ADVERTISEMENT

How many wins (updated)

Summy1

Junior
Jun 17, 2015
We did this before the season started but wonder now how many games you think we will win?

Minn. I think we can beat them but will we?
Illinois
IU We should be able to beat both of them but I think we will win only one

I think we will win 2 or 3 games this season.

We did this before the season started but wonder now how many games you think we will win?

Illinois and IU are toss-ups. Illinois did well against a couple cupcakes early, but has struggled the last two games. IU is just in shootouts with bad teams. Their game vs. us could be to go to a bowl game.

Minnesota looked good in their first couple games as well, then has looked shaky since. They face NW this weekend, which will be interesting to see.

Northwestern obviously jumped into the spotlight with a win against Stanford, but struggled last weekend. Will be interesting to see them play.

Iowa is a team that hasn't beaten anyone great, but has not stumbled and looked good at times. They face Wisconsin next.

Overall, as we enter Big Ten play, we'll learn more about our opponents...even just this weekend's games. Minnesota vs. Northwestern and Iowa vs. Wisconsin.

Illinois and IU are toss-ups. Illinois did well against a couple cupcakes early, but has struggled the last two games. IU is just in shootouts with bad teams. Their game vs. us could be to go to a bowl game.

Minnesota looked good in their first couple games as well, then has looked shaky since. They face NW this weekend, which will be interesting to see.

Northwestern obviously jumped into the spotlight with a win against Stanford, but struggled last weekend. Will be interesting to see them play.

Iowa is a team that hasn't beaten anyone great, but has not stumbled and looked good at times. They face Wisconsin next.

Overall, as we enter Big Ten play, we'll learn more about our opponents...even just this weekend's games. Minnesota vs. Northwestern and Iowa vs. Wisconsin.

You are correct. We will learn more about these Big Ten teams in the upcoming weeks. Minn. and Northwestern don't scare me a lot so I think we have a chance. It's Purdue though. They just find a way to lose. So I still got to go with 2 or 3 wins.

0 wins, Purdue will maybe give a few teams a good game, but won't come thru with a win, then a lot of people will say "we almost beat them" and talk about the few good plays the team made

Reactions: Redhotfill
0 wins, Purdue will maybe give a few teams a good game, but won't come thru with a win, then a lot of people will say "we almost beat them" and talk about the few good plays the team made

Then over at H&R they will drink more Cool aid and say wow what progress this staff is making.
perhaps in year 6 they will win 4 games! SARC off.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
We are done - stick a fork in us. This coaching staff indicated our O-line would be a strength and has already switched QBs. Granted the new QB is much better. No more wins.

It's a shame because I think with the right coaching staff this team could actually win some games. We were close in the Marshal and BG game. I really think these players are capable of 6 wins. Too bad it won't happen though.

You are correct. We will learn more about these Big Ten teams in the upcoming weeks. Minn. and Northwestern don't scare me a lot so I think we have a chance. It's Purdue though. They just find a way to lose. So I still got to go with 2 or 3 wins.

Funny. Northwestern will take us out back and beat us like te big drum! That game won't even be within 2 scores

Even IU wil put up 60 on the Boilers.

And is 6-6 even a guarantee for a bowl game since the conference is now 14 teams?

Maybe Minnesota or Illinois. Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Northwestern, and IU no way

You're nuts. I will gladly call Morgan myself and demand Hazell's head on a platter if they don't win again this year. But there was nothing you saw today that would suggest that.

Completely agree. Nothing we saw on the field today indicates we will go winless the rest of the way. Cmon people, we played our hearts out in that second half with a brand new freshman QB and almost beat the #2 team in the country at their house. How can you watch that and be thinking we will go winless.

Reactions: Bully4OldPurdue
The idea that this was a good performance is solely based on the fact that everyone thinks Michigan State is good. Honestly their only good win is over Oregon at home and with them losing badly to Utah at home it doesnt look like that was so great. The team that lost to Virginia Tech is still there and will show up when you least expect it to.

We are good enough personnel, if we play smart and have good game plans, to go 5-7 with wins over a very, very disappointing Nebraska team, Minnesota, Illinois and Indiana. My prediction.. is 3-9 with two more "heartbreakers" that are really only heartbreakers if you ignore the early gimmes that we give teams before our "comebacks"

The idea that this was a good performance is solely based on the fact that everyone thinks Michigan State is good. Honestly their only good win is over Oregon at home and with them losing badly to Utah at home it doesnt look like that was so great. The team that lost to Virginia Tech is still there and will show up when you least expect it to.

PS Virginia Tech lost to Pitt yesterday.

MSU hasn't been that impressive. I said it all last week too so it's not like I'm just now saying it. Not saying they aren't good, but I certainly would not put them at #2. Their defense hasn't kept 1 team to under 10 points - and 2 of their 'soft' teams they played scored over 20 points. That's not the typical MSU defense.

We can be competitive if given favorable situations. MSU did just that with our first TD - a 20 yard drive to get a spark. Purdue hit 300 yards of offense yesterday. Blough's statistics were not good (less than 50% completion). We had 22 minutes of possession time (in a 60 minute game). If you look at the stats - that's not a game you think is close at the end. I'm not discrediting Purdue, but you aren't going to win many games like that.

Many teams that were thought to be good going into the season are not that good, particularly Nebraska and Wisconsin. We should be able to be competitive, if not win, against teams like Minnesota and Illinois. This is the perfect time for us to be playing Minnesota. We're not too beat up, it's early in the Big Ten season, etc. I think we should win at home.

Yes, the Big Ten does have some beatable teams. Can we take advantage and beat them is the question?

We should beat: Minnesota and Illinois will we beat them, I don't know?

Games we will be in and have a chance to win: Nebraska, Indiana, Wisconsin

still thinking we win 2 or 3 this season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT