ADVERTISEMENT

Go Warriors

Especially when today's stars move from team to team in search of star alliances to acquire those rings, because today that is the easier route to take. MJ and Pip won 6 and no other Bull during their run won more than 3. And there were plenty of star power back then as well, there was just less social media outlets in place to publicize those stars.

Especially when today's stars move from team to team in search of star alliances to acquire those rings, because today that is the easier route to take. MJ and Pip won 6 and no other Bull during their run won more than 3. And there were plenty of star power back then as well, there was just less social media outlets in place to publicize those stars.
I guarantee you Steph and Klay stay together for a long time to come.

I guarantee you Steph and Klay stay together for a long time to come.

Yes, it could be interesting because the Warriors will be together for a while. Who knows what will happen. They can be the next dynasty team.

Did anyone watch the Warriors game last night. Wow, Curry tore it up in overtime. Its amazing how he came back from an injury to do what he did last night. The rest of the NBA is in trouble.

Did anyone watch the Warriors game last night. Wow, Curry tore it up in overtime. Its amazing how he came back from an injury to do what he did last night. The rest of the NBA is in trouble.

NBA playoff record 17 points in OT, and his best may have been a second chance bucket from an offensive rebound.....he started 0-9 from three but found his rhythm and tossed in a couple of "daggers" in OT.

All that aside, if they get past the Thunder, I would still give the Spurs a very good chance to dethrone the Warriors. More so than the Thunder or the Cavaliers.

Reactions: Summy1

Update: Curry selected as first unanimous MVP. Leonard second, Lebron James, third.....followed by Westbrook, Durant, and Paul.

Curry was very good at the end of the game. Took him a little bit to shake the light layer of rust off. Very fun to watch

Lol Cavs are rolling right now. If they stay healthy, they will give the Warriors a good series and likely win imho. The Warriors are better this year... but the difference between a deflated/injured Cavs team last year without 2/3 of their best players, and a healthy Cavs team with a better coach and some filled in formerly missing pieces will be too much for the Warriors. Especially with the way Love is stepping up, and how the team chemistry is clicking.

Lol Cavs are rolling right now. If they stay healthy, they will give the Warriors a good series and likely win imho. The Warriors are better this year... but the difference between a deflated/injured Cavs team last year without 2/3 of their best players, and a healthy Cavs team with a better coach and some filled in formerly missing pieces will be too much for the Warriors. Especially with the way Love is stepping up, and how the team chemistry is clicking.

Could be.....I think the WCF and then the Finals will be very good match-ups if the Cavaliers end up prevailing as most think they will.....no matter who comes out of the West.

JMO, I think GS and SA are just a little better and tougher mentally......and in a close series, that's usually the difference.

If the Cavaliers somehow pull it off, you will see a crazy celebration.....no doubt about that.

The only reason the Cavs haven't lost a game in this years playoffs is because they play in the weak East. I like to see them in the West and see if they are able to come out.

The only reason the Cavs haven't lost a game in this years playoffs is because they play in the weak East. I like to see them in the West and see if they are able to come out.

Sure, but it's not like you can fault them. They are beating who is in front of them and looking really good in the process. Your comment is moot if they win the championship (I realize that's a big IF).

Apologies in advance for resuscitating an "old" and OT thread......isn't looking good for the Warriors right now. But, I wouldn't count them out just yet.....here's where you find out how much fight they have left.

Give some credit to Donovan, who I think is out-coaching Kerr right now. I also didn't think OKC could keep it up and have the mental fortitude collectively to take it to Golden State......so far.....they have.....plus, Ibaka and Adams have been key contributors.

There is a possibility (although less likely to happen) of a Thunder/Raptors Finals.....that would drop the ratings a bit. Thunder/Cavs would be a toss-up to me......Although I don't follow the NBA nearly as closely as I used to.....these have been interesting series so far......and dramatic in some ways.......despite some less-than-stellar (and frustrating to watch) moments in crunch time. GS/Portland was the best series to watch to me.

I'm pretty happy to see OKC winning. I like Durant and am already tired of hearing about how great GS is. Assuming they lose, their 73 win season will not go down as the best ever, kind of like the Patriots going 16-0 and falling to the Giants in the Super Bowl. The NBA has a lot of stars and good teams but still no one on MJ's level in the 90's. 6 rings in 8 years that could have been 8 in 8 had he not briefly retired.

I'm just glad to see Toronto actually win some games against Cleveland. I was getting tired of hearing about how good Cavs are and how they might not lose a postseason game.
And yes, be interesting to see what happens in the Warriors/ Thunder series. Don't count Golden State out yet.

Nobody really care what you think about it.

Millions watch it. The NBA doesn't care if you do, nor do they need a red cent from you. So move along.

More importantly, I don't care what you think about my opinion.

Millions more don't watch it than do. Obviously the NBA doesn't need any of my money because if they did they would've folded a long time ago.

You can continue to watch this crap basketball and talk about it here and I will continue to express my opinion about it and its fans. That's how this board works.

I'm pretty happy to see OKC winning. I like Durant and am already tired of hearing about how great GS is. Assuming they lose, their 73 win season will not go down as the best ever, kind of like the Patriots going 16-0 and falling to the Giants in the Super Bowl. The NBA has a lot of stars and good teams but still no one on MJ's level in the 90's. 6 rings in 8 years that could have been 8 in 8 had he not briefly retired.
I think that the Warriors look a little tight and OKC is just playing loose with great confidence. I also think that OKC is the more talented team. Westbrook and Durant are two of the most gifted basketball players that I have ever seen.

Reactions: cprh9u
More importantly, I don't care what you think about my opinion.

Millions more don't watch it than do. Obviously the NBA doesn't need any of my money because if they did they would've folded a long time ago.

You can continue to watch this crap basketball and talk about it here and I will continue to express my opinion about it and its fans. That's how this board works.

Feel free to carry on like a buffoon.

4 more wins and Golden State completes this awesome season.
Curry and Thompson are fun to watch. Golden State is the best shooting team I have ever seen and I don't think it's close.

The game 6 comeback win was particularly entertaining.

I don't rule out a Cavs win, however. Both teams are very deserving of being in the finals.

Curry and Thompson are fun to watch. Golden State is the best shooting team I have ever seen and I don't think it's close.

The game 6 comeback win was particularly entertaining.

I don't rule out a Cavs win, however. Both teams are very deserving of being in the finals.

Yes, the game 6 was awesome. Thompson was on fire. He set the all-time record for 3 pointers made in the playoffs. This is the best shooting team I have ever seen too.

I'm thinking Golden State in six; the Cavaliers will have their moments, but I just don't see them taking it. But....you never really know until it plays out. Warriors are definitely the strongest team mentally in my book, and that really showed in Game 6 of the WCF......when the pressure is really on.....who shows up and does what needs to be done......Thompson, Curry, and Iguodala did particularly........Durant and Westbrook didn't.

On thing on the Cavs side is that in recent history, I think, when a team has returned to the Finals after losing the previous year......it has won. LAL -'09; Miami - '12; SA - '14.....but that trend could easily go by the wayside this year.

We shall see. Networks are loving this match-up......let the hype....errrr.....games begin.

It's June. It's beyond ridiculous that the NBA is still playing.

I agree with you there, TC.....the playoff scheduling is a joke. I've always liked a more compressed schedule and when the better-record teams (in the "old" days, division winners) didn't play in the first round.

Also, I now it's long-gone thinking, but I liked the occasional afternoon weekend game for the Finals. Gotta now be prime-time as it has been for a while now.

Finally, is it that difficult to play every other day? I could just see the outrage now, if today's players had to go through such a tortuous schedule of actually playing consecutive days in the same city.....like in the '80 WCF.

I'm tired of hearing about James playing in his 6th straight NBA finals. It's because the East is so weak.

The warriors have a beast of a team. They might just sweep this thing.

The warriors have a beast of a team. They might just sweep this thing.

IF the Cavaliers don't get some more urgency, I agree about a sweep.....two less than I originally thought.

Looks like Game 6 of the WCF was the de facto title game. Warriors are playing well, but if one is not a big GS fan, this has been a very disappointing series so far. Biggest two-game point differential in NBA Finals history. Give most of the credit to the GS TEAM, but Cleveland is starting to call back one of their "nicknames" from the dark past of the Ted Stepian days......the Cleveland "Cadaverliers."

Take solace Cleveland fans......GO TRIBE! Indians are in first place in the American League Central.

Last edited:
GSW has definitely been impressive in their last 5 games. On a mission to seal the deal and take away the "Best season ever" title from my Bulls. Props to GSW

GSW has definitely been impressive in their last 5 games. On a mission to seal the deal and take away the "Best season ever" title from my Bulls. Props to GSW

For the record the cannot have fewer overall losses than the Bulls. Chicago only lost 3 games total the whole playoffs. For a total of 13 losses. GSW already has 14.

Chicago will always be remembered as best ever sadly enough.

For the record the cannot have fewer overall losses than the Bulls. Chicago only lost 3 games total the whole playoffs. For a total of 13 losses. GSW already has 14.

Chicago will always be remembered as best ever sadly enough.
There are reasons for this...and that's no hate on the GSW.

Thanks for posting that. This should be exhibit A for those who suggest Lebron is even in the same conversation for GOAT.
Jordan was the best player I ever saw, but, putting rooting interests aside, Curry is my favorite to watch.

I don't think anyone can defend the Warriors 3 ball. They shoot from way outside. Just crazy how good they are. I am hoping for a sweep now.

TC will be happy I know after tonight.....NBA season will be over.

Strange series in that each game has been decided by double digits with a few games that were never in doubt. Also, officiating has been more front and center than most would like.

All that aside, I just don't see Golden State losing on their home court in Game 7. To me, a Cavaliers win would be a huge upset even with LeBron James playing well. We shall see.

i will be so pissed if cleveland wins tonight. I think they might. They are desperate and know this might be their last chance

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT