ADVERTISEMENT

Hard to like Hurley

John Wooden was without a dbag for the amount of money he shelled out for his teams. So you named one guy. Good job.
Stupid lie. Everyone, including you, knows Wooden didn't do that. Branch McCracken, on the other hand...

If he was our coach you'd like him.

I do 100% agree with this by the way. And again, he might be the kindest, best human being on the planet to his family, friends and players (all that really matters). He comes off as pretty abrasive though. :)

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Everyone knows Wooden and UCLA were buying better teams than the NBA and ABA had.
Everyone in your trailer park. But no one sober believes you. McCracken admitted he bought players.

Someone is lonely and feels the need for attention on the day of the NCAA Championship.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
He's a total doosh. One of only a handful of guys ever to win 2 nattys and back to back though.

And we all know Sam Gilbert. Come on, UCLA was a joke in terms of amateur athletics.

If you can find examples of him actually doing something wrong I'm all ears. But subjective things like arrogance don't move the needle for me. Plenty of people said Painter had no class because he ran up the score against Utah State, BTW. "Classy" is the least meaningful word in fandom. Again, show me results and show me that you didn't cheat to get them and I'll think you're on the right path.
It hurts right now, but this is spot on.

Stop trying to demean UConn’s talent and brilliance- they earned this!!!

Great coach, douche or not. And not just a great recruiter. Great tactician, team is well drilled and plays smart.

Reactions: RossMackey
It hurts right now, but this is spot on.

Stop trying to demean UConn’s talent and brilliance- they earned this!!!
Listo to Matt Painter now- is there a peep about what a “douche” Hurley is????

Win with class, lose with class.

Society rewards the idea that to be a winner you have to be an asshole. Jordan, Kobe, the fact that they were absolute jerks was lauded as a sign of how much they wanted to win, nothing else mattered.

We are a winning matters more than anything else and F your feelings society right now. Probably have been for awhile.

Reactions: pboiler18
Reality is, Purdue was the only academics first university in the F4 this season. It is really hard for an academic university to win like Purdue has in today’s landscape and it’s only going to get more difficult with the portal/NIL crap. I would love to see teams limited to one portal player per year and if they take more, they are ineligible for the tournament. It should only be used to fill a hole and the rest of your team should be built from recruiting freshmen to be.

Reality is, Purdue was the only academics first university in the F4 this season. It is really hard for an academic university to win like Purdue has in today’s landscape and it’s only going to get more difficult with the portal/NIL crap. I would love to see teams limited to one portal player per year and if they take more, they are ineligible for the tournament. It should only be used to fill a hole and the rest of your team should be built from recruiting freshmen to be.
Why don’t we try and go after these portal transfers?

I’m not sure I agree…
I LOVE that Painter recruits and develops four- year players— this season is abject proof that it works!!

I’m bullish about Purdues future and our ability to develop Final Four caliber talent—let everyone else spin the NIL roulette wheel!

Reactions: pboiler18
As to Hurley, was there any talk after the game of him and Edey getting into it on the court? Also seemed to have some words with Loyer on the court?

I like his coaching if not his total demeanor. I believe Painter thinks the same. The team is well drilled and well put together. I am sure Hurley does not lose sleep over message board foes of his team saying he is an ass. He has two trophies.

Reactions: DrEss
I have never seen a coach stand in the court (within the playing area) while a play is going on as much as Hurley. A big whiner too! Successful or not I can't stand the guy.

Lol this thread.

The OP titled this "Hard to like Hurley". It wasn't titled "Hurley is a horrible coach and dbag".

Cannot question the two championships, but in terms of person...he is a blowhard by design. Hence the similar comments...

Reactions: BoilerJS and BBG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT