ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley to Kentucky?

Whoever they choose makes me a little nervous. Don't want it to affect our future recruiting. No way Painter leaves for UK. He has things humming along too well in West Lafayette.

Whoever they choose makes me a little nervous. Don't want it to affect our future recruiting. No way Painter leaves for UK. He has things humming along too well in West Lafayette.
Painter is not leaving for UK. They want someone who has won a NC and will use NIL to buy teams. Painter may get that NC eventually but he isn’t going to construct a whole roster by buying players

Hurley isn't going to UK. He's UConn through and through.

If he goes anywhere it will be NBA ala Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan, etc etc

IMO it will be one of three already mentioned:

Drew
Oats
Pearl

One thing for Hurley, if there is ever time for him to leave while stock is high it is now.

Cupboard will be bare if Clingan, Karaban, and Castle all go pro with Newton and Spencer already gone. I know they somewhat reloaded this year, but that is a massive culture/core loss to absorb and still maintain elite level of play with Freshman and portal free agents.

Also, how will Big East survive in the now Mega Conference Era? I think they'll be fine, but still an unknown.

If he's ever going to jump, the time is now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT