ADVERTISEMENT

Hope we are going to hype him for the Heisman

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
I know it is probably a long shot, but I hope we really hype Rondale for the Heisman this year.

Worth the price of admission:

Pretty nice comparison already:

https://247sports.com/Article/Ronda...ue-Boilermakers-Kansas-City-Chiefs-147195670/

EYFvtwvWoAIsRWk

I was asking this last year. Moore is the type of rare player you only get in your program once in a while. The school/FB team/AD, etc need to take advantage of this marketing opportunity and go all in on a Heisman campaign.

Sorry, but I think Bell and other receivers (possibly Anderson) will take so much of the stats away from Moore that he won't have a chance at the Heisman.

Reactions: Inspector100
If Brohm uses Moore as the Swiss army knife yardage monster that he was his FR year, he's got a puncher's chance to make a run at the Heisman in the Reggie Bush mold. He'd need more rushing attempts/yards, but he could do it.

As Pu71indy said, a lot of that will depend on how the other receivers change the offensive ball distribution. It could be more evenly split because of guys like Bell, or it could end up with a lot more 1-on-1 on Moore and lets him tear it up.

Best case scenario for Moore is probably like, what, 1,400 receiving, 400 rushing, and 20 TDs.

The biggest obstacle is going to be PU's win total, even bigger than position bias. Those kind of numbers on a 10-win team would have him in the national conversation. A 5 or 6 win team? Not so much. I could see PU very plausibly being in either of those win-total situations. Your team is going to need to come out of the gate a lot hotter than the last two years, but it's certainly possible to be one of those special years.

I was at Tennessee to watch them lose to Auburn in 2009. Tennessee kept playing an Eric Berry hype video that to this day still makes me embarrassed for them.

Edit: The UT people next to us kept referring to Jonathan Crompton (their QB) as "Incrompetence"

He just needs to stay healthy & make it through the season.
Don’t be surprised if he starts to be more cautious as he approaches his NFL career.

I don’t know if they will use him as a punt/kick return guy like before but that is another avenue towards Heisman aspiration even if receiving stats are down. Like someone stated above, the win total is going to be a huge factor. I’m thinking we’ll need at least 10 wins

I don’t know if they will use him as a punt/kick return guy like before but that is another avenue towards Heisman aspiration even if receiving stats are down. Like someone stated above, the win total is going to be a huge factor. I’m thinking we’ll need at least 10 wins

Looking at the schedule I just don’t see any avenue to 10. I see 6-7 as the number.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
I honestly think if he has as many all-purpose yards as he did as a FR, it would be a bad thing for Purdue overall.

His biggest hurdle to Heisman besides overall wins is that he missed last year. So much of the Heisman is about name recognition and momentum. Going into last year he was squarely in the national spotlight. Going into this season people still know about him but the hype isn't quite the same (nationally) in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT