ADVERTISEMENT

I am feeling great now......

If you have then you should recognize that it is our record. I didn't realize there was a column for "competitive losses".

So you're not going to include everything I stated just the first sentence.

If that they way you try to frame a discussion I don't see much value in continuing it with you.

Last edited:
only need 2 more wins to possibly squeak in

I would be shocked if they take 5-7 teams this year.
Last year, some 6-6 teams from lower, non Power 5 conferences that had 6 wins got left out in favor of of some potentially higher tier schools with Minnesota and Nebraska making it in along with San Jose State.
The bowl selection committee and NCAA made a big change this year in saying that no 5 win teams can be selected for a bowl before all 6 win teams are selected. I could see a big grouping of 6 win teams in our conference alone this year.

With 6 games left, we've got Minnesota, Purdue, IU, Northwestern, Maryland, Iowa, Penn State, all playing to reach bowl eligibility.

Will be shocked to see maybe more than 5-7 team selected if any.

I thought it was established before a primary reason dh2 was here to start this season was because of an Ad in transition

I would be shocked if they take 5-7 teams this year.
Last year, some 6-6 teams from lower, non Power 5 conferences that had 6 wins got left out in favor of of some potentially higher tier schools with Minnesota and Nebraska making it in along with San Jose State.
The bowl selection committee and NCAA made a big change this year in saying that no 5 win teams can be selected for a bowl before all 6 win teams are selected. I could see a big grouping of 6 win teams in our conference alone this year.

With 6 games left, we've got Minnesota, Purdue, IU, Northwestern, Maryland, Iowa, Penn State, all playing to reach bowl eligibility.

Will be shocked to see maybe more than 5-7 team selected if any.
I doubt it it either.
Was just pointing it out to those who have a criteria of waiting until we are not bowl eligible. 8 losses is a guaranteed total

So you're not going to include everything I stated just the first sentence.

If that they way you try to frame a discussion I don't see much value in continuing it with you.

Then don't. If I may borrow a saying from Bill Parcells, "You are what your record says you are." I don't need to listen to all of your extraneous BS because at the end of the day we are still 3-3.

If a bunch of people join JPC because we fire a coach then this fan base is dumber than I thought and my opinion currently isn't very high as it is.
If we fire dh2 and actually land a big name, why wouldnt we see a surge in jpc?
I imagine the athletic dept would expect/ hope for it

If we fire dh2 and actually land a big name, why wouldnt we see a surge in jpc?
I imagine the athletic dept would expect/ hope for it

That's not the hypothetical. The claim is that a bunch of people are going to join JPC solely for the AD firing Hazell right now in the middle of the season. They aren't going to wait to see who the new coach is. They are just going to be so glad the current coach was canned during the season they are going to join no matter who we get to replace him.

That's not the hypothetical. The claim is that a bunch of people are going to join JPC solely for the AD firing Hazell right now in the middle of the season. They aren't going to wait to see who the new coach is. They are just going to be so glad the current coach was canned during the season they are going to join no matter who we get to replace him.

You really think that is that far-fetched??

The vast majority of this board wants him gone today, and we are probably a good indication of how most of the fan-base feels. Like, put a gun to the head of this DH era and put it out of it's misery, so we can start to have some hope for the future, and look forward to the new dawn rising, no matter what that dawn might bring, bc this damn day has gone on too long and anything is better than what we have been living through! Ya follow??

I'm not sure I agree that there will be a JPC land-rush, but I definitely get the sentiment. And I am 100% behind the "sooner the better" firing sentiment. Be gone Darrell Hazell, BE GONE!

You really think that is that far-fetched??

The vast majority of this board wants him gone today, and we are probably a good indication of how most of the fan-base feels. Like, put a gun to the head of this DH era and put it out of it's misery, so we can start to have some hope for the future, and look forward to the new dawn rising, no matter what that dawn might bring, bc this damn day has gone on too long and anything is better than what we have been living through! Ya follow??

I'm not sure I agree that there will be a JPC land-rush, but I definitely get the sentiment. And I am 100% behind the "sooner the better" firing sentiment. Be gone Darrell Hazell, BE GONE!

As I said earlier, if that happens then this fan base is dumber than I already think it is.

Oh please. That's a piss-poor blanket statement to just throw out, with no real argument besides "he's 3-3, what did you expect?!?", like you have some kind of authority RE judging the emotions of the fanbase, and how they should react after 4 seasons of this.

IMO Hazell and Les Miles started this season on the exact same hot-seat. Should have been fired after last season > were given one more shot to see if things have improved > through the first four games for Miles (2-2), and obviously for DH, it is obvious that things > HAVE NOT IMPROVED. Les Miles, a Natty winning beloved coach got fired, DH is still trolling our sidelines.

And we're dumb. Yeah, OK. :rolleyes:

And regarding expectations, what I expect, in a coaches 4th Season, is that we are back to beating the schools Purdue University should beat. Schools like Cincy and like Maryland. Not losing by 50 points to those schools. Wouldn't you agree? I mean, come on. 50-7? Maryland?

I think at this point we should be at least 4-2 with a chance to win two more. That's what I expect in a coaches 4th year, and honestly, those expectations are pretty damn sad. Truly, I would hope that a successful coach that had Purdue on the rise and performing well would be 5-1 so far this season, with a chance at 8 wins (we should beat MN, IU, NW most years, IMO). Those are not unreasonable expectations, but with this coach?? Holy hell. That's like asking him to cure cancer.

Do you see another win on our schedule? Bc a win seems doubtful to me. I thought maybe Minn but they beat Maryland today, so they're probably an L. And NW was a possibility, but they beat MSU today @ MSU and also beat Iowa. THEY seem to be improving after a slow start. Hopefully IU, but I don't have a lot of hope.

Oh please. That's a piss-poor blanket statement to just throw out, with no real argument besides "he's 3-3, what did you expect?!?", like you have some kind of authority RE judging the emotions of the fanbase, and how they should react after 4 seasons of this.

IMO Hazell and Les Miles started this season on the exact same hot-seat. Should have been fired after last season > were given one more shot to see if things have improved > through the first four games for Miles (2-2), and obviously for DH, it is obvious that things > HAVE NOT IMPROVED. Les Miles, a Natty winning beloved coach got fired, DH is still trolling our sidelines.

And we're dumb. Yeah, OK. :rolleyes:

I've got news for you. The only opinion I'm concerned with is my own.

Well guess what, the fact that it's only you and one or two other posters who share that opinion means one thing...your opinion is WRONG.

/thread

tumblr_mt80mvKYGn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Things often change once a pattern of three occurs. After they lose at Nebraska next Saturday (Huskers might show MSU football-type mercy, or not) and then lose at home to Penn State the next Saturday, that will be three losses in a row. If they are not competitive in either game (much like all of their losses so far), I think Bobinski will finally pull the plug on Hazell, an interim will finish out the season, and the search for a permanent replacement staff can begin ahead of schedule.

Not certain IU "handles" us. We can definitely win this year. Offense is as good as it has been. They aren't that good. Every game on our schedule is still very winnable minus maybe Wisoconsin.

Like it or not, Hazell has every chance to win 6 and save his job.

People act like we are 0-6 on this board. Sad.
Care to lay some dough on the line? I'll give you 14 right get now.

Not certain IU "handles" us. We can definitely win this year. Offense is as good as it has been. They aren't that good. Every game on our schedule is still very winnable minus maybe Wisoconsin.

Like it or not, Hazell has every chance to win 6 and save his job.

People act like we are 0-6 on this board. Sad.
3 wins against teams with overall records of 7-12 overall or something near! Two things are apparent to most of us who watch and know college football 1) Purdue most probably will not win another game heading into the IU game and we will be beat up physically and mentally by then as a team and 2) IU's lines both on O and D are far superior to ours and that is where 90% or more where the games are won or lost! Question is what is your particular flavor of Kool Aid you are drinking while watching the Boilers?

Then don't. If I may borrow a saying from Bill Parcells, "You are what your record says you are." I don't need to listen to all of your extraneous BS because at the end of the day we are still 3-3.
Are you aware that Bill Parcells was an NFL coach? Are you also aware that NFL teams aren't allowed to choose their own opponents for their first 3 games like Purdue did this year? If Purdue had scheduled Indiana State instead of Cincy, we would be 4-2 right now. And we would still suck, like we do at 3-3.

Bad analogy. 3-3 is no reason to keep the Haze around.

If we dig deeper than our basic 3-3 record, we see

Team efficiency rankings (ESPN)
Off - 73
Def - 94
ST - 127
Overall - 94

Off - 82
Def - 120
ST - 93
Overall - 109

Don't think you fire him when he's sitting at .500. If you were going to fire him at 3-3 you shouldn't have even let him start the season in the first place.

I agree. To be honest, I didn't think we'd be at 3-3 at this point. I'd love to just cut bait and move on, but I'd be surprised if they do it now. I'm afriad the three wins might have bought Hazell the opportunity to finish the season.

Reactions: TC4THREE
If we dig deeper than our basic 3-3 record, we see

Team efficiency rankings (ESPN)
Off - 73
Def - 94
ST - 127
Overall - 94

Off - 82
Def - 120
ST - 93
Overall - 109
I thought firing shoop was going to help the offense? Guess the problem must lie elsewhere...

Collegiate football is no different than any other level of football be it at a high school or in the NFL, your offensive and defensive lines win you games or keep you in games. They make EVERY other position and personnel look or play better and ours on both sides of the ball are not very good and poor just might be the best one could say about them.

Well guess what, the fact that it's only you and one or two other posters who share that opinion means one thing...your opinion is WRONG.

/thread

tumblr_mt80mvKYGn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

That's fine. I don't need to be in the majority.

BTW, have you noticed that Hazell hasn't been fired yet? I guess at the end of the day the people that matter don't really think much of your opinion.

Reactions: Cleanface
Are you aware that Bill Parcells was an NFL coach? Are you also aware that NFL teams aren't allowed to choose their own opponents for their first 3 games like Purdue did this year? If Purdue had scheduled Indiana State instead of Cincy, we would be 4-2 right now. And we would still suck, like we do at 3-3.

Bad analogy. 3-3 is no reason to keep the Haze around.

No we could not have scheduled ISU because you can't play two FCS teams and have both those games count. In fact, I believe we only got to play the one because it was previously scheduled prior to the B1G changing rules about playing FCS opponents.

No we could not have scheduled ISU because you can't play two FCS teams and have both those games count. In fact, I believe we only got to play the one because it was previously scheduled prior to the B1G changing rules about playing FCS opponents.
Ok - we could have scheduled another crappy FBS team like Nevada, and be 4-2 and still terrible right now.

Point still stands: 3-3 record in college football means nothing.

That's fine. I don't need to be in the majority.

BTW, have you noticed that Hazell hasn't been fired yet? I guess at the end of the day the people that matter don't really think much of your opinion.
BTW, have you noticed that the "people that matter" don't know what the hell they're doing?

Reactions: cjf04
Yet you care enough about other opinions to post responses.

Hypocrite.

Haha. Pretty lame
He doesn't, because he's a ****ing moron. Stats mean nothing to the Pollyanna Sunshine Boys/powers that be.

As I said earlier, I was calling out things that bothered me about Hazell in his first game when many morons were saying to wait because it was all Hope's fault. So your description couldn't be any more inaccurate. I'm just not reacting like a whiny little girl like you are. There will be a time and place to make a call on Hazell. Midway through a season sitting at 3-3 just because you're a little butthurt isn't the right time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT