ADVERTISEMENT

How high do we jump in polls?

I say we jump to #10 as well. Depends on what happens rest of the weekend.

I think we pass up Nova for 10 and maybe another spot if Kentucky is shocked by Arizona state (or North Carolina to Texas).

I hope we drop. I want extra motivation for Butler. I'm tired of us losing in Indy.

After next week, I hope we're #1 :D.

At this point in the season we probably won't leapfrog another team than wins with a win over butler. The polls are now everyone's to lose. 9 with us passing nova and the Tar Heels.

#9 or #10, wouldn't be shocked if Xavier jumped over us with a win against Cincy.

The next three will all be good tests for this team. Really want to see a win in Indy.

Kenpom has us as the #1 defense in the nation now (#2 being Florida).
^^^Agree. I don't know why people think we should jump other teams in the polls unless they lose a game. I wouldn't want other teams jumping us just because they played well (especially suck ass xaiver). Why is it right that we would jump over teams ahead of us? We may squeak by Virginia though as we were very close in points last week. As the "Purdue deniers" in the AP voting move us from #23 to #19, we may get enough points to jump them.

I can see X jumping ahead of PU in both polls this week, whether right or wrong. But a win over Butler would move PU ahead again.

Reactions: dwhitebash11
Don't get me wrong, I just love seeing our Boilers climb in the rankings. That said, there might be benefit in our guys feeling overlooked and playing with a chip.

I can see X jumping ahead of PU in both polls this week, whether right or wrong. But a win over Butler would move PU ahead again.

Agree with this. I have a feeling we stay 11, or 10 the highest, with Xavier jumping ahead of us. I also have a feeling the voters will drop UNC to only 9 or so with the loss @ Texas. Xavier and UNC will be the two teams right in front of us, IMO. We will jump Nova though. But after next week, we have the potential to gain 3 spots in the rankings, possibly more depending on the results.

Agree with this. I have a feeling we stay 11, or 10 the highest, with Xavier jumping ahead of us. I also have a feeling the voters will drop UNC to only 9 or so with the loss @ Texas. Xavier and UNC will be the two teams right in front of us, IMO. We will jump Nova though. But after next week, we have the potential to gain 3 spots in the rankings, possibly more depending on the results.
I'll be very surprised if UNC stays ahead of Purdue with two losses.

After spending way more time than I should have this morning looking at the ballots of the AP voters, I think we could squeak into #9. There were a number of voters who had us at #6-8 and still had Nova and UNC ahead of us. Jumping us ahead of UNC when we were already #8 is much more likely than if we were #11 (or in the case of one of these D-bags, #17). We will likely not pull ahead of UNC overall, but I think the extra votes can get us past Virginia.

After spending way more time than I should have this morning looking at the ballots of the AP voters, I think we could squeak into #9. There were a number of voters who had us at #6-8 and still had Nova and UNC ahead of us. Jumping us ahead of UNC when we were already #8 is much more likely than if we were #11 (or in the case of one of these D-bags, #17). We will likely not pull ahead of UNC overall, but I think the extra votes can get us past Virginia.

Jon Wilner......he's talkin to you......

Reactions: Frankie611
#9 isn't bad. It is very cool to be in the top ten again. Now we have some big games coming up to prove ourselves.

I'll be very surprised if UNC stays ahead of Purdue with two losses.

I was wrong. I would be surprised too based on common sense, but we're talking rankings in December. The committees don't use common sense. They go for the sexy name. That's why I thought what I did. We all know the media gives Purdue no credit. If this was IU with an 11-0 record and our resume, they would be top 5. If it was Duke, they'd be #1.

That said, I'm glad we got the respect we deserved. I'll take #8.

I was wrong. I would be surprised too based on common sense, but we're talking rankings in December. The committees don't use common sense. They go for the sexy name. That's why I thought what I did. We all know the media gives Purdue no credit. If this was IU with an 11-0 record and our resume, they would be top 5. If it was Duke, they'd be #1.

That said, I'm glad we got the respect we deserved. I'll take #8.

Very true. The pollsters love the big name teams. I too was surprised that UNC fell so much. Purdue has a chance to prove itself though with the big games coming up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT