ADVERTISEMENT

How did IU get out of that game without an ejection?

mk_peters

All-American
Aug 9, 2004
One guy donkey kicks a Purdue guy in the nuts, and another guy launches himself like an ICBM into the back of David’s skull.

Bush league, I’m a fool for expecting more from that program. They’ve always been dirtbags.

Last edited:
Also questionable helmet to helmet on Aidan on the sack. I will give them the benefit of the doubt on that one (as the refs did multiple times) as Aiden dipped his head. But the dude came in high and there was contact.

Reactions: Schnelk
Did you hear some of the game on IU radio?I have been wondering how Old Buck and Don enjoyed this season.
Yes , I didn’t make the game , had to switch radio channels while driving for reception! It was funny listening to them! Kept saying the game is getting out of hand, I can’t remember everything they said , it was like listening to the Captain of the Titanic talking while the ship was sinking!

Reactions: Schnelk
One guy donkey kicks a Purdue guy in the nuts, and another guy launches himself like an ICBM into the back of David’s skull.

Bush league, I’m a fool for expecting more from that program. They’ve always been dirtbags.
Yeah especially the early Christmas nutcracker

Purdue deserves a hearty commendation for not retaliating against IU’s dirty play. Those refs were really late in trying to reel IU in. They should have flagged IU early, but they didn’t.
They really showed their true colors late when the game and their season was over. I hope someone in the Big Ten offices takes a look at the Tom Allen tactics and takes appropriate action.

They really showed their true colors late when the game and their season was over. I hope someone in the Big Ten offices takes a look at the Tom Allen tactics and takes appropriate action.

Then they sat on the ball to run out the clock, and they slunk off the field like a bunch of garden slugs. But they held Purdue under 50!

It’s another link in the chain. We should put one on for last year too because Brohmbardi owns Coach Tom Allen.

Last edited:
Then they sat on the ball to run out the clock, and they slunk off the field like a bunch of garden slugs. But they held Purdue under 50!

It’s another link in the chain. We should put one on for last year too because Brohmbardi owns Coach Tom Allen.
Lol. IU would've won by double digits last season. Get real.

• Haha
Reactions: Indy_Rider
Lol. IU would've won by double digits last season. Get real.
This is rich. With your QB that was such a pussy he couldn’t finish out this year? Or your WB that was such a pussy he couldn’t finish out last year? The only reason they could beat us in 2019 was a DC so incompetent he got fired.

No one outside your little IU bubble believes that. Brohm owns IU. Purdue would have walked over IU last year.
Lol. You guys lost to Rutgers who was absolutely horrible last year. Both teams equal strength minus season ending injuries, IU wins easily.

Lol. You guys lost to Rutgers who was absolutely horrible last year. Both teams equal strength minus season ending injuries, IU wins easily.
This shit…go ahead and judge us in a year where nothing was normal or on schedule. It’s the only reason IU won 8. How did that bowl game go vs the SEC 2nd team!

IU is a joke and this year cemented that. Enjoy it before you fade into absolute oblivion!!!!

This shit…go ahead and judge us in a year where nothing was normal or on schedule. It’s the only reason IU won 8. How did that bowl game go vs the SEC 2nd team!

IU is a joke and this year cemented that. Enjoy it before you fade into absolute oblivion!!!!
Doesn't matter if it was a normal year or you guys ducking due to covid or whatever it may be. It was IU's year to shine. IU would've got it done by double digits. Defense was playing lights out. Probably a 27-10 game.

Unfortunately, neither you nor I knows the answer. I was, however, looking forward to the Bucket game last year without an ounce of worry about the outcome. IU was a pretender last year. They didn’t scare anyone.
We for sure don't know the definite answer but logic and common opponents say IU wins by double digits. Not worrying on your part means little. No bowl game on the line for you guys either way.

We for sure don't know the definite answer but logic and common opponents say IU wins by double digits. Not worrying on your part means little. No bowl game on the line for you guys either way.
IU built last season on an unsustainable turnover margin. It was not a great team. It was a fortunate team.

Purdue typically punches IU in the mouth, and IU typically backs down. That’s just a fact. That’s the rivalry in a nutshell.

IU built last season on an unsustainable turnover margin. It was not a great team. It was a fortunate team.

Purdue typically punches IU in the mouth, and IU typically backs down. That’s just a fact. That’s the rivalry in a nutshell.
Problem for you and Purdue, last season IU was doing the punching in the mouth. Especially on defense. Your fact doesn't mean squat for last season at all. Purdue was underperforming, while IU was punching above their weight. Momentum and trajectory was a factor whether you want to accept it or not. IU would've won fairly easily.

Doesn't matter if it was a normal year or you guys ducking due to covid or whatever it may be. It was IU's year to shine. IU would've got it done by double digits. Defense was playing lights out. Probably a 27-10 game.
Both teams had covid issues if memory served. I'm not sure either team ducked the other but IU had nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing that game (similar to us today). One loss to a bad Purdue team with a Diaco-led defense and their Covid-Cinderella, once-in-a-lifetime, fluke season goes down in flames. I could certainly see why they were agreeable to not playing.

Problem for you and Purdue, last season IU was doing the punching in the mouth. Especially on defense. Your fact doesn't mean squat for last season at all. Purdue was underperforming, while IU was punching above their weight. Momentum and trajectory was a factor whether you want to accept it or not. IU would've won fairly easily.
Congrats on your mythical victory! We'll make sure to add a mythical "I" to the Bucket to commemorate it.

Both teams had covid issues if memory served. I'm not sure either team ducked the other but IU had nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing that game (similar to us today). One loss to a bad Purdue team with a Diaco-led defense and their Covid-Cinderella, once-in-a-lifetime, fluke season goes down in flames. I could certainly see why they were agreeable to not playing.
Not sure which school had more covid issues, but I am sure without hesitation, IU would not duck Purdue last season. There's just no way.

Don’t shape the narrative. IU, the home team, canceled last year’s Bucket game ... twice. Purdue should get the link for that reason alone.

You sad IU fans are so pathetic that you are trying to claim a victory for a game that wasnt played.

Ah,yes that IU defense.The same one basically that started ten Seniors today and gave up 44 points.

You have no idea who canceled in either game. Could be both schools, who knows. Probably a good thing for you guys though.
Oh,so it could be both schools that cancelled last year?You were stating within the last hour that Purdue ducked out.You better get out of here before you keep convincing us that you dont know what you are talking about.

LOL. Yeah, probably.

Brohm damn near beat IU in 2019 without 50% of his team. He was going step on IU’s throat last year, just like he did yesterday.
Little chance for that to happen last season. IU is usually fresh meat for the rest of the conference, but last season it was IU's time to rise up due to the perfect storm of the usual big names not quite as good. Purdue was floundering like most of the Big10. IU at home even with no real crowd would've won easily. Not boasting or rubbing it in, but most would agree. Purdue was a mess and IU was playing really well. IU's defense would've shut Purdue down and set up a couple of scores. Even the most basic football fan knows this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT