ADVERTISEMENT

Horvath scores!

And to think some on KHC made fun of me when I said he reminded me of Alstott 2.0. Who knows maybe he’ll have a longer career than Rondale?
I’m just kidding when I say this, “Don’t be dumb to compare a walk on Horvath to Alstott.” Truth be told, I saw similar comparisons and said so on this board to ridicule. Alstott may have had better balance after initial contact, but Horvath is no slouch and had lots of heart as well.
He was no damn walk-on in my book. Glad he got scholarship and stayed the course to being an Alumnus.

I’m just kidding when I say this, “Don’t be dumb to compare a walk on Horvath to Alstott.” Truth be told, I saw similar comparisons and said so on this board to ridicule. Alstott may have had better balance after initial contact, but Horvath is no slouch and had lots of heart as well.
He was no damn walk-on in my book. Glad he got scholarship and stayed the course to being an Alumnus.
There’s only one Alstott but my basis for the comparison is his appearance and never quit style of play

This seems like a better movie storyline than Rudy Ruettiger.

Also can get a better part for Jon Favreau....

tumblr_m5ol2lMMvy1qc3sgso2_500.gifv

and with Horvath I have to start liking the Chargers again.
Yeah, I might start following them again. Maybe. I was a charger fan when they drafted Brees, but when they then took that whiney a$$ Rivers and dumped Drew they became one of the teams I rooted against. I like Herbert and Eckler and of course Zander, so I guess I will follow them. Not that they really care, lol.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Yeah, I might start following them again. Maybe. I was a charger fan when they drafted Brees, but when they then took that whiney a$$ Rivers and dumped Drew they became one of the teams I rooted against. I like Herbert and Eckler and of course Zander, so I guess I will follow them. Not that they really care, lol.
always liked their uni's

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
And to think some on KHC made fun of me when I said he reminded me of Alstott 2.0. Who knows maybe he’ll have a longer career than Rondale?
I'm still making fun of you. The guy has 9 yards from scrimmage (2 rushing) in 2 games and your comparing him to Alstott?

Horvath is a full back who will play situationally. He's had 1 carry in 2 games. I'm glad he's found his niche and I hope he can take advantage of it for a long time. Scoring 2 touchdowns won't hurt.

I'm still making fun of you. The guy has 9 yards from scrimmage (2 rushing) in 2 games and your comparing him to Alstott?

Horvath is a full back who will play situationally. He's had 1 carry in 2 games. I'm glad he's found his niche and I hope he can take advantage of it for a long time. Scoring 2 touchdowns won't hurt.
Unfortunately, the fullback hasn't been a main focus or even in short yard situations anymore.

That's why using him as a hybrid should keep him around. Comparing him to Alstott is a compliment and too many people take it literal. He has some of the same features, but his touches will never compare...just a totally different game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT