be the best $10m spent on him by Michigan.

I tried to be civil and stay on topic! But you are the ones who made this thread about me! I’m just pointing out this has not been the first time! Andy it’s always the same 5 posters! After every loss. And you all refer to previous topics and subjects that don’t relate to the game! I didn’t bring them up. I just responded to your insults!

all I did was point out the facts that no matter what you want, Purdue is not in a financial position to buy out Brohm. It was very hard for them to buy out Hazell. I guess people here forgot that process !! And Brohm is being paid twice as much and has several years left on his contract! And looking at the lost revenue because of COVID, there is no way Purdue would even entertain the thoughts of a potential buyout! We are not OSU or Michigan or Alabama or the RNC with a lot of Donors willing to chip in millions of dollars!

I’m sorry to be the sense of reason, but your cries of firing the coach are rather laughable! It also reflects your ignorance of Purdue’s financial status! They can’t and don’t just fire people because fans get drunk and upset after a loss!

rather than firing any coaches, you will have to lower your future expectations! We bought the farm. Now we have to either find a naive buyer or learn how to live with it.

I tried to be civil and stay on topic! But you are the ones who made this thread about me! I’m just pointing out this has not been the first time! Andy it’s always the same 5 posters! After every loss. And you all refer to previous topics and subjects that don’t relate to the game! I didn’t bring them up. I just responded to your insults!

all I did was point out the facts that no matter what you want, Purdue is not in a financial position to buy out Brohm. It was very hard for them to buy out Hazell. I guess people here forgot that process !! And Brohm is being paid twice as much and has several years left on his contract! And looking at the lost revenue because of COVID, there is no way Purdue would even entertain the thoughts of a potential buyout! We are not OSU or Michigan or Alabama or the RNC with a lot of Donors willing to chip in millions of dollars!

I’m sorry to be the sense of reason, but your cries of firing the coach are rather laughable! It also reflects your ignorance of Purdue’s financial status! They can’t and don’t just fire people because fans get drunk and upset after a loss!

rather than firing any coaches, you will have to lower your future expectations! We bought the farm. Now we have to either find a naive buyer or learn how to live with it.
Nope, you made it about you. Own up to it and learn.

I believe you are guilty of over exaggerating the facts! I made over over 20 posts today and referred to my son twice. You just have selective reading. He’s no longer a d1 athlete. He’s a d1 coach! Maybe Brohm should hire him.
Dude, you've mentioned your son in soooo many posts, I can't even count. We get it. He ran D1 track. That's great. Now can we move on??

Reactions: Level 42

Gotta agree with Wole on this one...up to a point. WE were the ones buying into Brohm and his high-flying offense: Grab all the 4* receivers at the expense of the O-Line and D! And not having O-Linemen ready to compete on Day 1 has been a losing strategy. Hopefully, Hartwig changes that trend. I also agree with Wole about our unreasonable expectations (I had them too!). We placed so much on getting to 2 minor bowls, while IU is going to actually heard-of bowl game 2 years running. What did Wole say about that that was so wrong?

Talking about one's child to me is understandable...most of us are clueless about what goes in to being a D-1 athlete. I appreciate the insights. Where Wole and I disagree are his digs on the politics that (methinks) 75% of us follow and in which we participate.

What did Wole say about that that was so wrong?
He went wrong because as usual he made it about him as he constantly does. And then complains about it when he is called on it.

And an internet forum is the last place you should be bringing up your kids. For one, no one cares and second it opens the door for more personal attacks. Him doing it as frequently as he does is only adding fuel to the fire.

i prefer they use the money and give it to the library, band and arts programs. That awesome weight training facility sure has worked wonders for our athletes.
Just curious why should athletic money or BIG network money go to academics? Also how long has the Molenkopf Center been around? Didn’t you guys just get a new strength staff also? Off season conditioning has been spotty at best unless you are Alabama or OSU and you do your own thing.

Just curious why should athletic money or BIG network money go to academics? Also how long has the Molenkopf Center been around? Didn’t you guys just get a new strength staff also? Off season conditioning has been spotty at best unless you are Alabama or OSU and you do your own thing.
Hey if you want to ask question of Wole take him to your board to do it.

Reactions: Level 42
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT