ADVERTISEMENT

Gillis News

pubill

Sophomore
Jan 2, 2021
Jon Rothstein visited Duke and posted some notes, one which said it looks like Gillis will start for Duke at the start. Surprised me,, with all they had back and their big recruits, I thought he would be at best the 6 or 7th man for them.

Jon Rothstein visited Duke and posted some notes, one which said it looks like Gillis will start for Duke at the start. Surprised me,, with all they had back and their big recruits, I thought he would be at best the 6 or 7th man for them.
Always assumed he would start early. Then as the young guys get it.....come off the bench.

Someone’s gotta protect the overall number 1 pick!

• Haha
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
They lost a LOT!
Top 2 scorers Jared McCain and Kyke Filipowski were drafted
3. Roach and 4. Mitchell transferes
Basically get one starter at guard (Proctor) and their returning sixth man and that is about it. Lose more than 80% of scoring. They gave Gillis a LOT of $ as they valued his leadership and experience. Happy to see him start.

Reactions: oldboiler52
He’s tough as nails, a consistent rebounder and a GREAT spot up shooter. He’s gunna get all the open looks in the world with Flagg getting tons of attention.

Haha. My first thought was “oh my God, is that Mason Gillis’ music?!?”
Walk Out Steve Austin GIF by WWE

Good news! Our 6th man from last year is slated to be a starter for a highly touted Duke. Kind of a nod to last year’s team I think. Happy for Mason!

The extra year or two the NCAA granted players killed us in BB.
I don't think we would have lost in round one last year and our chances of winning it all this year would have went up drastically.
IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT