ADVERTISEMENT

GK in draft

That is a shitty analysis. Dude never watched a game.

unless he gets injured or has a bad combine, I doubt he makes it past the eagles 2 picks

Reactions: pboiler18
Latest CBS poll has him going late 1st round to Chiefs. Said he lacked consistency. True? Right or wrong (they've also got Hutch from UM going #2) it would be great to see a Boiler in another Super Bowl, or several. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...rushers-and-three-ots-go-in-first-nine-picks/
The lack of consistency was not having that second or third lineman/linebacker on every play that would have prevented so many double and triple teams against him. This last season was the closest thing to consistency in terms of help; and he did pretty good, IMO.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
The lack of consistency was not having that second or third lineman/linebacker on every play that would have prevented so many double and triple teams against him. This last season was the closest thing to consistency in terms of help; and he did pretty good, IMO.
Put him in hutchinsons place on Michigan with other linemen where the approach of “single teaming them and seeing what happens” is not sustainable.. and he might have been unguardable

Reactions: Tommaker
Put him in hutchinsons place on Michigan with other linemen where the approach of “single teaming them and seeing what happens” is not sustainable.. and he might have been unguardable
Ungaurdable? He’s not a point guard! Maybe unblockable?! 😂

And that was without the officials helping him out. Can't remember seeing a guy who got held more and so rarely got the call.

That is a shitty analysis. Dude never watched a game.

unless he gets injured or has a bad combine, I doubt he makes it past the eagles 2 picks
Yeah that seems right. Seems pretty safe in the top half of rd 1. I think he will only strengthen his stock at the combine.

The Athletic has him going at 17 to the Chargers and no later than 19th to the Eagles. Seems closer to an accurate assessment. Said his biggest "weakness" might be short arms and that going 17th would be a "steal."

The Athletic has him going at 17 to the Chargers and no later than 19th to the Eagles. Seems closer to an accurate assessment. Said his biggest "weakness" might be short arms and that going 17th would be a "steal."
That makes sense. I wouldnt be shocked if the browns took him. I dont see them giving clowney a big deal.

GK has gotten something about his stats, not enough sacks, TFL, etc., from every service that I have read these last few months. As someone said, they were not watching his games. He did not have the other DE or DL that some of these higher rated draft prospects played with.

He was constantly double or triple team every game for most, if not all, of the game. He will be a steal for a team, if he goes in the late 1st round.

Similar to David Bell being more than like in the 2nd round. Again, he is not fast and quick enough, etc..

Kupp is a speed burner? No, he has great body control, perfect route running, football IQ, etc. David has those same intangibles. Again, a steal for anyone that gets Bell in the 2nd round.

GK has gotten something about his stats, not enough sacks, TFL, etc., from every service that I have read these last few months. As someone said, they were not watching his games. He did not have the other DE or DL that some of these higher rated draft prospects played with.

He was constantly double or triple team every game for most, if not all, of the game. He will be a steal for a team, if he goes in the late 1st round.

Similar to David Bell being more than like in the 2nd round. Again, he is not fast and quick enough, etc..

Kupp is a speed burner? No, he has great body control, perfect route running, football IQ, etc. David has those same intangibles. Again, a steal for anyone that gets Bell in the 2nd round.
Those are different scenarios. The knocks on Karlaftis are lazy, not able to get past lack of sack production. Bell has elite production albeit a bit light on TDs, but when you dig in, he maybe lacks speed and separation ability. I can understand how someone could watch film and come away saying someone like Jahan Dotson is better than Bell. But you can't watch Karlaftis and not love him.

Those are different scenarios. The knocks on Karlaftis are lazy, not able to get past lack of sack production. Bell has elite production albeit a bit light on TDs, but when you dig in, he maybe lacks speed and separation ability. I can understand how someone could watch film and come away saying someone like Jahan Dotson is better than Bell. But you can't watch Karlaftis and not love him.
The only knock i can see with GK is he is a bit of a tweener. Not quite quick enough off the edge for 4-3. Not quite stout enough to be a 3-4 end. Either are easily correctible.

Reactions: HUD628
I saw two predictions. One had him going to cleveland. another had him going somewhere else. in both, they said he was NFL ready without any flaws. One of them also said he would be a steal falling to Cleveland at 13. Basically being drafted in the 13-18 range.

I saw Hutichson being drafted #2 not because he was great. but rather he's from Michigan, and it's Detroit's pick and they wanted to draft a local player.

i saw bell going mid second round twice - one of the two times was the Colts. I saw a lot of mediocre receivers being projected to be drafted before bell primarily because of their speed. Including the WR from ND. and the ones from OSU and PSU.

FWIW, we still have GK on the board for the #1 overall pick. There are now 13 names on the board as opposed to a couple weeks ago when there were 9. He's 11th out of the 13 at +8000. Evan Neal on top at +120. Hutch +160.

FWIW, we still have GK on the board for the #1 overall pick. There are now 13 names on the board as opposed to a couple weeks ago when there were 9. He's 11th out of the 13 at +8000. Evan Neal on top at +120. Hutch +160.
I think it Will be a tackle to protect sunshine

Who is worth trading up for? None of the QBs for sure.
Agree. Nobody’s gunna trade their draft for a QB this year. I think the top 3 guys play some in the NFL but none of them will ever win anything of consequence.

A month before the draft (Trubisky). I guess the Bears listened to Brinson and Kurtenbach.

What the draft experts are predicting:

Mel Kiper, ESPN — Cleveland Browns (first round, pick 12)

Todd McShay, ESPN — Houston Texans (first round, pick 25)

Will Brinson, CBS Sports — San Francisco 49ers (first round, pick 2)

Dieter Kurtenbach, Fox Sports — Jacksonville Jaguars (first round, pick 4)

Chris Burke, SI — Cleveland Browns (first round, pick 12)

Walter Football — Cleveland Browns (first round, pick 12)

Charley Casserly, NFL.com — Cleveland Browns (first round, pick 30; projected trade with Saints)

A month before the draft (Trubisky). I guess the Bears listened to Brinson and Kurtenbach.

What the draft experts are predicting:

Mel Kiper, ESPN — Cleveland Browns (first round, pick 12)

Todd McShay, ESPN — Houston Texans (first round, pick 25)

Will Brinson, CBS Sports — San Francisco 49ers (first round, pick 2)

Dieter Kurtenbach, Fox Sports — Jacksonville Jaguars (first round, pick 4)

Chris Burke, SI — Cleveland Browns (first round, pick 12)

Walter Football — Cleveland Browns (first round, pick 12)

Charley Casserly, NFL.com — Cleveland Browns (first round, pick 30; projected trade with Saints)
I do rmember his name being mentioned for the browns at #1 as early as november.

I heard a stat on him today. 29-22 as a starter. Blew me away.

I do rmember his name being mentioned for the browns at #1 as early as november.

I heard a stat on him today. 29-22 as a starter. Blew me away.
The story was that Cleveland was going to trade back up to 2 for Trubisky, which is the reason Pace did it. Whether they really were or if Pace just got played, who knows. The Bears D was excellent for him, especially in 2018. His play completely changed after that little shoulder injury and he became really reluctant to run. He had like 500 yards rushing when they went 12-4 in 18.

The story was that Cleveland was going to trade back up to 2 for Trubisky, which is the reason Pace did it. Whether they really were or if Pace just got played, who knows. The Bears D was excellent for him, especially in 2018. His play completely changed after that little shoulder injury and he became really reluctant to run. He had like 500 yards rushing when they went 12-4 in 18.
Browns had the #1 that year. They used it on Garrett

I think they had like 3 1st rounders. Wasn't it their pick that Houston used on Watson?
Good call, forgot about that.... lol. Depodesta is shitty at evaluating QBs. He nixed that one. Good from a PR perspective though

Good call, forgot about that.... lol. Depodesta is shitty at evaluating QBs. He nixed that one. Good from a PR perspective though
Yeah, seems like they must have really liked Trubisky if they weren't interested in Watson at all. Just looked, and they took Garrett, Peppers, and Njoku in that 1st round. Speaking of Njoku, he's about to get a huge deal, which took me by surprise. Projexted at $11 million a year.

Yeah, seems like they must have really liked Trubisky if they weren't interested in Watson at all. Just looked, and they took Garrett, Peppers, and Njoku in that 1st round. Speaking of Njoku, he's about to get a huge deal, which took me by surprise. Projexted at $11 million a year.
I think Trubisky was about tickets (hes from half an hour east of cleveland).

Kiper does not even have Bell in the top 15 WRs in this year's draft now. Got to love Mel!

Wide receivers​

1. Drake London, USC
2. Garrett Wilson, Ohio State
3. Jameson Williams, Alabama
4. Treylon Burks, Arkansas
5. Jahan Dotson, Penn State
6. Chris Olave, Ohio State
7. Calvin Austin III, Memphis
8. Skyy Moore, Western Michigan
9. George Pickens, Georgia
10a. John Metchie III, Alabama
10b. Jalen Tolbert, South Alabama
10c. Alec Pierce, Cincinnati
10d. Kyle Phillips, UCLA
10e. Christian Watson, North Dakota State
10f. Wan'Dale Robinson, Kentucky

Kiper does not even have Bell in the top 15 WRs in this year's draft now. Got to love Mel!

Wide receivers​

1. Drake London, USC
2. Garrett Wilson, Ohio State
3. Jameson Williams, Alabama
4. Treylon Burks, Arkansas
5. Jahan Dotson, Penn State
6. Chris Olave, Ohio State
7. Calvin Austin III, Memphis
8. Skyy Moore, Western Michigan
9. George Pickens, Georgia
10a. John Metchie III, Alabama
10b. Jalen Tolbert, South Alabama
10c. Alec Pierce, Cincinnati
10d. Kyle Phillips, UCLA
10e. Christian Watson, North Dakota State
10f. Wan'Dale Robinson, Kentucky

Thats insane not having him top 15

No offense to some of these guys, but c’mon. If he falls to the Colts in round two Ballard better have that name in faster than you can say “Wentz was a mistake”

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Thats insane not having him top 15

No offense to some of these guys, but c’mon. If he falls to the Colts in round two Ballard better have that name in faster than you can say “Wentz was a mistake”
They’re too fixated on combine stuff. Have you ever tried to explain larry bird to a young NBA fan? There are guys at my job that think he’d be Sasha Danilovic if he played today

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT