ADVERTISEMENT

How was everyone's experience at Gooseshit Stadium yesterday?

Purdue 95

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
The Danger Zone
www.youtube.com
Anybody else have seats in the upper part of the SE stands? For the record, this isn't my photo. I took one on my phone, but found a Tweet from somebody else who had the same experience we did.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. This is very emblematic of their entire football program. Seriously, WTF? DISGUSTING. Does nobody even do a casual walkthrough of the stadium on the morning of game day to make sure there aren't problems like this??? How does that NOT get addressed????

Very solid turnout by Purdue fans yesterday. Disappointing crowd overall - maybe 36-38k (reality is nowhere near the 48k they published in the box score) - but probably half of them were Purdue fans. Surprised at the low turnout of IU fans considering the Notre Dame game didn't kick off until 8:00 PM.

DsyKKVlVsAAILeu.jpg

Yuck! You'd think they'd put some dog cutouts or fake swans up there to keep them out. I remember going to a Tigers game a few years ago, and starting in about the 4th inning, a guy would go out during the inning break and shoot off a couple of bottle rockets. I thought "Wow, if that's their "fireworks", it is sadly lacking." Around the seventh inning I figured out what it was for; to keep the massive flock of seagulls that had moved in during the game off the field.

I sat down in the IU booster section and was shocked at the low turnout. Was wondering if the PU turnout was low too, but a lot of black and gold in all sections and our fans were pretty loud

Anybody else have seats in the upper part of the SE stands? For the record, this isn't my photo. I took one on my phone, but found a Tweet from somebody else who had the same experience we did.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. This is very emblematic of their entire football program. Seriously, WTF? DISGUSTING. Does nobody even do a casual walkthrough of the stadium on the morning of game day to make sure there aren't problems like this??? How does that NOT get addressed????

Very solid turnout by Purdue fans yesterday. Disappointing crowd overall - maybe 36-38k (reality is nowhere near the 48k they published in the box score) - but probably half of them were Purdue fans. Surprised at the low turnout of IU fans considering the Notre Dame game didn't kick off until 8:00 PM.

DsyKKVlVsAAILeu.jpg
Another confirmation that IU football is a joke.

DsyKKVlVsAAILeu.jpg
I think you have coined a new nickname for this place. Here after IU's football stadium shall be known as "Gooseshit Stadium". Fun!

DsyKKVlVsAAILeu.jpg

Pathetic and embarrassing. And their SEZ looks like a damn salvage yard...
they ought to call it the 'S & SEZ': the SANFORD & SON ENDZONE.

GlumSentimentalAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

#YouGoFred

Reactions: TheGunner and TMA62
I was at the game on the Home side at the 30 yard line sitting on cushioned seat backs which were quite comfortable just side opposite of the goose turds. There were 6 Purdue fans immediately around us. Very fun celebrating successful TD's around them. We were reasonably respectful, yet they didn't complain at us celebrating. The mass exodus in the last 5 minutes when we went up 28-14 was a nice site to see. Then, after Rondale secured the onsite kick. The guest side of the stadium was most all Black and Gold at that point. My buddy and I enjoyed that view. On our drive back to my parents hometown, we stopped at the Oaken Barrel to celebrate the Oaken Bucket! Another few fun moments over a quality sampler flite and a pint of Gnaw Bone Pale Ale which was quite satisfying. The Snake Pit Porter was tempting me, but I had a long drive back and was wise enough to let my wife drive the 1st 2.5 hrs of the drive while I got some shut eye, then coffee in Illinois before heading home to Milwaukee.

I was sitting about three sections to the right and thirty rows down from there. Didn’t see or hear about the goose crap until after the game.

We sat in a different section than our seas since ours was covered in shit. That was section 102 towards the top. We moved to 103 which was not bad.

Cmon, not the entire campus
Yeah, the campus is nice. I won’t argue that. Of course you’ll get the tired old argument about Purdue’s campus from IU fans who couldn’t find Purdue on a map of Tippecanoe County, but I digress.

I was just very surprised to see that. Naturally, you can’t control a flock of migrating geese from making a stopover in your stadium and making a mess. But how was this not identified and cleaned up before the gates opened??

There are infrastructure problems there that can’t be fixed on a whim (e.g. restrooms that are way too small). However, basic cleaning should be expected. This was not a small area. It was probably the upper quarter to a third of an entire section. What would they have done had there actually been a big crowd? Hand out napkins from the concession stand and wish everybody luck?

Yeah, the campus is nice. I won’t argue that. Of course you’ll get the tired old argument about Purdue’s campus from IU fans who couldn’t find Purdue on a map of Tippecanoe County, but I digress.

I was just very surprised to see that. Naturally, you can’t control a flock of migrating geese from making a stopover in your stadium and making a mess. But how was this not identified and cleaned up before the gates opened??

There are infrastructure problems there that can’t be fixed on a whim (e.g. restrooms that are way too small). However, basic cleaning should be expected. This was not a small area. It was probably the upper quarter to a third of an entire section. What would they have done had there actually been a big crowd? Hand out napkins from the concession stand and wish everybody luck?
Migrators my ass. These were likely locals that have camped out there to sun themselves daily. Grounds either didn't care or expected so few in attendance that they didn't even check that area.

That’s the type of rinky dink operation I have come to expect from the IU AD.

Saw they have a thread over on the IU board and most are understandably embarressed. One guy says it is still better than RA stadium. At least we have more than 4 bathrooms and 4 concession stands

Saw they have a thread over on the IU board and most are understandably embarressed. One guy says it is still better than RA stadium. At least we have more than 4 bathrooms and 4 concession stands

Jimbo is an assbag with the mental equivalent of a plankton.

Last edited:
I like the aesthetics of IUs stadium since they closed both ends but the amenities are pathetic

Agree, the aesthetics are a huge plus.

HOWEVER...

Until yesterday I hadn't experienced the "expansion."

Whoever designed that north end enclosure was an absolute MORON.

If you're in the upper 1/3 of the stadium, you have to enter the stadium, go up a ways, cut over, then go on up the aisle to your row. Not only that, when you enter the stadium YOU CAN ONLY GO UP ONE SIDE. On the other side, the seats go all they way to the opening. They do NOT have stairs going up each side of the opening. It's simply idiotic.

Now... on to the the facilities.

When the Ross-Ade expansion occurred, we built outstanding restroom facilities, located away from the main stadium structure. Not these clueless dolts. They built theirs underneath... and continued with the minimal stall/urinals: 2 doors, with 2 urinals and 2 toilets for each door. Are you flippin' kidding me??? Build the place like you're anticipating massive crowds!

What a MAJOR screw up.

If you're in the upper 1/3 of the stadium, you have to enter the stadium, go up a ways, cut over, then go on up the aisle to your row. Not only that, when you enter the stadium YOU CAN ONLY GO UP ONE SIDE. On the other side, the seats go all they way to the opening. They do NOT have stairs going up each side of the opening. It's simply idiotic.
You would think that there would be some kind of codes against that. It doesn't sound like you could get out very quickly in the event of an emergency.

Reactions: Purdue85
You would think that there would be some kind of codes against that. It doesn't sound like you could get out very quickly in the event of an emergency.

Agreed. It was bizarre.

Here's a picture. The upper half? There's only ONE AISLE that serves that upper portion.

Those glass doors in the upper 1/2? They're locked. There's no service for the common fan. The only way up and down is via the aisle that you see when you look straight up from the corners of the end zone.

Unless you've been there there's no way to describe it. It's simply absurd.

maxresdefault.jpg

Why do people think the campus is nice? I guess if you like the woods...no thank you!

I understand hating IU sports and fans but the campus is a good one.

Honest question ... do you really not like forests? Or nature? I guess you have NYC in your handle. Prefer buildings and infrastructure?

Reactions: Frankie611
Lol now HoosierJimbo is claiming flight tracker means Brohm interviewed with UL today even though it was refuted by Jody Demling (UL’s main 247 guy).

The whole experience at IU is just a mess. They have walnut closed on game day, one of the main thoroughfares. If coming in from the next exit, you have to turn left across traffic to pull into the church, which is one of the main pay parking spots on the north side. 50-75 deep lines to get through metal detectors to get into the stadium. The concourse has water dripping from the seats above. 1/2 the concession stands were closed. One of the main and most significant drips was right over the front of one of the concessions stands that was open. Needed a poncho to get some popcorn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT