ADVERTISEMENT

Grad OL Transfer Visiting

I had several issues.

the first was Purdue 85 said the last two years without saying the exact years. I asked him several times and his reply each time avoided the question like a politician. How hard would it have been to include the recruiting class in question? if he had done so, I would not have asked him to clarify his post.

the second is he compared Purdue's line to the one at FSU by using numbers instead of comparing the level of talent. just because one team has 12 and the other team has 13 doesn't mean the quality is the same. he neglected to mention that FSU's numbers included two 4 star recruits in addition to all of their 3 star recruits. He also neglected to state several of our 3 star recruits were very low 3 star recruits. to me, if you want to address an issue, you need to include data and specifics.

the third, I basically said if this player has attracted the attention of a national powerhouse such as FSU, then he must be good. I often get very annoyed whe n Purdue recruits the same players that MAC teams recruit. We should be setting our recruiting bar higher. I was very concerned when we first hired brohm that his class ranking at WKU at the time he was hired was higher than Purdue's. That's how bad our recruiting had become.

I like FSU's recruiting. and no, when it comes to recruiting offensive linemen, Purdue doesn't come close. An interesting stat study would be to break out the recruiting classes of the BIG 10 and find the average of offensive linemen ratings over the last 10 years and see how purdue stacks up. It would be a tedious , time consuming exercise, but it could be done. I believe our recruiting ratings have been over inflated by our QBs and WRs signings and are not a true gauge of how good/bad our class and team actually is.

We constantly talk about how great schools redshirt their o-lineman and that's the road to follow. my thoughts are if those players who redshirt at the great schools came to purdue, their talent would be so much higher than the current talent, that once they learned the system, they'd be immediate contributors. just because a player redshirts at OSU doesn't mean he would redshirt at every school.

B.S.

I never compared Purdue's line to anyone else's. Simpy compared recruiting classes, numbers, ratings, etc.

The astonishing thing is, you're the only one struggling with this. It's almost like you don't want to understand... or you're intent on missing the point... or it completely destroys your narrative.

Reactions: mille736
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT