ADVERTISEMENT

Ha Ha Ha - 10 Seed for IU - Man do they suck

Have fun playing Kentucky! That is, if you win your first game!
roll.r191677.gif

Geez, you guys need a life!

Originally posted by Pingsters:
roll.r191677.gif

Get ready to get your @$$ handed to you by the Tom Crean clone. Maybe the Boilers can break that KY streak to save IU's last undefeated.

I thought IU would be a 11 seed at best and Purdue a 10 seed at best. Obviously selection committee has more respect for the Big10 then these national prognosticators. I think it's great Purdue might have a shot at Kentucky. Why wouldn't any competitive athlete not relish an opportunity like that?

This post was edited on 3/15 6:11 PM by TJBoiler

roll.r191677.gif

And you need your own trailer site penis breath. When you pay the power bill that is.

That might happen but then it might not. It all depends on if they can hit a 3 point shot or not to have a chance at a W.

I'm not worried about the undefeated season. Kentucky going undefeated doesn't diminish what RMK and IU did about 40 years ago IMHO. With that said, my older son graduated from PU so I'll still be rooting (sorta painful to write though!) for PU to beat Kentucky regardless of that! I just dislike Kentucky (and Calipari) more than PU!!

Hahahaha...wow, that hurts from some anonymous poster on a rivals website.

I guess you need a life and a strong lesson in maturity!!

Penis breath...that's a new one but you had to include to ages old trailer comment. So old, so very old. I've already proven (a couple of years ago) that there are many trailer parks in Lafayette/West Lafayette so it really isn't unique to IU FYI.

Purdue fans should want a shot at Kentucky eventually, just not in the second round.

I think "getting to the S16" is a better selling point to recruits than "we got killed by Kentucky in the 2nd round"

Why did you live in one of them there? Keep living in the old Bobby Knight past on the chair throw anniversary. You must be really old. I bet you remember the player choke hold also.

I thought IU would be an 11 seed but I actually thought PU might be as high as an 9, or even an 8 potentially, but those pre-conference game losses bit you in the butt I would guess. Kentucky will be tough to say the least but good luck!!

Funny, I could get quite a few trailers (not as many if you are referencing double wides though) in my home but hey, at least you didn't call me any names! And yes, I was young but I was alive when RMK threw the chair.

I'm not living in the past though. Wins aren't everything to me and I started disliking RMK and his, what you might call, "do as I say, not as I do" attitude along with his childish antics but you are welcome to think whatever you want about me.

Regardless of some PU fans, uh maybe like you, I'll still be hoping PU beats Kentucky. I'm not sure how much of a chance you have but good luck. I'd love to see the semi-amateur team lose to anyone quite frankly.

Funny, I could get quite a few trailers (not as many if you are referencing double wides though) in my home but hey, at least you didn't call me any names! And yes, I was young but I was alive when RMK threw the chair.

I'm not living in the past though. Wins aren't everything to me and I started disliking RMK and his, what you might call, "do as I say, not as I do" attitude along with his childish antics but you are welcome to think whatever you want about me.

Regardless of some PU fans, uh maybe like you, I'll still be hoping PU beats Kentucky. I'm not sure how much of a chance you have but good luck. I'd love to see the semi-amateur team lose to anyone quite frankly.
Fair enough and I respect that but you came here with your first post that was a backhanded slam with the cute little smiley face comment. So just maybe too fast of a reaction by me. Good luck to all the Big Ten teams.

I'd rather have their 10, than our 9.*

The difference between playing Kentucky or Kansas to get to the Sweet 16 is HUGE.

I've posted here quite a few times here when my son was attending PU for his graduate degree but you couldn't have a healthy discussion because regardless of what you wrote, you were attacked because you were an IU fan. I'm not sure if it has changed since that time but...

My original intent was to offer my condolences to PU for the crappy draw they got (and wish them luck because as I stated, I really, really dislike Kentucky) but I saw that post and responded too quickly also. As you said, good luck to all B10 teams!

I've posted here quite a few times here when my son was attending PU for his graduate degree but you couldn't have a healthy discussion because regardless of what you wrote, you were attacked because you were an IU fan. I'm not sure if it has changed since that time but...

My original intent was to offer my condolences to PU for the crappy draw they got (and wish them luck because as I stated, I really, really dislike Kentucky) but I saw that post and responded too quickly also. As you said, good luck to all B10 teams!
I hear that. Agreed, I don't normally do smileys but...
wink.r191677.gif

The committee seeded Purdue 36 overall and IU 37 overall. If IU sucks, it sure looks like Purdue sucks.

Originally posted by goody1986:
The committee seeded Purdue 36 overall and IU 37 overall. If IU sucks, it sure looks like Purdue sucks.
Didn't you read the "suck" cut-off is 36.8? I thought everyone knew that:)

This post was edited on 3/15 7:24 PM by GemstateBoiler

Everyone seems to be overlooking a higher seeded Cincinnati in our 1st round game as if it's a gimme. We have some business to take care of before we even think of playing UK.

IU has the capability to shoot out their @$$ on occasion. Remember the game before Purdue went to Bloomington they hit 18 3's, then vs Purdue the law of averages kicked in. Similarly in the BIG tournament they shot well for one game then the next back to normal. So they may shoot out their @$$ vs Wichita St. and IF they do I would say a blowout for Kansas. The other thing I remember back in the day when iu was trailing LSU at half in a big dance game; Bob Knight said "but I looked down the floor to the other team's bench, saw coach Dale Brown, and I knew we had a chance". Same goes for anyone going against CTC.

I saw in the overall seedings that Purdue was #36 and IU was #37. That means Purdue was the last #9 and IU was the first #10. IU was ranked ahead of OSU. They must have liked IU playing Butler, Georgetown, UL, SMU in the pre-conference. The only non-NCAA team loss was to Northwestern. The Eastern Washington loss was never shown as a bad loss and looked better when they made the NCAA tournament.

The formula is to schedule good programs and beat half of them. The conference games can make up for those teams in the 200 RPI range that fill out the schedule.

The funny thing about IU's banner worshippers is that eventually the argument does not hold up. If IU doesn't add any banners in the next 20 years, then are they still going to be pointing to RMK's crusty banners as the reason they're good? What if they don't add another banner in the next 50 years? The banners still matter then? The relevance of the banners is fading, like it or not.

In fact, I think it's been long enough already that the banners don't mean shit. It's just a bunch of weak-hearted fans clinging to the past amid a mildly disappointing present. Cling away, losers. You want respect, win some more games.

Wichita St is not that good and someone gave IU an easy one matching them up. They barley won several of their games against weak teams and i watched the Illinois St game when they played here and they got a real lot of help from the officials winning that game.
The goobers it IU will be all over the place when they win that one then Crean will blow it again big time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT