ADVERTISEMENT

George karlaftis

More importantly, Tranquill was a tool. He claimed it was a "business decision." 1.) Most businesses I have worked at frown on saying you will do something, then backing out to do something else. 2.) Unless he played this year, he has rarely played in his time up there. So if football was business, that was a fail too. 3.) Purdue was ranked higher as an overall school recently if I recall correctly. I don't know what that really means - other than a chance for us to point and laugh at reversible jacket fans - because Nd still has a very good degree that employers would pay a premium for. But for Tranquill to suggest that Purdue engineering (his field of study) was inferior to Nd is laughable.
Unfortunately for him, I think Drue sustained a pretty significant knee injury after celebrating an interception in the end zone during his sophomore or junior year. He was starting that season but I think after the injury he ended up losing that role and was over-recruited.

That was my recollection as well. Same with Roundtree and UM, I believe. Big difference in choosing Purdue with those offers already in hand.
Checking most recruiting sites, it is down to Miami, Michigan, and Purdue and have been for a decent amount of time. Some times the kids don't want to just go to the biggest and best offer they have at the first chance. Who knows...maybe the kid really locked on to the idea that being a local kid who is probably one of the best football recruits in the last 20 years in the Lafayette area...he could help Brohm start getting kids for their 2019 class together.

George also received an offer to do track and field at Purdue as well on October 4th (according to Twitter). I wonder if Brohm is going to allow more football players to moonlight in track and field as well. When Tiller was at Purdue, I know a lot of football guys did the sprints and Purdue was highly successful (Joey Harris comes to mind I believe). I think that is the only school at this point to have done so and that may be an edge as he may truly enjoy doing disc and shot...I think last year he broke the sectional and regional record for doing so as a sophomore.

Have we had any coaches that were adamantly against splitting time in two sports? I know Hazell wasn't a fan of Robinson trying to be a wrestler, but that's a sport that leaves its athletes much more prone to knee and other joint injuries.

Reactions: Frankie611
Have we had any coaches that were adamantly against splitting time in two sports? I know Hazell wasn't a fan of Robinson trying to be a wrestler, but that's a sport that leaves its athletes much more prone to knee and other joint injuries.
Wrestling is hard to do because of weight cuts...especially for the defensive or offensive line.

Reactions: Frankie611
More importantly, Tranquill was a tool. He claimed it was a "business decision." 1.) Most businesses I have worked at frown on saying you will do something, then backing out to do something else. 2.) Unless he played this year, he has rarely played in his time up there. So if football was business, that was a fail too. 3.) Purdue was ranked higher as an overall school recently if I recall correctly. I don't know what that really means - other than a chance for us to point and laugh at reversible jacket fans - because Nd still has a very good degree that employers would pay a premium for. But for Tranquill to suggest that Purdue engineering (his field of study) was inferior to Nd is laughable.
He decided not to play football for a coach who was described on this board as incompetent and/or idiotic for 3+ years... not sure that makes him a tool?

No problem, I'd rather see him commit to purdue than miami. The western division needs more competition to knock Wisconsin down a peg. I fully expect with more talent, Brohm will have purdue on top of that division.
The division is definitely up for grabs after Wisconsin. I always thought it would be cool if Purdue played in the big ten championship game especially since its in indianapolis.

Honest question. I know this 247 crystal ball predictor isn't always right, but I'd imagine if the "expert predictors" are 85% saying he's going to Purdue that's got to be pretty much a lock. I mean, when in doubt these guys are probably going to predict a bigger name program. Does anyone recall a recruit who was predicted to commit to Purdue by an overwhelming majority right up to the day of announcement that committed somewhere else?

Wow.. Just wandered over to the Miami board to see what they are saying. I think I need to take a shower to get the stench off me.

Wow.. Just wandered over to the Miami board to see what they are saying. I think I need to take a shower to get the stench off me.

For the sake of me not having to also take a shower to remove said stench, care to give a cliff notes version? If it's like Michigan's fan base they will all be trashing Purdue and then go after the kid for choosing Purdue.

Honest question. I know this 247 crystal ball predictor isn't always right, but I'd imagine if the "expert predictors" are 85% saying he's going to Purdue that's got to be pretty much a lock. I mean, when in doubt these guys are probably going to predict a bigger name program. Does anyone recall a recruit who was predicted to commit to Purdue by an overwhelming majority right up to the day of announcement that committed somewhere else?
Different sport but JJJ.

at times , even Purdue posters can become ugly. Although I will admit, our ugliness does not compare with what I've read from other colleges and is not even close to what the pro forums contain. ESPN had to shut down their fan forums, because they were no longer controllable.

Purdue doesn't have as many sub alums (i.e. Wal-mart Wolverines) that reflect poorly on their fanbase so chalk some of it to basically having a better educated group of fans who don't live and die by the W/L record of their athletic programs. Almost all the ND grads I know are great people. The reversible jackets that support the football team on the other hand is a whole different story.

Reactions: Xander2786
Roy Roundtree was offered by Michigan the day before he was scheduled to formally sign with Purdue. Tiller said on national signing day that because of deceit demonstrated by Roundtree and his HS coach, he would never offer anybody again from Trotwood-Madison HS near Dayton , OH. As far as I know, despite it being prominent powerhouse in state of Ohio, we never have recruited anyone else from Trotwood again. Not sure though?

For the sake of me not having to also take a shower to remove said stench, care to give a cliff notes version? If it's like Michigan's fan base they will all be trashing Purdue and then go after the kid for choosing Purdue.
Cliff notes:
If he chooses Purdue it means he didn't really have an offer from Miami
If he wants to play in the NFL he shouldn't go to Purdue
Brohm is going to be gone by next year
If he is dumb enough to pick Purdue we don't want him anyway

It reminded why I'm not a big fan of south Florida.. a bunch of sun baked New Yorkers.

Roy Roundtree was offered by Michigan the day before he was scheduled to formally sign with Purdue. Tiller said on national signing day that because of deceit demonstrated by Roundtree and his HS coach, he would never offer anybody again from Trotwood-Madison HS near Dayton , OH. As far as I know, despite it being prominent powerhouse in state of Ohio, we never have recruited anyone else from Trotwood again. Not sure though?
We did. We just didnt get them.

George Karlaftis III‏@TheGK88 1h1 hour ago

George Karlaftis III Retweeted #BoilerUpHammerDown

Announcing after my game is over. That will be around 9:30 or 10

just curious, is this Friday's Red Devil game a big or significant one in their schedule? Homecoming? Senior Day? or facing a big time rival?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT