ADVERTISEMENT

Griner to Slow Joe: “please don’t forget about me”

Is this the anti-American drug smuggler who refused to stand for the national anthem?

Tough cookies honey. Life is tough...it's even tougher when you're stupid.

(although as a black lesbian liberal, you do hold a special spot in President Potato's heart).

Last edited:
Reactions: AgainstDaWind
Reactions: bonefish1
Maybe she should have spent more time being a patriot. Biting the hand that feeds you is rarely a good policy.
She can stay there for awhile. She had no respect before so now she wants special help to return.

She was in a foreign county named Russia, who is in a constant war with the US carrying Hashish Oil. If she's that stupid, she deserves it. See....unlike you, I believe in obeying laws and if you do the crime, you do the time. You libs don't understand.
So first of all, you're confident the Russians are telling the truth.

If it is true, it was less than a gram.

I do believe in obeying the law thank you very much. If she did break the law, she does deserve to face the consequences. But the law allows for dismissing minor infractions

My question was mostly about the "rot for a few years" comment. There seems to be some animosity in that statement. Is there something else about her that would make you feel that way?

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57

I do believe in obeying the law thank you very much. If she did break the law, she does deserve to face the consequences. But the law allows for dismissing minor infractions

My question was mostly about the "rot for a few years" comment. There seems to be some animosity in that statement. Is there something else about her that would make you feel that way?
This is Russia, not the US. How do you know what the law does and doesn't allow there as far as dismissing minor infractions. Maybe criminals in Russia aren't celebrated and given martydom like they are in the US.

Maybe a few years of hard time in a Russian prision will make her appreciate the US and she'll stand for the flag next time.

Last edited:

First you want to lecture on the law and minor infractions. I'll give you the benefit of living in this country where leniency has become the norm. The law in this case is Russia's law and you have no idea what the limitations are. Just because pro athletes are allowed impunity in this country as an American pro athlete in Russia she may well be made an example. That's the risk you take when you do stupid things in other countries. I dont want her to rot in jail but find it ironic that the very country she has protested against is now being begged to save her.

First you want to lecture on the law and minor infractions. I'll give you the benefit of living in this country where leniency has become the norm. The law in this case is Russia's law and you have no idea what the limitations are. Just because pro athletes are allowed impunity in this country as an American pro athlete in Russia she may well be made an example. That's the risk you take when you do stupid things in other countries. I dont want her to rot in jail but find it ironic that the very country she has protested against is now being begged to save her.
It may be ironic but should she give up the protections and support of our government because she protests against what she sees as inequities in our country?

• Haha
It may be ironic but should she give up the protections and support of our government because she protests against what she sees as inequities in our country?
Americans who break the laws of foreign countries aren't guaranteed any protections or support from Americans. The American government may choose to attempt to intervene but they are not required to and there is no guarantee they will be successful.

This is Russia, not the US. How do you know what the law does and doesn't allow there as far as dismissing minor infractions. Maybe criminals in Russia are celebrated and given martydom like they are in the US.

Maybe a few years of hard time in a Russian prision will make her appreciate the US and she'll stand for the flag next time.
Your draconian views on punishment are well established. No need to demonstrate them again.

• Haha
Does every US citizen sitting in a foreign jail get special consideration from the US Govt like Griner is asking for?

As I said before, she's the poster child for Biden's focus on identity politics, but something tells me Russia could care less.

Your draconian views on punishment are well established. No need to demonstrate them again.
Not surprised at this coming from a lefty lib who doesn't believe in personal responsibility and consequences for one's actions.
Let me guess....she was oppressed?

Does every US citizen sitting in a foreign jail get special consideration from the US Govt like Griner is asking for?

As I said before, she's the poster child for Biden's focus on identity politics, but something tells me Russia could care less.
That's why this really surprises me. Trump went to China to get those UCLA ball players that were accused of stealing and barely got a thank you. This seems like it should be right up Biden's alley. I'm really shocked that he isn't at least making a very public spectacle of trying to get Griner out. Even Biden's biggest fan has to be wondering.

That's why this really surprises me. Trump went to China to get those UCLA ball players that were accused of stealing and barely got a thank you. This seems like it should be right up Biden's alley. I'm really shocked that he isn't at least making a very public spectacle of trying to get Griner out. Even Biden's biggest fan has to be wondering.
He doesn't want to anger his daddy Putin.

He doesn't want to anger his daddy Putin.
I can't imagine Putin gives a crap. Maybe he could use this to get a possible concession in the US support of Ukraine. Maybe that's why Biden won't get involved. Still, he could act like he is trying, but Putin is blocking it. Doing nothing makes it seem like he won't support his own voting base. It's just strange.

Putin is way smarter than Biden. Biden would try to put together some sophisticed prisoner exchange that would turn into another in a long line of political debacles for Slow Joe.

Reactions: Chris P Bacon

Did I say anything about special consideration?

You don't care what happens to her because she won't stand for the anthem.

• Haha
I can't imagine Putin gives a crap. Maybe he could use this to get a possible concession in the US support of Ukraine. Maybe that's why Biden won't get involved. Still, he could act like he is trying, but Putin is blocking it. Doing nothing makes it seem like he won't support his own voting base. It's just strange.
You know Biden isn't involved and doing nothing how?

If he publicly goes to bat for her in a big way he gets accused of promoting disrespect for the Anthem and alternate lifestyles and drug use. If he works behind the scenes he's accused of doing nothing........by the same people who don't give a damn about her because of the same things.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Did I say anything about special consideration?

You don't care what happens to her because she won't stand for the anthem.
Having a letter delivered directly to the POTUS isn't asking for some special consideration? Do you think there are other Americans in that Russian jail? Should they get to plead to Biden for help?

Let's put it this way: if Colin Kapernick were arrested in Russia on drug charges and put in jail, I wouldn't lose much sleep over that either.
(and before you bring race into it, I'd feel the same way about Joy Behar, Rosie O'donnell and Michael Moore if they were in siimilar situations).

Last edited:

If he publicly goes to bat for her in a big way he gets accused of promoting disrespect for the Anthem and alternate lifestyles and drug use. If he works behind the scenes he's accused of doing nothing........but the same people who don't give a damn about her because of the same things.
I think it's more of, if he negotiates something with the Russians, then he's now colluding with Russia and the enemy.
He probably thinks this is a matter he best stays out of until things cool off with Ukraine.

Having a letter deivered directly to the POTUS isn't asking for some special consideration? Do you think there are other Americans in that Russian jail? Should they get to plead to Biden for help?

Let's put it this way: if Colin Kapernick were arrested in Russia on drug charges and put in jail, I wouldn't lose much sleep over that either.
(and before you bring race into it, I'd feel the same way about Joy Behar, Rosie O'donnell and Michael Moore if they were in siimilar situations).
Did I say anything about special consideration? YOU brought it up.....and acting like it's my point to argue with me.

I know your consideration for others is based on your politics. Like your views on punishment, it's not necessary to repeat what is well known.

And there's the pivot to race. Again, not a surprise.

• Haha
Independent Bobby. This is so rich. You recently posted about 1/6 people arrested for ignoring a subpoena as “believing they are above the law.”? So which is it?

And as far as punishment where was your concern when the FBI sent 100 agents and chopper in a 4 am raid (that CNN just happened to be there for) to arrest 70 year old Roger Stone for a crime that 99.9% of the time is done with an notice to appear via an attorney. But I will bet a million dollars though you loved seeing a Trump ally frog walked in front of the cameras in his PJs.

The Trump administration was excellent at retrieving Americans abroad. Something people like I.B. cannot acknowledge because his left wing…I mean independent pod casts don’t inform him of. But let’s be fair and understand that this was the work of Pompeo who was was a genius. There was a reason we were so quiet on the international front during the last group. Just think about the all the Mid East agreements we had and most idiots have zero knowledge. Unfortunately those are very tenuous because we have changed our position with Iran (again) and those Arab States need to protect their interests over Israel. Strong America isolating Iran = good relationships between the majority of the region States.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2

If he publicly goes to bat for her in a big way he gets accused of promoting disrespect for the Anthem and alternate lifestyles and drug use. If he works behind the scenes he's accused of doing nothing........but the same people who don't give a damn about her because of the same things.
You know Biden isn't involved and doing nothing how? - I assumed he isn't doing anything because Griner is writing letters asking him to do something.

If he publicly goes to bat for her in a big way he gets accused of promoting disrespect for the Anthem and alternate lifestyles and drug use. - His voting base already supports that type of behavior and he has made it infinitely clear that he doesn't care if somebody thinks differently, so where is the loss? Being seen to do nothing just suggests that he doesn't care about his own voting base, or that he is just weak.

Did I say anything about special consideration? YOU brought it up.....and acting like it's my point to argue with me.

I know your consideration for others is based on your politics. Like your views on punishment, it's not necessary to repeat what is well known.

And there's the pivot to race. Again, not a surprise.

I had to beat BNI to the punch....

Reactions: Chris P Bacon
You know Biden isn't involved and doing nothing how? - I assumed he isn't doing anything because Griner is writing letters asking him to do something.

If he publicly goes to bat for her in a big way he gets accused of promoting disrespect for the Anthem and alternate lifestyles and drug use. - His voting base already supports that type of behavior and he has made it infinitely clear that he doesn't care if somebody thinks differently, so where is the loss? Being seen to do nothing just suggests that he doesn't care about his own voting base, or that he is just weak.
She probably doesn't pass the "sniff" test.

• Haha
Reactions: Robinahood

Nice try. What you fail to realize is it's "Russian Law", not American law. No animosity at all other than she's crying to get out of her crime. You really can't fix stupid as you should understand as a Biden supporter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT