ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Dickinson and Jaden Ivey visit this weekend

What are our realistic chances with these 2 recruits?

Hard to tell. Dickenson will be a McD AA national recruit. He has already official visited ND and goes to DeMatha (Catholic High School). Purdue has obviously made an impression with how it uses 7 footers by getting an official visit, so it will be interesting to watch his recruitment develop.

Ivey just got a ND offer. His mom won a NC playing for ND and now coaches at ND and he lives in South Bend. Purdue was his first offer, but I would think ND will be tough to beat out for him.

Hard to tell. Dickenson will be a McD AA national recruit. He has already official visited ND and goes to DeMatha (Catholic High School). Purdue has obviously made an impression with how it uses 7 footers by getting an official visit, so it will be interesting to watch his recruitment develop.

Ivey just got a ND offer. His mom won a NC playing for ND and now coaches at ND and he lives in South Bend. Purdue was his first offer, but I would think ND will be tough to beat out for him.

What shoes does he like?

Reactions: Inspector100
Purdue has recruited players that had parents who played for Purdue, but never went to Purdue. I would assume those parents would be happy if the player went to their Alma Mater, but basically want their kids to go to school that's best for them

I was at the scrimmage today and they were there. Ivey seems like he is good friends with Isaiah and Brandon Newman. They all sat together for the scrimmage. He stayed after the scrimmage was over and put up shots with them. Lots of smiles. Hunter stayed more with his family from what I saw. Didn’t really hang around with the rest of the guys. But he came in late so there are probably no takeaways from this.

I was at the scrimmage today and they were there. Ivey seems like he is good friends with Isaiah and Brandon Newman. They all sat together for the scrimmage. He stayed after the scrimmage was over and put up shots with them. Lots of smiles. Hunter stayed more with his family from what I saw. Didn’t really hang around with the rest of the guys. But he came in late so there are probably no takeaways from this.
What were your takeaways from the scrimmage?

What were your takeaways from the scrimmage?

Compared to the first one, Eric was playing very well. Shooting with confidence. Carsen was doing Carsen things. Aaron showed off the athleticism we’ve been quick to hype ourselves up about with a nice putback jam. Matt even made some jumpers but dropped the pass to potentially tie the game in the final scrimmage. Evan had a few really nice fade-aways. Nothing else stood out to me. Everyone played pretty well. Wish we could’ve seen more of Nojel but he went down. Took some contact to the head.

Thompson was so chummy with Ivey that they could have been best friends - good sign for future recruiting. I know they were simply messing around after the scrimmage, but all three are very smooth from range.

Reactions: Roeder
Thompson was so chummy with Ivey that they could have been best friends - good sign for future recruiting. I know they were simply messing around after the scrimmage, but all three are very smooth from range.

Isaiah tends to be very friendly with recruits and just seems like an all around likeabke guy. Let’s hope he can help convince Malik to commit. Reports said he was going at him hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT