ADVERTISEMENT

MARCOS DAVILA

GemstateBoiler

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2006
Davila is playing in the High School All-American game and just threw a touchdown pass. Nice.
He's from Texas, so what Purdue legend would you think the announcers would compare him to?

Davila is playing in the High School All-American game and just threw a touchdown pass. Nice.
He's from Texas, so what Purdue legend would you think the announcers would compare him to?
He looked good on the TD drive. His passes has a crisp zing to it. Talent is there.
Sitting behind Card for a year and getting developed by Harrell, we should have a solid QB ready to go in 2025.

It will be neat to see where he will stack up against other incoming freshmen QBs in the Big Ten. He should be up there.

I like our QB depth chart.

1. Card
2/3. Meridith/ Browne
4. Davilla

So clever ChuckJr. So so clever.

I would rather have Card playing QB for my team than any Big Ten West QBs we faced in 2023.
I’d agree but overall that’s more of an indictment on the QBs in the rest of the division than a positive on Card.

Card was a different player when we started to utilize the QB run. Hopefully it doesn’t take us until the end of next year to start doing that again. Should definitely have a few packages designed for Browne to run/pass as well as he’ll likely be the backup.

Card is a guy you can win with…we were just very slow to put him in his most successFul spots at times this year.

I’d agree but overall that’s more of an indictment on the QBs in the rest of the division than a positive on Card.

Card was a different player when we started to utilize the QB run. Hopefully it doesn’t take us until the end of next year to start doing that again. Should definitely have a few packages designed for Browne to run/pass as well as he’ll likely be the backup.

Card is a guy you can win with…we were just very slow to put him in his most successFul spots at times this year.
Card was injured for several games. We aren't sure how many games he was limited in. We had virutally no other choice at quarterback.

Card was injured for several games. We aren't sure how many games he was limited in. We had virutally no other choice at quarterback.
Card was injured during the Illinois game. He played through the injury in the game. Card was not ready to play in the Iowa game. Walters said he should have rested Card after the Iowa game.

Bret’s strategy was a street fight with Purdue. I remember the dirty hit on Burks. Did not matter, Purdue beat Illinois.

Reactions: z_one
He looked good on the TD drive. His passes has a crisp zing to it. Talent is there.
Sitting behind Card for a year and getting developed by Harrell, we should have a solid QB ready to go in 2025.

It will be neat to see where he will stack up against other incoming freshmen QBs in the Big Ten. He should be up there.

I like our QB depth chart.

1. Card
2/3. Meridith/ Browne
4. Davilla
To bad Harrell can't call plays worth a damn. So it doesn't matter how good our QB is if Harrell doesn't learn how to call plays.

The jury is out on Harrell, but he certainly has something to prove. But the o-line was bad, the QB was botching all of the RPO stuff and then was hurt, and the WRs were not great. He did scheme up some pretty stuff for the TEs though. As long as Card takes a step forward we should be off Harrell's back a bit next year.

Reactions: z_one and cillerdo
The jury is out on Harrell, but he certainly has something to prove. But the o-line was bad, the QB was botching all of the RPO stuff and then was hurt, and the WRs were not great. He did scheme up some pretty stuff for the TEs though. As long as Card takes a step forward we should be off Harrell's back a bit next year.
I think next year is make or break for Harrell. He recruits really well so I hope it works out. If not, Coach Shep may be available.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT