ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Wisconsin vs. Purdue

if you thought we were going to win after letting them come back you are insane. As soon as they tied it in the 4th this game was over. I don’t think we best IU next week either and Brohm will leave right after. Just how it’s gonna go...

Yeah I like Holt and think that he will do fine as he gets better players, but today was on them. The offense has to be basically perfect against the good teams because the defense just seems to crap the bed.
that qb threw for 60 tds vs psu, giving up that many yards to that team is insane.

if you thought we were going to win after letting them come back you are insane. As soon as they tied it in the 4th this game was over. I don’t think we best IU next week either and Brohm will leave right after. Just how it’s gonna go...

Not to be a fatalist, but this is exactly how the future is going to happen.

Last year was an amazing coaching job.

Listen we got 6 total points being inside the 5 three different times. Our offensive play calling lost this more than the defense.
Disagree. The defense couldn't stop a bunch of drunk nuns running a power sweep. The offense as I have said before has to be essentially perfect to beat the good teams because our defense is so terrible.

Last year was an amazing coaching job.

Listen we got 6 total points being inside the 5 three different times. Our offensive play calling lost this more than the defense.

I'm willing to take my chances with the next guy as DC... The offensive playing calling inside the 5 was garbage, but the defense still crapped the bed with a 14 point lead with less than 10 minutes to go.

Reactions: pu1985
I'm willing to take my chances with the next guy as DC... The offensive playing calling inside the 5 was garbage, but the defense still crapped the bed with a 14 point lead with less than 10 minutes to go.
Next year our DL and DB talent should be markedly improved.

When upgrades come...wins come! Brohm stays and so do the recruits. We will only get better. The West is ours next year. Mark it down!

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
Disagree. The defense couldn't stop a bunch of drunk nuns running a power sweep. The offense as I have said before has to be essentially perfect to beat the good teams because our defense is so terrible.
we scored 44, that's enough to win a game.

How many times have we seen that movie over the years....

Reactions: PaBoiler78
Did not manage the clock well at the end of the game and poorly executed two min offense.
Focus on the Bucket / Rivalry game. Winner = bowl elgible. Loser stays home.

Great performance by Taylor. He got stronger as the game went on and our defense got worse. Offense was pretty darn good except the goal line. As Brohm has said we arent good enough to make mistakes and still win.

Lots
If 2* playing out there. This still isn’t fixed yet and it’s my biggest issue about a Brohm possible exit. Job isn’t done

Has there been any better/cushier position to be in the last fifteen years than to be a Wisconsin QB against Purdue? Just make sure you don’t fumble the center exchange or the handoff, maybe hit the occasional wide open receiver, and you’re a winner.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT