ADVERTISEMENT

Griner to Slow Joe: “please don’t forget about me”

Nice try. What you fail to realize is it's "Russian Law", not American law. No animosity at all other than she's crying to get out of her crime. You really can't fix stupid as you should understand as a Biden supporter.
So she should rot in hell because she's wants to get out of being held in Russia for less than a gram of hash oil? A Christian man says a woman should rot in hell. You'd think she murdered somebody, or at least attempted to.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
What inequities Bob? She's allowed to do what ever she chooses in this country yet she chose to go bad mouth it in a foreign land, hostile as hell toward us.
Inequities in OUR country.

She badmouthed this country while she was in this country. You're ok with the stances she's taking?

Have you figured out why Putin is holding an American at this place in time? Any particular major event going on that might cause him to take this act?

• Haha
Inequities in OUR country.

She badmouthed this country while she was in this country. You're ok with the stances she's taking?

Have you figured out why Putin is holding an American at this place in time? Any particular major event going on that might cause him to take this act?
So now you're taking a page out of team Biden. It's Putin's fault.

So now you're taking a page out of team Biden. It's Putin's fault.
Putin's fault that Griner is being held in Russia?

It's not his fault, she made the mistake. But yeah, lol, he pretty much makes the decisions in Russia.......and it might have something to do with our support of Ukraine. Duh

• Haha
Putin's fault that Griner is being held in Russia?

It's not his fault, she made the mistake. But yeah, lol, he pretty much makes the decisions in Russia.......and it might have something to do with our support of Ukraine. Duh
I would highly doubt Putin knows who Griner is or that she's in a Russian jail. And even if he does, he's got 1,000 other things that are more concerning to him right now.

I'll bet Trump could get her out.

Reactions: Chris P Bacon
Without looking it up, I doubt 99% of Americans could tell you what WNBA team she plays for. I would bet 90% of Americans didn't know who she was prior to her arrest. WNBA ratings are horrible and the league loses $10M/year (as of 2018). If Biden had worked some back channels early on before the story grew and Russia knew what they had, he probably could've obtained her release with little in return. Now that the story is growing, Russia will probably ask a king's ransom for her release to embarrass Biden.

You know Biden isn't involved and doing nothing how? - I assumed he isn't doing anything because Griner is writing letters asking him to do something.

If he publicly goes to bat for her in a big way he gets accused of promoting disrespect for the Anthem and alternate lifestyles and drug use. - His voting base already supports that type of behavior and he has made it infinitely clear that he doesn't care if somebody thinks differently, so where is the loss? Being seen to do nothing just suggests that he doesn't care about his own voting base, or that he is just weak.
Negotiations for detained foreign nationals are always done in secret, never in public. There's no way Griner would even know what was going on with her release unless Russia is allowing a state dept official meet with her. If someone is meeting with her they're telling her the US is doing everything possible to secure her release. She's writing letters cause she is still being held and wants to leave, not because she knows nothing is being done.

You cut my last quote in half to make an argument I wasn't even talking about. Biden will be criticized matter what he does or doesn't do.

• Haha
It may be ironic but should she give up the protections and support of our government because she protests against what she sees as inequities in our country?

I think you're missing the hypocrisy. She's protested on inequities, asking for EVERYONE to be treated the same. Now that she's in trouble, she's asking to be treated differently because of her celebrity status.

I don't want to see her rot in jail. That's not fair to anyone. But what I'm tired of hearing is rants on equity from members of the 1% who continue to use their status for special treatment...

I think you're missing the hypocrisy. She's protested on inequities, asking for EVERYONE to be treated the same. Now that she's in trouble, she's asking to be treated differently because of her celebrity status.

I don't want to see her rot in jail. That's not fair to anyone. But what I'm tired of hearing is rants on equity from members of the 1% who continue to use their status for special treatment...
You should provide a link where SHE SAYS she should be treated differently because of her celebrity status. I haven't seen it but am happy to say I'm wrong.

She absolutely is using her celebrity status to get more publicity, hoping the media coverage will help her get released. But that's completely different than her saying she should be released BECAUSE she's a famous person.

• Haha
Negotiations for detained foreign nationals are always done in secret, never in public. There's no way Griner would even know what was going on with her release unless Russia is allowing a state dept official meet with her. If someone is meeting with her they're telling her the US is doing everything possible to secure her release. She's writing letters cause she is still being held and wants to leave, not because she knows nothing is being done.

You cut my last quote in half to make an argument I wasn't even talking about. Biden will be criticized matter what he does or doesn't do.
Except now he has gone public just I like suggested, just way later than expected.

You should provide a link where SHE SAYS she should be treated differently because of her celebrity status. I haven't seen it but am happy to say I'm wrong.

She absolutely is using her celebrity status to get more publicity, hoping the media coverage will help her get released. But that's completely different than her saying she should be released BECAUSE she's a famous person.
Uhm, no, those two are EXACTLY the same thing. She is using the media and Biden. I wouldn't be able to do either, because I have no celebrity status. And I have no problem with utilizing her status. But then she shouldn't be hypocritical about her position on equality. Because things aren't equal between her and the remainder of the 99% when it comes to utilizing her celebrity status.

Uhm, no, those two are EXACTLY the same thing. She is using the media and Biden. I wouldn't be able to do either, because I have no celebrity status. And I have no problem with utilizing her status. But then she shouldn't be hypocritical about her position on equality. Because things aren't equal between her and the remainder of the 99% when it comes to utilizing her celebrity status.
And this article supports exactly what you are saying:

So first of all, you're confident the Russians are telling the truth.

If it is true, it was less than a gram.

I do believe in obeying the law thank you very much. If she did break the law, she does deserve to face the consequences. But the law allows for dismissing minor infractions

My question was mostly about the "rot for a few years" comment. There seems to be some animosity in that statement. Is there something else about her that would make you feel that way?
So says a libbie whose party encourages violence against conservatives. The push back is just beginning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT