ADVERTISEMENT

Houston 76-46 over Kansas

Sampson has a reputation of bending the rules, but the dude can coach. They're a tough team.
off topic a little here, but watched Creighton - Nova today Nova is now 17 -14 and DeCoursie has them as an 11 seed. I know there's metrics and who you play but they are 3 games above 500

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
Kansas looks like they're going through the motions right now. No idea what a good shot is. DICK also got hurt near the end of the game. Was going for a rebound and the Houston player sort of came over the top of him and ripped his shoulder out of place. He ran straight to the locker room and never returned as far as I could tell.

Talk about a team that you'd like to see as a 4-seed right now.

Houston plays amazing defense, I don’t think they can score enough to make a final 4, we’ll see, Sampson coaches the heck out of them, probably not a NBA player on that team, maybe Shead gets in.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Kansas has some awesome wins. But they also have had some really unexplainable losses

We were told early on, "Just wait until Houston plays in the B12.... they will take their lumps "

Well they have, turns out they are pretty good.....perhaps quite a bit better than posters here thought.
Or the B12 is weak.

Reactions: ChuckJr
Went to look at their schedule because in this era of big conferences sometimes you can luck into a friendly schedule but they played most all of the top teams on the road. They lost 3 of them, pretty similar to what we did.

Serious question here. If anyone has seen Houston play, they are very, very physical. They seem to let them play like that in the Big 12. Look no further than the Iowa state vs Houston game. It actually seemed worse than a B1G game (I know it doesn’t seem
Possible).

So my question is this…all non Purdue fans tend to think Purdue will not get as favorable a whistle as they do in the B1G as edey “gets away with murder”…so why is no one saying the same about Houston’s defense for the tourney?

Disclaimer: I am well aware there’s no such thing as “B1G refs” and also Zach averages less fouls and more FTAs in non conference games and in the tourney. Just think it’s funny how it’s only us that it gets said about being physical and not a team like Houston. Also, nothing against Houston. They’re a very good team, may struggle to score and their front court depth may come to bite them, but still very good and deserve their 1 seed.

• Love
Reactions: Boiler Buck
Or the B12 is weak.

You could be right as the "experts" get it wrong a lot. But here are some "experts" saying the B12 is tops......

I looked at a Kansas write up. Dickinson dislocated his shoulder. No timetable for his return. An MRI is scheduled . Kansas’ leading scorer is also suffering from an injury. He tried to play but was pulled. They are a 5th seed in their own conference tournament. Kansas future does not look good.

We were told early on, "Just wait until Houston plays in the B12.... they will take their lumps "

Well they have, turns out they are pretty good.....perhaps quite a bit better than posters here thought.
Houston is very good no argument there. They deserve the B12 championship.

That said, look at their pre-conference schedule. It is not the schedule a top team should be playing. That was my big gripe about them for the past few years. If you want to be considered one of the big boys, then schedule like it. Instead they load up on cupcakes, beat them by a bunch, and get #1 in the NET.

I'm not saying they don't deserve a #1 seed, they do. I just want to see them schedule up and play better teams pre-conference. It's why we are the #1 overall seed, our resume is better because of pre-conference schedule.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Houston is very good no argument there. They deserve the B12 championship.

That said, look at their pre-conference schedule. It is not the schedule a top team should be playing. That was my big gripe about them for the past few years. If you want to be considered one of the big boys, then schedule like it. Instead they load up on cupcakes, beat them by a bunch, and get #1 in the NET.

I'm not saying they don't deserve a #1 seed, they do. I just want to see them schedule up and play better teams pre-conference. It's why we are the #1 overall seed, our resume is better because of pre-conference schedule.
Yea, agreed they played for the most part a bunch of stiffs, Baylor does that as well. Houston plays great D, they don’t score it real well though. I think they lose in the sweet 16 just like last year.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
I looked at a Kansas write up. Dickinson dislocated his shoulder. No timetable for his return. An MRI is scheduled . Kansas’ leading scorer is also suffering from an injury. He tried to play but was pulled. They are a 5th seed in their own conference tournament. Kansas future does not look good.
It def does not look good this year but wouldn’t be surprised if Dickinson uses his Covid year and comes back again. They have a good recruiting class coming in and I bet self gets 1-2 high ranked transfers.

Houston plays amazing defense, I don’t think they can score enough to make a final 4, we’ll see, Sampson coaches the heck out of them, probably not a NBA player on that team, maybe Shead gets in.
Houston is 12th in Adjusted Offensive Efficiency, per KenPom.

Glad we wouldn’t have to play them until the final four!

Whomever we play will be tough in FF, if either of us do make the FF.

Odds are better #1 seeds do not make FF than do. Since 1985 #1 seeds have not made FF 92/152 times. But this year feels like we will have 2-3 #1 seeds in FF as those #1 are really good. Still the 92/152 ratio of not making it shows it's tough every year to get to the FF even for a #1.

Reactions: POTFHBTFU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT