ADVERTISEMENT

How realistic is it (Hazell)

Summy1

Junior
Jun 17, 2015
Signed through: Dec. 31, 2018.
If he's fired: Hazell is paid the money he would have earned through the unexpired part of the contract, except bonuses.
That means he receives his base salary, supplemental compensation (for media and public appearances) and "supplemental retirement contributions." Here are examples of the potential payments.
• Jan. 1, 2015: $8,700,000.
• Jan. 1, 2016: $6,600,000.
• Jan. 1, 2017: $4,450,000.
• Jan. 1, 2018: $2,250,000

How realistic is it that Purdue will fire Hazell if he is owed 6.6 million after this season? Will Purdue keep him on because of this?
I can see Purdue winning one or two more games this season. Is winning 3 games enough progress?

Not only that, no matter how we feel, we need to let the season unfold before we speculate on the number of wins/losses.

Not only that, no matter how we feel, we need to let the season unfold before we speculate on the number of wins/losses.

True, I know we need to wait and see how the rest of the season goes but I wanted to put the facts out there and really want to know if 6.6 million is too much for a buyout?

Who would buy season tickets or even go to a game next year, if Hazell stays! I doubt the team wins any more games, so they need to get on it and pay!

Reactions: Redhotfill
42. The answer is always 42.

Exactly. I was just thinking of 42.

Did you know: In Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, Friar Laurence gives Juliet a potion that allows for her to be in a death-like coma for "two and forty hours"? If you look at it the right way, that parallel fits so well here.

Signed through: Dec. 31, 2018.
If he's fired: Hazell is paid the money he would have earned through the unexpired part of the contract, except bonuses.
That means he receives his base salary, supplemental compensation (for media and public appearances) and "supplemental retirement contributions." Here are examples of the potential payments.
• Jan. 1, 2015: $8,700,000.
• Jan. 1, 2016: $6,600,000.
• Jan. 1, 2017: $4,450,000.
• Jan. 1, 2018: $2,250,000

How realistic is it that Purdue will fire Hazell if he is owed 6.6 million after this season? Will Purdue keep him on because of this?
I can see Purdue winning one or two more games this season. Is winning 3 games enough progress?
Not very likely.Yes.No.I still believe this team could have won 5 or 6 games,but I don't think it will happen now.Too bad.There is still time for them to prove me wrong,but I will be shocked if they win five..

The only way he keeps his job, both Offensive and Defensive coordinators are fired. If he is brought back.......no way in hell the assistants are going to be back period.........I think we can all agree maybe one or two wins tops for the rest of year. No one will be shocked if we don't win any and finish 1-11! These guys aren't good enough motivators to keep these kids focused moving forward!

The only way he keeps his job, both Offensive and Defensive coordinators are fired. If he is brought back.......no way in hell the assistants are going to be back period.........I think we can all agree maybe one or two wins tops for the rest of year. No one will be shocked if we don't win any and finish 1-11! These guys aren't good enough motivators to keep these kids focused moving forward!

I disagree. I think we can beat MN, IL, and IN.

I hope Purdue does beat them, but I seriously doubt they win any more games this year! Hazell has shown he can't coach, we don't need to prolong the agony, this should be his last year

Reactions: Redhotfill
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT