ADVERTISEMENT

great game!

That was an overall effort last night. Very enjoyable game to watch.
Great to see this team getting better. I feel like Painter took the foot off the gas at least the last 8 minutes which allowed Iowa to get within 16 and possibly less. I like the fact all seem to be improving and playing with more confidence. Will need it on Tuesday.

Purdues bench has got to be tbe best/deepest in the league

HAARMS
Wheeler
Sasha
Hunter
Tre Williams

That would be a decent starting lineup if were being honest.

Reactions: Schnelk
That was an overall effort last night. Very enjoyable game to watch.
One of the few times in the recent past where the team has put two solid halves together (excluding the 5 or so minutes of the game where the lineup couldn't stop Iowa from scoring). Wheeler's play was outstanding, especially the step back jumper and the block at the rim on whatshisname after whn had gotten past him for a dunk. His 3 pointer from the left side was a thing of beauty - I told my wife I could see it was going in when it left his hand! I thought Williams played well in the few minutes he played. I can't recall Purdue having a big man as nimble and strong around the basket. I think the Boilers will need strong games from these two against the Terps to counter Smith and Fernando (assuming that Maryland decides to go inside this time.) Good to seen Haarms play so well including 6 of 6 from the line. Good to see Eastern being more aggressive to the basket - too bad he missed the slam opportunity. And of course, Carsen was Carsen - on that length of the floor drive at the end of the first half I thought maybe Rondale Moore had suited up!

Great game all around!

Last edited:
Purdues bench has got to be tbe best/deepest in the league

HAARMS
Wheeler
Sasha
Hunter
Tre Williams

That would be a decent starting lineup if were being honest.
For the love of God don’t say any more of our subs should be starting...we don’t need 14 other threads.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT