ADVERTISEMENT

I do not understand why Brohm is unable to get his teams to win big games early in the season

You mean like games vs Top 5 OSU in 2018, #2 Iowa at Iowa and #3 MSU last year? Yes, Purdue always finds ways to lose……🙄😵‍💫
I was referring to opening and early season games as was the person who started this thread !!! But hey, don't read the thread , just go off subject like you always do in your efforts to prove me wrong. This thread was supposed to be about how purdue always seems to be slow getting out of the gate. But you saw a wolegib post and had to put in your 2 cents even though you had no idea what the subject was.

LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THE THREAD BEFORE REPLYING AGAIN !

it's not hard .

If you want to just bash me, just start your own bash wolegib thread and post 100 times ! I'm sure others will join you.

It would be nice if you stuck to the topic, rather than post outliers.

The OHio St game was the 7th game of that season.
the Iowa game was the 6th game of the season last year.
MSU was the 9th game of the season last yar.

BUT NOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!! those were all early season or opening days games according to you.

I rest my case.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
I was referring to opening and early season games as was the person who started this thread !!! But hey, don't read the thread , just go off subject like you always do in your efforts to prove me wrong. This thread was supposed to be about how purdue always seems to be slow getting out of the gate. But you saw a wolegib post and had to put in your 2 cents even though you had no idea what the subject was.

LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THE THREAD BEFORE REPLYING AGAIN !

it's not hard .

If you want to just bash me, just start your own bash wolegib thread and post 100 times ! I'm sure others will join you.

It would be nice if you stuck to the topic, rather than post outliers.

The OHio St game was the 7th game of that season.
the Iowa game was the 6th game of the season last year.
MSU was the 9th game of the season last yar.

BUT NOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!! those were all early season or opening days games according to you.

I rest my case.
Your case, as usual, is poorly-conceived and written. Also, nobody wants to read your essay-like posts. You are consistently inconsistent within your paragraphs.

Purdue opened the season in 2020 with a 24-20 win vs Iowa. Purdue opened the 2021 season with a 30-21 win vs. Oregon State. What was the slow start last year? Losing to ND at ND - probably because we started Plummer?

Brohm's teams tend to improve over the course of the season. I think he generally does a damn good job of diagnosing weaknesses and improving things in that area with scheme or different personnel. The lone time he didn't improve things were under Diaco's defense. He did remedy that ultimately.

Every team does some dumb shit. Carrying the ball in the wrong arm to cause a fumble. Not wrapping up on tackles. That is some stuff that coaches shouldn't really have to emphasize at the college level as that is football 101. However, it happens.

I don't honestly have a problem with Brohm's preparation. I've had a few issues with his clock management and commitment to the run. I think those are more than fair criticisms.

Reactions: FirstDownB
Your case, as usual, is poorly-conceived and written. Also, nobody wants to read your essay-like posts. You are consistently inconsistent within your paragraphs.

Purdue opened the season in 2020 with a 24-20 win vs Iowa. Purdue opened the 2021 season with a 30-21 win vs. Oregon State. What was the slow start last year? Losing to ND at ND - probably because we started Plummer?
2020 was a weird year so I do not know what to make of beating Iowa in the opener. Oregon State went 7-6 in the year that we beat the in 2021; not exactly a dominant team in a weak PAC-12. They lost the Kimmel Bowl in LA to Utah State. In general, Brohm is not good early on.

Last edited:
2020 was a weird year so I do not know what to make of beating Iowa in the opener. Oregon State went 7-6 in the year that we beat the in 2021; not exactly a dominant team in a weak PAC-12. They lost the Kimmel Bowl in LA to Utah State. In general, Brohm is not good early on.
Also, the Oregon St QB who started that game and was ineffective and pulled in the second half, never started another game for them. The timing was definitely in our favor there.

ADVERTISEMENT