ADVERTISEMENT

Game day versus Wisconsin: predictions and game thread

At this point, the plays Purdue is capable of making...they are not. Game should be...at worst, 17-13 Whisky. Offensive play calling has been a bit questionable and the poor time management at the end cost Purdue 20+ seconds of time at the end of the half.

I think Purdue gets the ball to start the half so they have a chance to get to within 17-13 and hopefully force a stop. If they can do that...its a ballgame.

Need some misdirection, trick plays, and QB rollouts. Blough in the pocket was bad. Looked like the INTs caused him to hesitate throwing the ball.

I want to know... anyone ever see a big ten team have a player with the ball and daylight at the 15 only to have his hamstring give

Perfect pass.. in position ... but if you're gonna let big ten defensive backs pull arms down and not call it.. why even play

At this point would consider it a win if we keep Taylor from getting his 1000 yards today...

I want to know... anyone ever see a big ten team have a player with the ball and daylight at the 15 only to have his hamstring give
Don't know about that but I know of a basketball team on it's way to a #1 seed that had a guy's knee blowout in a routine move and the season effectively ended.

Reactions: Zaphod_B and BBG
Perfect pass.. in position ... but if you're gonna let big ten defensive backs pull arms down and not call it.. why even play
quit bitching about the officiating, that's the least of Purdue's problems. How about not being able to pass block, run block, defend the run, create a pass rush? Those are things you should be bitching about.

Similar to Lville, this will be a moral victory loss. Keep it close, maybe cover, don't get embarrassed.
Brohm needs a couple years to get his recruits in to compete against these top 10 teams.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Anyone else hold their breath hoping Danny didn't break a leg heading to the goal line???

Happened to I think Edwin Watson at Illinois in one of TIller's first years. Broke free and had nobody within 15 yards of him and pulled his hammy.

Kendall Matthews in 97 and I think it was worse than just a pulled hammy. For some reason I recall he tore it.

Many forget we had 2 pretty good rbs tiller's first year.

Hanging_Around.jpeg

"He may become
The first back ever to get to 1000 yards in six games and cough up a fumble that sparks a come back!!"

Morons

Defense came out a little flat to start the game, but have played really hard since and continue to make plays. Now time for the O to get going.

As much as I agree with those who are complaining, I really think we need to take a few steps back and think about this. Yes, it absolutely should be closer. You could even argue that we should be ahead. That being said, we are down one score going into the 4th *on the road against a top 10 team.* (And we just got a fumble recovery as I type). I mean, c'mon. Think about the last few years. Personally, I'm just fine with how this season is playing out so far. I'd love to pull this off, but regardless, I'm feeling positive. And we all should, IMO. Cheers and Boiler up all!

Wonder if that had not been a 1st Down if they would have given Chryst that time out...becoming cynical here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT