ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread

So far this is much better than I think anyone expected. Parker made a comment at the half that I think is the exact reason you needed to let DH2 go. He said " Its amazing what a change in mentality will do." Something along those lines, couldn't be more true

Reactions: BoilerBiker
So far this is much better than I think anyone expected. Parker made a comment at the half that I think is the exact reason you needed to let DH2 go. He said " Its amazing what a change in mentality will do." Something along those lines, couldn't be more true

Yes, he said "a little bit of mindset" and "having faith in your guys....."

He seemed like he wanted to go and suit up and get out there himself. It will be an interesting second half. Nebraska has been a good 4th Q team.

I am I am most pleasantly surprised. No one can argue that this is a different football team win or lose. Firing Darrell Hazell was the right choice.

good to see the kids rejuvinated, but Neb. has scored tons of points in the 4th this year, so let's see what happens in the 2md half.

Reactions: TC4THREE
I hold no illusions of winning this game but that was a great half. Can sense the emotion from him and the team. Shock the world!

Feared this would happen when I heard Parker's interview going into halftime. Acted like he thought they had won something because they were up 4 at halftime.

How do you not call that?

a649832fedf0e04aefe18f98d4607325.jpg

Parker needs to go ask an official if they ever intend to call a penalty on Nebraska today or if they're just playing flawless football. Might help get us a call later.

Looks like Nebraska has discovered that quick throws over the middle is how to attack us through the air. Can we adjust? In not we have no chance to win this game.

Was at that game. Believe field goals cost us there if memory serves.

Missed FG in OT yes, but a couple of Orton fumbles really hurt and were probably the difference. If Drew Brees had that defense, Purdue might have made a run one of those years. Oh well.....

Well. Need a Score this drive IMO.

We needed a score to start the 2nd half. Think we are pretty much done at this point. They were too happy with themselves going into halftime. Forgot they had 30 minutes of football left.

Have any of our trick plays worked? Might have put ourselves in better position just playing straight up.

I'd like that rule changed.....in the NFL too......if it's continuing action after the play.....it should wipe out the play/score. Probably in the minority with that view.

I think coach picked a perfect time to give it a shot. And it looks like we still haven't given up so no harm no foul

Disagree. Nebraska was up multiple scores in the 4th quarter and we were punting the ball back to them. Not a situation where we're likely to catch them sleeping.

Thought the one spot in this game where we might have surprised them was after we went up 14-10 with an onside kick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT