ADVERTISEMENT

Haralson update

The BTB comments mean absolutely nothing to me. I don't read that as anybody having any info whatsoever. One comment said that "apparently there is a family connection at Purdue." If you haven't heard that previously, you know absolutely nothing about JH. Just a lot of made-up thoughts and bs.

Reactions: seminolesboilers
I’ve heard rumblings that the visit my not happen but I haven’t seen anything posted that he cancelled his Purdue visit.

Not saying it isn’t true but would find it weird that it isn’t all over the Twitterverse.
Kinda weird to move up a visit on a Sunday and then cancel it that Thursday. If so, he's definitely a Spartan.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I’ve heard rumblings that the visit my not happen but I haven’t seen anything posted that he cancelled his Purdue visit.

Not saying it isn’t true but would find it weird that it isn’t all over the Twitterverse.
Not seeing much on Twitter. Where you hear the rumblings?

Interesting.... Not saying I have any reason to doubt Trilly but I will wait until I see something from Brian before I 100% believe it.
He prolly doesn’t care enough to say anything about it. Said he only wrote about Haralson in his last article cause he gets paid per character

• Haha
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
My understanding is that Woody had a in home with Haralson this week and probably offered a big bag of $$$.
Purdue should able to match them. Offer him half of Edey's and bring home that Natty next year.

Castle was not the main reason for a championship…great coaching and an outstanding cast of players….all of which are lacking at the University of Indiana.
Mmm...Great coaching (minus couple/three straight years of under performance in the NCAA), check. Last year, we had great year and outperformed btw. Redemption for Purdue & Painter. Outstanding cast of players (mostly role players minus Edey & Smith), check.

Additionally, great culture, check. Great fan base, check. Seem like what's missing are couple of elite, one and done players to me for that elusive natty.

Mmm...Great coaching (minus couple/three straight years of under performance in the NCAA), check. Last year, we had great year and outperformed btw. Redemption for Purdue & Painter. Outstanding cast of players (mostly role players minus Edey & Smith), check.

Additionally, great culture, check. Great fan base, check. Seem like what's missing are couple of elite, one and done players to me for that elusive natty.
I think Painter will start to land guys like that on rare occasion. It will take a special player however and one whom understands Painters philosophy of players earning minutes.

Most one and done guys expect the red carpet treatment and guarantees. Painter is up front about his recruitment and many times that loses to schools willing to play the most and offer all the minutes one can play, as well as the promise of being a priority in the offense.

I’m okay with both Painter’s stand on recruiting and the consequences that go along with it. He seems to pull the right kind of players, wins big with lessor heralded players and of course he develops them to get them to the league.

Outperformed? We were the second best team in the country all year. We play anyone else besides UConn and we win it all.

Reactions: seminolesboilers

From Brian Neubert On3 article about 2 hours ago:​

"So, Jalen Haralson has canceled his token visit for this weekend to Purdue. Whether the intent of that in the first place was due diligence, a show of respect to a school and coach that recruited him early on, or merely a leverage ploy to shake down someone else’s collective, we don’t know.

But it doesn’t matter. Purdue has barely recruited him, though Painter did stop at LaLumiere last week to check in. That was right after a stop in near-by South Bend, so it’s not like he went out of his way.

It’s gonna be Indiana, Michigan State or Notre Dame for Haralson.

Purdue does have Sebastian Williams-Adams coming this weekend. The overwhelming thought about him is that he’s headed to Kansas, but that’s been an interesting case. Purdue offered him to expand its board and see what happened, and the kid kind of took it from there, showing as much interest in Purdue as it showed in him, as we understand it. He really wanted to visit, so he will.

Effectively, though, the realistic possibilities for Purdue remain Tre Singleton and Trent Sisley at forward. Both still have visits to take."

From Brian Neubert On3 article about 2 hours ago:​

"So, Jalen Haralson has canceled his token visit for this weekend to Purdue. Whether the intent of that in the first place was due diligence, a show of respect to a school and coach that recruited him early on, or merely a leverage ploy to shake down someone else’s collective, we don’t know.

But it doesn’t matter. Purdue has barely recruited him, though Painter did stop at LaLumiere last week to check in. That was right after a stop in near-by South Bend, so it’s not like he went out of his way.

It’s gonna be Indiana, Michigan State or Notre Dame for Haralson.

Purdue does have Sebastian Williams-Adams coming this weekend. The overwhelming thought about him is that he’s headed to Kansas, but that’s been an interesting case. Purdue offered him to expand its board and see what happened, and the kid kind of took it from there, showing as much interest in Purdue as it showed in him, as we understand it. He really wanted to visit, so he will.

Effectively, though, the realistic possibilities for Purdue remain Tre Singleton and Trent Sisley at forward. Both still have visits to take."
Thank you for reliable info! Going to laugh at IU if he goes to MSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT