ADVERTISEMENT

Grading the Boilers

ghostoffatjack

Sophomore
Jun 15, 2013
O Line/TE - horrendous all man blocking, no traps or zone angle schemes. If you are going to run between the tackles take your #3 tackle and make him your TE and/or your #3 guard and make him your H back -F-
RB - Jones is your man if you are going to run between the tackles put Knox in the slot if he can catch - C- for Jones D for how we use Knox
QB - game plan to run AA is a mistake, he is a pocket passer and not a read or speed option QB -F
WR - after the first Qtr could not separate or make a catch when the ball was catchable - F
OC - terrible scheme and the same halftime adjustment failure -F-
D line played well just nothing behind them - B-
LB's - disappeared, missed tackles and assignments -F-
DB's/ Safeties - poor day all around just can't cover -F-
DC - back 7 scheme lacking -D-

Head Coach - you made your bed with Schoop by retaining him last Winter, it will take one hellofa turn around to save your job -F-

It is pretty bad on offense when our punters have been our strength on offense for the last 3 to 4 years.

AD-F Department supports the bare minimum number of sports to classify as D1. Bottom of conference in most. Barely make top 50 in but a few sports. Should be ashamed.

i would have graded aa lower but f- is as low as the scale goes. i keep hoping someone steps up at qb. i dont care who it is, just someone who can make plays.

Clark and Brown have looked good. Have no idea why Frankie is struggling. Our LBs really struggle in coverage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT