ADVERTISEMENT

Hazell 2.0

I hate when people blame a previous coach for a current team's mistakes / failures. This is Brohm's team, not Hazell's. These are Brohm's players. This is Brohm's second year of coaching, not his second game. These players bought into Brohm's system. These are his players. Look at the roster, loo k at the starters. These are players brohm wanted. He's shown the door to almost all of Hazell's players. these players were coached and motivated by brohm and his coaching staff. Don't blame the past for our current team's mistakes and results.

Dang.

This is the Bigs that needs to show up to the forum every day.

Concise, logical, reasonable and spot on.

if the talent well was empty, that is also on Brohm. he knows this team better than you or I. last year the talent well was also empty. And what did Brohm do ? he went out and secured the services of several JUCOs and grad transfers to fill those holes. this year he must have felt confident in the players and talent he had that he did not go out and secure more jucos and transfers to fill the holes of the graduates and other departing players. brohm obviously felt the current talent was good enough that he recruited almost all high school players.

you can no longer blame Hazell for this team. For good and bad, it's now Brohm's team. and it laid an egg today. this game was much like the Nebraska game last year, and also much like last week's game. by all accounts, this was a game we had no business losing, even with Hazell as our coach.

So don't try to make excuses. Don't try to say these are Hazell's players, and that's the reason we lost. We lost because of our game plan, and poor personal judgement by our defense. We lost because of missed extra points and FGs. We lost because we fell in love with a ground game that couldn't score. We lost because we played it safe trying not to make a mistake or throw an interception. It was almost as if we played prevent offense. We didn't take a risk for fear of creating a miscue.

as I said, this was our one gimme game of the year, and our game plan was more like it was an exhibition game and we were evaluating our talent. going forward , we need one QB and to have confidence in that QB. Giving each a quarter to play was a bad coaching decision I thought it was clear who our starting QB should be. We can't use life games to evaluate talent and make decisions. Today it cost us, as well as last week.

that's my opinion.

I've read a lot of your posts and don't always agree but this is spot on.

What is Purdue's offensive identity? I thought Brohm was bringing back Tiller 2.0. Great offensive schemes with a high flying offense. High risk, high reward! In the first half of the Northwestern game Sindelar threw 30 passes. He didn't call the plays the coaches did. I would guess that is who most of us thought Purdue was going to be. A pass first offense. Sindelar threw 3 interceptions which isn't good, but does a bad half change the identity of your football team? Purdue threw for 51 yards in the second half of the Northwestern game and 135 yards against EM. Over half of those yards came on Sindelar's first drive when Purdue opened things up. Then we went back to run first the rest of the game. And before anyone screams but the weather,,,, EM's starting QB was 20 for 28 for 318 yards.

For all of you Blough fans. Look closely at his stats. He is 18 for 26 for 122 yards, 23 of those yards came on a short pass to Rondale Moore that ended the first half of the NW game. Northwestern was in a prevent defense and Purdue threw underneath and Moore ran for 20 yards before going out of bounds with no chance of scoring. Essentially excluding that meaningless play Blough has thrown 25 passes for less than 100 yards. That is by definition Hazzel 2.0.

Most of the articles I've read since last week have been focused on not turning the ball over. You can't be a high risk, high reward program without accepting turnovers. Drew Brees threw 20 interceptions his sophomore year. Thank God Tiller didn't decide to go in a different direction.

Reactions: IndySouthsider
Non sense. Not one is saying it’s not Brohms team. We’re sayin it’s a massive freaking rebuild.

I knew last year would screw this up. Y’all thought it was fixed when it wasn’t. I have never seen a program in as bad shape as Purdue was in. Last year was a mirage.
Indy, at the end of last season, so many on here were declaring 7-9 wins for this year. This is now Brohm's team for good or bad, and so far it's been pretty bad though I think EMU came in a bit under-rated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT