ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread 12/5/21 - vs #18/20 Ohio State (BTN+ at 2pm)

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
W 71-48 vs Bucknell
W 86-48 vs Norfolk State
W 94-63 vs Bowling Green
W 110-58 vs Bellarmine
W 86-50 vs Cincinnati
L 97-91 at Syracuse

We're going to have to score some points to compete in this one.

Yea, this one looks like it could be very difficult, not sure Purdue has the offense to win this. Been a nice season so far, these next two might be ugly, hope I’m wrong lol. Layden and Kyle really need to have big games, probably like each scoring 20+ points.

Man, taking so awful shots today but like their defensive effort. And as soon as I type that we begin driving to the basket…lol!

Reactions: DocRon
I like Tim Newton’s description that this game is a “rock fight.” Wow is our shooting awful. Kyle is like 2/7 for bunnies under the net. Sigh.

Thank goodness for Ohio State’s many, many turnovers (14).

Layden is 1/7 and Hardin 1/6 from behind the arc. Pew - that stinks.

I like Tim Newton’s description that this game is a “rock fight.” Wow is our shooting awful. Kyle is like 2/7 for bunnies under the net. Sigh.

Thank goodness for Ohio State’s many, many turnovers (14).

Layden is 1/7 and Hardin 1/6 from behind the arc. Pew - that stinks.

Reactions: DavidBoiler
Yes our talent is lacking but this team
Fights like a rabid tiger. Had they hit 5-6 more 3’s which they are capable of it might have been different. But our d was great. This was an 8 pt game with 3 mins when we were forced to foul and give up
A bunch of fts. Not counting this tesm
Out of competing in any
Game.

Fights like a rabid tiger. Had they hit 5-6 more 3’s which they are capable of it might have been different. But our d was great. This was an 8 pt game with 3 mins when we were forced to foul and give up
Out of competing in any
Game.
Illiniboiler, is this haiku? (Grin)

Looking at the box score, Kyle (6'6") is the tallest person on the court and played for more than half the game but only had 3 rebounds? And 6 points on 3/8 shooting (mostly if not all in the paint)? Woltman was in the game 6 mins less but had 5 rebounds. Terry (5'11") had 13 rebounds (more than any other player either team). Remember when a certain someone here said if Terry transferred here from Illinois she clearly had nothing to offer us?

I know rebounding is more than your height but that performance is very disappointing. I have been rooting for Kyle to mature into a presence in the paint but this game is sure a disappointment.

Out of competing in any
Game.
For sure, they bust their ass, that’s why they’ll probably win 15 games. Future looks bright but the Boilers could really use a good transfer next season.

Looking at the box score, Kyle (6'6") is the tallest person on the court and played for more than half the game but only had 3 rebounds? And 6 points on 3/8 shooting (mostly if not all in the paint)? Woltman was in the game 6 mins less but had 5 rebounds. Terry (5'11") had 13 rebounds (more than any other player either team). Remember when a certain someone here said if Terry transferred here from Illinois she clearly had nothing to offer us?

I know rebounding is more than your height but that performance is very disappointing. I have been rooting for Kyle to mature into a presence in the paint but this game is sure a disappointment.
Yea, one doesn’t know what you’re going to get with her on a game to game bases. That’s a lousy stat line, she should be a 15 and 10 player or at least close to it. Terry plays hard, is she back next year?

How bout 3 talented transfers?
Like I said, 1 real good one added to the recruiting class works for me. Also, I know it’s tough beating out the blue bloods but a few top 25 players are needed as well, big difference in a #20 than a #80 since girls at this point don’t leave early. For pro ball.

Doc Ron--no not a haiku--just typed on my phone. But proudly I am a published poet and just released my first book at 80 :)

Like I said, 1 real good one added to the recruiting class works for me. Also, I know it’s tough beating out the blue bloods but a few top 25 players are needed as well, big difference in a #20 than a #80 since girls at this point don’t leave early. For pro ball.
1 good transfer is better than none but they still are lacking overall real quality talent and will lose Hardin and Moore after the season, those are the 2 they'll miss the most... I don't see elite talent in this next year's recruiting class. No one stands out to me in that class. Jayla Smith is the real gem of the 2021 and 2022 recruiting classes. They need 2 or 3 more Jayla Smiths. Skilled athleticism is what wins in WBB at the D-1 Collegiate level. You need "thoroughbreds" as Katie puts it. It will be tough to get even one really skilled athletic transfer let alone 2 or 3, but it would be nice if Katie decides to go that route, and a couple of the underclassmen transfer who aren't playing a lot this season.

Yea, one doesn’t know what you’re going to get with her on a game to game bases. That’s a lousy stat line, she should be a 15 and 10 player or at least close to it. Terry plays hard, is she back next year?
Well she is listed as a junior so one would hope so. She is an incredible rebounder for her size. Just careless, sometimes, with the ball. And that is Coach KG saying that.

Reactions: Russ Ford
Well she is listed as a junior so one would hope so. She is an incredible rebounder for her size. Just careless, sometimes, with the ball. And that is Coach KG saying that.

Being bold as a poet: Here is a link to order the book. $15 so no problem if you'd rather give to the John Purdue club :)

I0X05dDxpDvv2rZpMXlrbmy24gZg77zu4Ql_7IKBPSrx-X15wEW4wTvVyc1P_o0T288Up2W6ABQRpBfIURT0ddk8oH5yQCA=s0-d-e1-ft
https://www.cyberwit.net/publications/1793 --This one is my publisher--Cyberwit, which is free shipping and I recommend supporting them.

I0X05dDxpDvv2rZpMXlrbmy24gZg77zu4Ql_7IKBPSrx-X15wEW4wTvVyc1P_o0T288Up2W6ABQRpBfIURT0ddk8oH5yQCA=s0-d-e1-ft

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT