ADVERTISEMENT

Hammer & Rails Tweet

playing on the road is a different animal(ask UNC)-where we screwed up was letting nova get the win in Mackey.
IU can score-and they are damn tough in Assembly Hall, with that said they will struggle on the road this year like all teams do.

Do you think the outcome of the Louisville game is different if played at Mackey? Thoughts?

Reactions: BBG and Indy_Rider
playing on the road is a different animal(ask UNC)-where we screwed up was letting nova get the win in Mackey.
IU can score-and they are damn tough in Assembly Hall, with that said they will struggle on the road this year like all teams do.

Do you think the outcome of the Louisville game is different if played at Mackey? Thoughts?
What the way the team played in the first half? No. The score may have been a bit closer in the first half but you don't score 19 points on the road and suddenly that is different at home. The issues with this team are the same ones that have plagued Purdue for a number of years now. When they fail to move on offense and use ball movement, the offense is flat out atrocious. At this point, I put the blame on CMP as it appears there hasn't been much change in offensive philosophy beyond working more inside-out with the quality of big men the program has had lately. At some point, Painter should look in the mirror and realize that he may have to change philosophy offensively if the players can't translate what goes on in practice to the court. Whether that is a total offensive change or a change in the way he is practicing and teaching.

Reactions: heytherehoodoo

The outcome may or may not have been differnt, but I do believe the appearance of the play definitely would look different. There is a whole Big Season in front of this team. As the conference beats up on IU in locations away from Bloomington, their early season wins will help the teams that beat them in the conference.

Playing at home you have to believe things would be different. While Nova came in and won, UL isn't nova and quite frankly I think we shot ourselves in the foot with turnovers more than anything else.

Key now is to learn from it and break the curse of the crossroads!

Do we really have trolls on here from s team that lost to ipfw? Nah , I must not be awake yet

Neither our Nova game nor the L'Ville game were as close as the final score. If L'Ville had any offense itself, they would have beaten us by 30. L'Ville is probably a 5 or 6th place team in the ACC. Duke, UVa, UNC, Cuse & Pitt are all better. Nova kept us at arms length most of the game. Yes, we made a nice run at the end of the game to have a chance to tie, but we were down 5-10 points most of the game. Would we beat L'Ville at Mackey.... with this team, I'm not sure. We almost lost to Ga State.

Reactions: DG10
Neither our Nova game nor the L'Ville game were as close as the final score.
I always have to scoff at comments like this because they are so ridiculous. I am sure that UL just stopped playing as the score grew tighter and Nova stopped as well.

I have to ask do you haters read your posts before clicking apply or just assume people aren't going to see through your hysterically ridiculous comments? Using that same "logic" the GS game was not nearly as close as the final score indicated then.

Reactions: Boiler1313 and BBG
You're certainly a shining example. You make shit up and then deflect like hell when you're called out on it.
Not sure why you felt the need to jump into this thread with this. The OP is a known troll from the IU board and likes to provoke responses. You jump on TC3 while he is trying to respond to the troll.... WTF?

Neither our Nova game nor the L'Ville game were as close as the final score. If L'Ville had any offense itself, they would have beaten us by 30. L'Ville is probably a 5 or 6th place team in the ACC. Duke, UVa, UNC, Cuse & Pitt are all better. Nova kept us at arms length most of the game. Yes, we made a nice run at the end of the game to have a chance to tie, but we were down 5-10 points most of the game. Would we beat L'Ville at Mackey.... with this team, I'm not sure. We almost lost to Ga State.
I think that's a little harsh, but I will say UL's play during the last 5-6 minutes was really undisciplined and contributed to Purdue getting back in it. The number of quick shots they took was astounding. I'd need to rewatch to know the exact time and score, but I recall at one point thinking if UL just held the ball for 30 seconds each possession and didn't score that Purdue would have almost no way to catch them. I thought they played right into Purdue's hand down the stretch, which is kind of uncharacteristic of a Pitino team.

Reactions: *4purdue*

Yes. If IU and PU's game were reversed I believe the outcomes would also have been reversed. I will give Crean credit for stacking the deck so to speak at home. He finds a way to bring back former teams, alumni etc. toi fire up the crowd and team. Not aware of any other team that does this to this extent. It works maybe once or twice a year.

Not sure why you felt the need to jump into this thread with this. The OP is a known troll from the IU board and likes to provoke responses. You jump on TC3 while he is trying to respond to the troll.... WTF?

Math boy,

To add context to my responses:
TC4THREE has acted like an ass on the football board towards anyone who vocally supported DH2's firing for months. When DH2 was indeed canned, TC basically twisted his argument into a pretzel in order to try and save face. Whenever he is called out, he bristles and makes shit up I'm order to deflect criticism and furthermore fails to supply evidence to support his case. I simply take him to task and have been thoroughly in his head since DH2 was canned.

As for the inbred who started this thread, he likely works nights and weekends to support himself and his video game habits, so who cares what he thinks?

Math boy,

TC4THREE has acted like an ass on the football board towards anyone who vocally supported DH2's firing for months. When DH2 was indeed canned, TC basically twisted his argument into a pretzel in order to try and save face. Whenever he is called out, he bristles and makes shit up I'm order to deflect criticism and furthermore fails to supply evidence to support his case. I simply take him to task and have been thoroughly in his head since DH2 was canned.

As for the inbred who started this thread, he likely works nights and weekends to support himself and his video game habits, so who cares what he thinks?
I understand, but maybe it is time to let bygones be bygones. It sounds like you have addressed the issue on the FB board. Why let it bleed over onto the MBB board?

I can offer this, we all have opinions that we attempt to defend. Sometimes we are wrong, or events blossom in a manner we did not expect. We all get down the wrong path, but it takes some brass to admit it. It also is needless to point out someone else's flaws when we all have so many. We all want success for Boilermaker teams.

:cool:

Reactions: BBG
I understand, but maybe it is time to let bygones be bygones. It sounds like you have addressed the issue on the FB board. Why let it bleed over onto the MBB board?

I can offer this, we all have opinions that we attempt to defend. Sometimes we are wrong, or events blossom in a manner we did not expect. We all get down the wrong path, but it takes some brass to admit it. It also is needless to point out someone else's flaws when we all have so many. We all want success for Boilermaker teams.

:cool:
As bad as Purdue played in the first half, which was bad, they were within 4 pts of af a top 15 team, on the road with 2 minutes left in the game. Louisville hit two big shots to seal the deal. Purdue responded but UL made their free throws.
I'm not in panic mode yet.

I will differ with your opinion on the UofL game. I was there, surrounded by very knowledgeable Card fans. They couldn't believe how often their really bad shooters were draining shots they normally miss (and conversely, how some of Purdue's best shooters were going 0-fer). At the end of the game they were unanimous that Purdue is a very good team, and they definitely wouldn't want to meet us again on a neutral court (let alone Mackey) where a simple reversion to the mean would result in a clear Purdue victory (in their opinions). I know that makes it just another "moral victory" for us, but it's clearly counter to any thought that Louisville is really better than Purdue.

It's ok. He's a moron. He is mad that I correctly pointed out that there would be no tangible benefits to firing Hazell mid-season and there hasn't been so now he's trying to make things up to deflect from that. I'm ok with it. He's a troll himself. Probably an IU fan to be honest.

I think that's a little harsh, but I will say UL's play during the last 5-6 minutes was really undisciplined and contributed to Purdue getting back in it. The number of quick shots they took was astounding. I'd need to rewatch to know the exact time and score, but I recall at one point thinking if UL just held the ball for 30 seconds each possession and didn't score that Purdue would have almost no way to catch them. I thought they played right into Purdue's hand down the stretch, which is kind of uncharacteristic of a Pitino team.
I thought the same thing. I wondered if part of it was we did start to wear them down. They played good D against us, especially the bigs, but they had to work hard to do it, which is a credit to them. I think that fatigue, both mental and physical, affected their play on the offensive end. Towards the end they just didn't feel like working hard for a good shot and settled.

It's ok. He's a moron. He is mad that I correctly pointed out that there would be no tangible benefits to firing Hazell mid-season and there hasn't been so now he's trying to make things up to deflect from that. I'm ok with it. He's a troll himself. Probably an IU fan to be honest.

Still no evidence to support anything you've ever stated about your position, nor about me.

Basically you're full of shit.

I will differ with your opinion on the UofL game. I was there, surrounded by very knowledgeable Card fans. They couldn't believe how often their really bad shooters were draining shots they normally miss (and conversely, how some of Purdue's best shooters were going 0-fer). At the end of the game they were unanimous that Purdue is a very good team, and they definitely wouldn't want to meet us again on a neutral court (let alone Mackey) where a simple reversion to the mean would result in a clear Purdue victory (in their opinions). I know that makes it just another "moral victory" for us, but it's clearly counter to any thought that Louisville is really better than Purdue.
Actually I think your agreeing with my opinion. I said L'Ville is not that good. If we would show any heart & fight in a game like that (before the last 5 minutes), we would have won. I said UL is no better than a 5th place team in the ACC. If we play as lethargic as we did that night though, it's not going to matter where the game is... we will lose.

Someone needs a safe space.

I'm not leaving. Just trying to rid this board of one more idiot by making you leave. If you knew the proof didn't exist, you'd agree. You know that it does though so this is the best you can muster.

As bad as Purdue played in the first half, which was bad, they were within 4 pts of af a top 15 team, on the road with 2 minutes left in the game. Louisville hit two big shots to seal the deal. Purdue responded but UL made their free throws.
I'm not in panic mode yet.

Panic mode? who's in panic mode. That would be losing to Utah St or one of our 4 victories. Raise the bar. Upper echelon is where this team needs to be. Going to be a good season but how good? Measuring stick and we haven't passed the test yet.

Math boy,

TC is a troll. Do yourself a favor and ignore him. Ignoring trolls like him and Kessel has made this board much, much better. I like to hear people who disagree with me but can give a decent argument (mathboy, BBG come to mind) but others are just trolls never have anything valid to say, like Tommy Coverdale.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
I'm not leaving. Just trying to rid this board of one more idiot by making you leave. If you knew the proof didn't exist, you'd agree. You know that it does though so this is the best you can muster.

You very much want this board to be your safe space, hence why you're practically begging me to leave.

Too bad.

You very much want this board to be your safe space, hence why you're practically begging me to leave.

Too bad.

I'm not begging you to do anything. I just want to show that you're not willing to back up your lies which you've clearly demonstrated.

TC is a troll. Do yourself a favor and ignore him. Ignoring trolls like him and Kessel has made this board much, much better. I like to hear people who disagree with me but can give a decent argument (mathboy, BBG come to mind) but others are just trolls never have anything valid to say, like Tommy Coverdale.

Yes. Be like this guy and ignore me. This is the type of person that needs a safe space but that's fine by me. I can call him out on his BS and I don't have to listen to his piss-poor job of defending it.

I disagree with your general position on the firing, but I'm trying to be respectful and logical in my disagreement. Focusing on the bolded line... this statement is only true if your working assumption is that Hazel continuing to coach the 2nd half of the year would do no further damage to recruiting, JPC membership, program image, and all that other stuff. But if further damage could be done, then one can easily argue that firing him prevented that further downgrade. And elimination of or prevention of a future downgrade surely qualifies as a "benefit" to the program.

So.... with your statement above, you are essentially saying that a) you don't believe that Hazel was continuing to damage the program week in and week out (i.e. no risk of further damage), or b) you had confidence that this season was going to improve with him at the helm, thereby eliminating the possibility of future downgrade to the program. Care to share whether you're A or B?

I disagree with your general position on the firing, but I'm trying to be respectful and logical in my disagreement. Focusing on the bolded line... this statement is only true if your working assumption is that Hazel continuing to coach the 2nd half of the year would do no further damage to recruiting, JPC membership, program image, and all that other stuff. But if further damage could be done, then one can easily argue that firing him prevented that further downgrade. And elimination of or prevention of a future downgrade surely qualifies as a "benefit" to the program.

So.... with your statement above, you are essentially saying that a) you don't believe that Hazel was continuing to damage the program week in and week out (i.e. no risk of further damage), or b) you had confidence that this season was going to improve with him at the helm, thereby eliminating the possibility of future downgrade to the program. Care to share whether you're A or B?

A - Whatever damage he could do was done when Purdue let him start the season. It didn't get any better by firing him mid-season and wouldn't have been worse if they had fired him at 3-7 as opposed to 3-3. People wanted him fired and were going to be equally happy when he got fired at any point up through the end of the season. Some people wanted him fired after the Maryland game. Do you think those people are sitting back now lamenting the fact that he was fired 2 games later instead of that point? Did someone refuse to join JPC because he was fired after Iowa instead of Maryland? I very much doubt it. Same would have held true at any point. Whenever he got canned, it was going to be a celebration on here and people were going to start to look forward. What game it happened after was irrelevant.

Came to this thread hoping the tweet said "H&R is shutting down permanently. Sorry for being an embarrassment to the Purdue fan base."

Reactions: TC4THREE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT