ADVERTISEMENT

Grab you ankles,

I'd like a consumption tax too instead of income tax. If that makes less IRS, that's great. However, under the current system, the IRS is understaffed and faces a massive backlog, so I really don't understand why there's so much b!tching about hiring 10k staffers to address the issue.
The plan is for 87000. Seems like a little overkill to handle "backlog". BTW, as a citizen of IL I can tell you that "backlogs" are often bureaucratic reasons to get funding increases.

Government does NOTHING well except .....
Grow.
Get more costly.
Hinder business progress.
Harass hard working Americans.

The IRS expansion hit the bullseye with all 4 above. Thus, no doubt, life will sure be better real soon. 😎

Just curious but why exactly do you prefer a consumption tax over a flat tax and the current system?
1. Everyone pays something so everyone has skin in the game
2. You take home 100% of your income
3. You can choose to pay less in taxes if you want by buying less
4. Rich will still pay more because they consume more
5. Even people who are not citizens will pay some tax (Other countries do this too)
6. No need for massive IRS (less bureaucracy)
7. No more politicizing of the tax system against people and would allow us to focus more on real issues

These are just a few reasons. Almost all economists agree this is the best form of taxation. A flat tax would be light years better than what we have today, but a consumption tax would be much better than a flat tax.

Sounds like the middle class is about to get hammered.

"78% to 90% of the money raised from under-reported income would likely come from those making less than $200,000 per year. Only 4% to 9% would come from those making more than $500,000."
So you want a consumption tax because “everyone pays something“ but you’re ok with people cheating on their taxes and paying less than they owe as long as they make under $200k?

So you want a consumption tax because “everyone pays something“ but you’re ok with people cheating on their taxes and paying less than they owe as long as they make under $200k?
If I could eye roll any harder I would. I don't know where you get the idea that I'm "ok" with people cheating. If anyone should be audited, it's those in Congress because they are the biggest cheaters.

If we had a consumption tax, nobody would be cheating because it would be out of the individuals hands. We'd save Billions a year in paperwork alone.

The whole point of my post on the IRS is that the bill is being sold as if it's going after the rich. It's not. It's specifically designed to go after the middle class, and it WILL cause more inflation.

The whole point of my post on the IRS is that the bill is being sold as if it's going after the rich. It's not. It's specifically designed to go after the middle class
Oh, so you don't care that it might hold accountable middle class people who may be cheating, you just don't like the messaging around the bill. Gotcha.

Oh, so you don't care that it might hold accountable middle class people who may be cheating, you just don't like the messaging around the bill. Gotcha.
What? I never said anything about caring or not caring that people are cheating. What I care about is the lies about this bill.

Again, go to a consumption tax and this is all moot.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
He’s not saying anything intelligent and doing what most democrats do when they’re proven to be made look stupid, which is disappear.
Hahaha, poking all kinda holes in 03’s youtube extravaganza touting ivermectin as a COVID treatment makes him block you, oh well, I’ll still sleep fine tonight. And to think I gave him props for admitting he was wrong in a prior thread covering another topic, sigh.

What? I never said anything about caring or not caring that people are cheating. What I care about is the lies about this bill.
That's what I said, that you're not worried about what the bill does (wrt the IRS and granting that you'd rather not need the IRS at all), and that's fine. Props, then, for not scare-mongering about the IRS coming after everyday, hardworking people, which seemed to be the genesis for the thread.

Hahaha, poking all kinda holes in 03’s youtube extravaganza touting ivermectin as a COVID treatment makes him block you, oh well, I’ll still sleep fine tonight. And to think I gave him props for admitting he was wrong in a prior thread covering another topic, sigh.
Hahaha, avoiding the question I asked you on whether you thought Hunter’s laptop was fake after you mentioned something about it. Oh well, I’ll still sleep fine tonight. And to think I gave you a chance as a Democrat to separate yourself from every other unintelligent one on the board, sigh.

• Haha
Reactions: PUBV
Hahaha, avoiding the question I asked you on whether you thought Hunter’s laptop was fake after you mentioned something about it. Oh well, I’ll still sleep fine tonight. And to think I gave you a chance as a Democrat to separate yourself from every other unintelligent one on the board, sigh.
I love, love, love not answering your questions cuz it makes you madder than when people ignore your INCEL blog

• Haha
Reactions: tearsforfears
I love, love, love not answering your questions cuz it makes you madder than when people ignore your INCEL blog
And I love, love, love you not answering my questions because you’re embarrassed by getting schooled by a young pup. “Old white Democrat makes things up and gets tongue tied before disappearing” is the headline.

When will you stop believing everything the democrats tell you? We all figure an old man like you would have some pride and think for yourself….

And I love, love, love you not answering my questions because you’re embarrassed by getting schooled by a young pup. “Old white Democrat makes things up and gets tongue tied before disappearing” is the headline.

When will you stop believing everything the democrats tell you? We all figure an old man like you would have some pride and think for yourself….
Finally, a little truth outta you. I am old, about to hit the big six 0. And I believe you are a young pup, maybe 13 or 14. And I will sign off to interact with other humans, what you call disappearing. And I do believe you will rule the internet, video game, and do your INCEL gig. Keep on truckin kid, you’ll figure it out

87,000 agents for what? 200,000,000 returns maybe (I didn't google how many). That works out to 2300 potential checks per agent without counting the existing number of agents. Even they only get to 400 returns/year (that is 5 hours per return) that is a lot.

Finally, a little truth outta you. I am old, about to hit the big six 0. And I believe you are a young pup, maybe 13 or 14. And I will sign off to interact with other humans, what you call disappearing. And I do believe you will rule the internet, video game, and do your INCEL gig. Keep on truckin kid, you’ll figure it out
Too old to be blinded by Democrat propaganda but not too old to make fun of religious people while telling the board you’re reading posts to your mens church group. You’re so mixed up and maybe more mixed up than Biden 😂. Can’t even remember what you do and don’t post…

You hate everything the democrats tell you to hate. What a life. You’ll figure it out, perhaps even in your sixties. You may even figure out that Hunter’s laptop is real instead of posting stuff on the internet about it not being real just because Democrat propaganda tells you think it’s not real. Keep on truckin’ old man, you’ll figure it out.

In all seriousness, arming the IRS seems pretty strange. The direction the government is going is not working for the people. It appears they are way more against the common man than for helping him.
I know, right? Next thing you know, they are going to try to fund the police.

I don't get your complaint. Are you saying that we should NOT add staff to an understaffed department that is costing $600B because of not having enough workers?

"The IRS is woefully understaffed and will miss about $600 billion in uncollected taxes this year as it grapples with technology built before humans landed on the moon."

So the government needs to collect $600B from people who work (or at least earn an income) so it can give it away to a bunch of people who don’t wanna pay for college. And we need to hire 87k IRS agents to make it happen.

How about just making college kids pay their debt?

Last edited:
I'd like a consumption tax too instead of income tax. If that makes less IRS, that's great. However, under the current system, the IRS is understaffed and faces a massive backlog, so I really don't understand why there's so much b!tching about hiring 10k staffers to address the issue.
Just so Biden can give more $$$$ to students, who, in turn, write stupid checks to professors and college administrators stealing money…🤔

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT