ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

Why not decline penalty and make them punt into almost guaranteed touchback? Frustrating day.

I’m not sure on the light years part, but I do agree when he’s on he’s the best option. I think Blough is more consistent. And I think we will continue to see both through the season.

If by consistent, you mean consistently conservative when we have to score, you're probably right. If you remember last year, Blough was throwing into double coverage often and gave the ball up on dumb interceptions a lot.

I don’t see it when it comes to David. He has zero vertical ability and that only works in the high school level.

Plummer has more skill
For zero vertical ability only 6 guys have ever thrown for more yards in a Purdue uniform. Sindelar absolutely has the stronger arm but Blough has a decent arm and a nice touch.

If by consistent, you mean consistently conservative when we have to score, you're probably right. If you remember last year, Blough was throwing into double coverage often and gave the ball up on dumb interceptions a lot.
Really two years ago was when he was interception prone. He improved last year.

We are playing better than score indicts. Just can't hold on to the ball.

We knew DL and DB would be a problem. Sadly that is proving true. Zero QB pressure with exception of blitzes. Duke is exposing NU for the mediocre team that they are and EMU is hanging around with us. I fear a good team will light us up this D for 60 points. As for today just pound the ball down their throat and sneak out with an ugly win.

Just like last week. We cannot make a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1. Amazing.

We miss Worship for those situations,

Why in the h*ll are we not QB sneaking it on 4th and 1? Are we THAT bad on the offensive line???

This is really a bad game by Purdue. Poor decision to start Blough and play him that long. Poor secondary play. Poor defensive line play. Poor execution. Very little energy. I was optimistic. But I don't think this team will win 4 games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT