ADVERTISEMENT

George Karlaftis

As I let everyone know months ago, George loves the attention and the food...like any sane young man would like. He took his visits to likely reassure what he liked about Purdue. The only issue would have been an official to Clemson..other than that he is 100% committed to Purdue.

Btw, notice how GK has no officials scheduled for the late summer or fall? I keep some of my info close but to shoo this troll away, Brohm told GK he was able to take his OV’s up until a certain date. After that date, Brohm would start recruiting as if GK had moved on...that struck a big chord with GK in Brohm being upfront and honest with him. It also struck a step chord with Yanni as well along with the delayed scholarship offer.

Brohm knows what he is doing and GK relishes the role Brohm has already given him as the face of the class and likely program moving forward. If 24/7 does place him as the #1 recruit and Rivals updates him to a 5 star, you’ll see some bigger guys hop on board because big stars want to play with big stars.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Speaking of De-commits, anyone else thinking Purdue flips Stephen Herron. Seams like the perfect LEO type opposite GK on the line.

a purdue fan? are you nuts? i could never stand that kind of pain!
Okay...so you're an old Pistol Pete Maravich fan...or a fan of that girls group which ends in Pistols...or...you just bought a new pistol for $55. Maybe you like Barney Fife and have a sacred bullet to put in your pistol. Whatever or whoever you are, you're gun is a toy...the handle name for a little boy who wants to engage in a conversation that's over his head. But, just the same, thank you for amusing us on July 4th. Now go out and fire your pistol. Maybe a flag will come out with a number on it for your IQ...55.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
when you listen to him talk, i just dont see how anyone could believe he would go to purdue.

If you want to see what somebody looks like when they are committed to a school they could care less about, check out Romeo's interviews. He had no clue about the IU / Purdue rivalry. He seemed completely disinterested in IU and would not have picked them if they were a Nike School.

If you want to see what somebody looks like when they are committed to a school they could care less about, check out Romeo's interviews. He had no clue about the IU / Purdue rivalry. He seemed completely disinterested in IU and would not have picked them if they were a Nike School.

Romeo seems to be counting the days to his nba draft and combine.

Reactions: delarno and ChuckJr
Well he grew up a Louisville fan, so...

Reactions: pboiler18
Have you ever followed him on twitter? He's more committed and eager to graduate early to enroll at PU than anyone I've ever known.....PistolPete, you are either an unemployable psychic or a moronic village idiot..

Agreed. GK is playing a HUGE role in our monster 2019 recruiting class.
Great ambassador.

He's only a junior. He can't sign until the signing period. And he's already indicated he wants to enroll early.

no. If Herron flips it will be to stanford

Herron has ties to Rondale (former teammate who is still actively recruiting him) and CJB (plays for CJB's dad right now). CJB is still actively recruiting Herron, so if something happens and Harbaugh leaves, Purdue has a very good shot at landing him.

Herron seems pretty sold on Michigan, but a coaching change would likely send him elsewhere. The staff is why he picked Michigan (stated in a recent interview).

Herron has ties to Rondale (former teammate who is still actively recruiting him) and CJB (plays for CJB's dad right now). CJB is still actively recruiting Herron, so if something happens and Harbaugh leaves, Purdue has a very good shot at landing him.

Herron seems pretty sold on Michigan, but a coaching change would likely send him elsewhere. The staff is why he picked Michigan (stated in a recent interview).
herron is waiting to see if he makes through admissions at stanford. He does then really good chance he goes to stanford

herron is waiting to see if he makes through admissions at stanford. He does then really good chance he goes to stanford

You have 7,700 messages with 21 likes. That's impressive to even Wolegib.

I wouldn't blame him for picking Stanford. Looks great on a resumé. I still stand by my statement that Purdue is still in the hunt for him.

As I let everyone know months ago, George loves the attention and the food...like any sane young man would like. He took his visits to likely reassure what he liked about Purdue. The only issue would have been an official to Clemson..other than that he is 100% committed to Purdue.

Btw, notice how GK has no officials scheduled for the late summer or fall? I keep some of my info close but to shoo this troll away, Brohm told GK he was able to take his OV’s up until a certain date. After that date, Brohm would start recruiting as if GK had moved on...that struck a big chord with GK in Brohm being upfront and honest with him. It also struck a step chord with Yanni as well along with the delayed scholarship offer.

Brohm knows what he is doing and GK relishes the role Brohm has already given him as the face of the class and likely program moving forward. If 24/7 does place him as the #1 recruit and Rivals updates him to a 5 star, you’ll see some bigger guys hop on board because big stars want to play with big stars.

Do you think GK adding the fifth star will help flip somebody currently not on the radar?

i think GK has been on the radar of the other recruits we have committed and are still targeting for a while. GK was a top recruit before signing, but his stock is continuing to rise. He looked almost unbeatable at the last camp. GK has also been very actively recruiting other good players. If he can bring in Gibson and Weaver I will be ecstatic.
Add in Cam Willims or Zimos and Graham, then I would say it should end up leading the best defense Purdue has ever had. It would certainly be one of the most complete defensive classes and is the kind of class that can get you to a championship bowl series.

Reactions: infinitymv
Also a defense like this would help keep Coach Holt around. He's eventually going to become a hot coordinator that a smaller school would like to bring in to lead their program.

Also a defense like this would help keep Coach Holt around. He's eventually going to become a hot coordinator that a smaller school would like to bring in to lead their program.
His stint at Idaho will haunt him.

Also, he is 55. He has a small window left before he will age out of contention for a small job. My guess is he is a coordinator for the remainder of his career, but who knows.

Also, he is 55. He has a small window left before he will age out of contention for a small job. My guess is he is a coordinator for the remainder of his career, but who knows.
Also take in to account that the way Brohm allows him to operate as the DC may be the arrangement that Holt enjoys. He is getting close to a $1 million as a DC, at a school where he gets to employ his scheme freely, from a coach who understands how to score points on the other side of the ball that allows him to be aggressive.

Also take in to account that the way Brohm allows him to operate as the DC may be the arrangement that Holt enjoys. He is getting close to a $1 million as a DC, at a school where he gets to employ his scheme freely, from a coach who understands how to score points on the other side of the ball that allows him to be aggressive.
He wants a gig. He wanted to stay on as head coach at WKU.

True..and that sucks for him. For one it’s Idaho and they only gave him two years

EDIT: Never mind, he resigned to head back to USC...apologizes to Idaho AD.

Wonder if being a defensive guy hurts since so many ADs/Schools want exciting offensive guys lately

Last edited:

Maybe that would be incentive to stay at Purdue. Everybody else has written CJB off as leaving. Maybe he thinks if he can stick around he would be next man up. Holt is really good at getting the absolute best out of his players and recruiting. Brohm is offensive minded and the defense is the highlight of the '19 class. I think Holt would have a chance at HC here if CJB did leave. Just keep offering extensions as the Ws start raining in.

Holt isn't the only one we absolutely have to keep. Shep and Poindexter are going to have teams try and poach them sooner rather than later.

No

Maybe that would be incentive to stay at Purdue. Everybody else has written CJB off as leaving. Maybe he thinks if he can stick around he would be next man up. Holt is really good at getting the absolute best out of his players and recruiting. Brohm is offensive minded and the defense is the highlight of the '19 class. I think Holt would have a chance at HC here if CJB did leave. Just keep offering extensions as the Ws start raining in.

Holt isn't the only one we absolutely have to keep. Shep and Poindexter are going to have teams try and poach them sooner rather than later.

Oh, my goodness. . . !

Can you imagine how much this administration would get trashed on this forum if they offered Holt the HC job?!

Speaking of De-commits, anyone else thinking Purdue flips Stephen Herron. Seams like the perfect LEO type opposite GK on the line.
so... you are foolish enough to believe purdue could flip a player from michigan, who has shown zero interest in purdue. but think karlaftis would never, ever, ever, consider flipping to michigan?

so... you are foolish enough to believe purdue could flip a player from michigan, who has shown zero interest in purdue. but think karlaftis would never, ever, ever, consider flipping to michigan?

Yep. Actually it’s Stanford that’s the real competition for him in my opinion, not Michigan

Last edited:

Lol. You think he has zero interest in Purdue? How cute

Lol. Swing and a miss.

Sleepovers in Walmart khaki pants doesn't seem like something he'd be interested in.

Reactions: pboiler18 and burbo
omg!!! i have had an account for years, just because i havent posted here doesnt make it new. i saw a recruiting video in which he was talking about michigan. i had never heard of him. and still dont care where he goes to school.

My understanding he received offers from Ohio State, Notre Dame, michigan etc. He committed to Purdue as you all know. Ohio State, Notre Dame and Michigan did not push for him so he committed to Purdue. Michigan is now pursuing him. My guess is if OSU and Notre Dame feel they may need him latter they will try to flip but right now I do not see that. However, Michigan wants him to my understanding

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT