ADVERTISEMENT

Fresno State at Purdue MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Yeah, our DB's looked horrible. Let us down today. Can't give up 39 at home to Fresno. Probably going to be a rough year and we might have thought this, but did think the Defense would be better. Yikes!

Everyone at my place agreed there was far too much time left in the game for Purdue to loose...I figured it would of been a 3rd and long roughing the passer

What a disappointment in Card and the D. How many easy touchdowns can they give away? Oh, and not being able to make short plays and third downs.

This will always be a C rate football program. This is why. Same shit every year no matter the coach or philosophy. Beyond pathetic to lose this game

I wish we would start the season with teams like ND does...Maryland is playing Towson State....It would be nice to have some cupcakes to start

Reactions: Roeder
When’s hoops start? Going to be lots of losses this year, the team in the trenches doesn’t seem up to snuff.

Reactions: Roeder
Rookie coaching decisions. He'll learn from this but damn can Brown get beat anymore.

Not even mad about the outcome because Fresno was the better team. Fresno coaches were MILES better than whatever Purdue has. Fresno's QB is miles better than what Purdue has. O-line is a disaster that can't protect or run block (no adjustment from coaches). Secondary is undisciplined and was confused all day at what Fresno was throwing at them then probably got tired (no adjustments). D-line can't pressure at all in the 2nd half with standard rush set (no adjustments to blitz).

With all that being said I think there is a decent football team buried under all of the BS. Will be curious to see how the coaches and players rebound.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Never rolled Card out once ...to either run or pass...defense a disaster...but play calling on offense ...not any better....they need to rethink this whole sh&& going forward....maybe not be so player friendly and chew some azz all week

Reactions: dayhr11
Not even mad about the outcome because Fresno was the better team. Fresno coaches were MILES better than whatever Purdue has. Fresno's QB is miles better than what Purdue has. O-line is a disaster that can't protect or run block (no adjustment from coaches). Secondary is undisciplined and was confused all day at what Fresno was throwing at them then probably got tired (no adjustments). D-line can't pressure at all in the 2nd half with standard rush set (no adjustments to blitz).

With all that being said I think there is a decent football team buried under all of the BS. Will be curious to see how the coaches and players rebound.
That’s what I noticed, games are won and lost up front, Purdue looked really poor, not expecting much this year judging by today.

Saw some good on both sides of the ball. It’s not like Fresno State is a bad team.

If that’s as good as our secondary can play then hopefully that is the last time we see them locked up man to man 90% of the game. Could not cover them one on one.

We will see what happens when Hartwig gets back but pretty disappointing showing from the o-line as well.

Not able to watch the game but only able to listen on the radio, besides the long kickoff return, long touchdown pass, and the interception is there anything to look forward to with this team?

And I felt that last season Purdue only would play effective offense after the other team scored, never otherwise increasing the score. Appears to be similar this year.

And what's our offensive Cord. Doing on sideline..get ur azz up in both donya can see the field...losey play calling. And off line couldn't keep 3 guys from getting to him at times...

Saw some good on both sides of the ball. It’s not like Fresno State is a bad team.

If that’s as good as our secondary can play then hopefully that is the last time we see them locked up man to man 90% of the game. Could not cover them one on one.

We will see what happens when Hartwig gets back but pretty disappointing showing from the o-line as well.

No, but every team on our schedule will be better than Fresno State except for NW and IU.

When’s hoops start? Going to be lots of losses this year, the team in the trenches doesn’t seem up to snuff.
Brohm knew he left the cupboard pretty bare. IMO he knew it was going to be a bad year with this roster.

And yes, Purdue was dominated in the trenches on both sides and that's why they lost.

On the bright side Purdue actually played a team with a pulse for the opener and the coaching staff learned some things. We'll know a lot more on how the season will go based on how they respond next week.

Brohm knew he left the cupboard pretty bare. IMO he knew it was going to be a bad year with this roster.

And yes, Purdue was dominated in the trenches on both sides and that's why they lost.

On the bright side Purdue actually played a team with a pulse for the opener and the coaching staff learned some things. We'll know a lot more on how the season will go based on how they respond next week.

I saw plenty where they need to learn.

No, but every team on our schedule will be better than Fresno State except for NW and IU.
Ok. I get it, you are emotional. It is certainly not a given that they are worse than all but two teams on our schedule. They won 10 games last year. We will see. Could be a bad year for us. We certainly need to make some adjustments but Fresno State might also be a pretty good team.

Reactions: krf3632
In closing for today, I will say that there's plenty to work on, and the team needs development - OL was really concerning. On the positive side, it was refreshing to see some more discipline with respect to penalties and possible turnovers. Even the roughing call (which looked right to me) was fairly close, and you live with some of those. Going to be a lot of learning curves this year.

We shall see - @ Virginia Tech up next.

Agreed…hopefully they can get 5-6 wins out of this year.

Ok. I get it, you are emotional. It is certainly not a given that they are worse than all but two teams on our schedule. They won 10 games last year. We will see. Could be a bad year for us. We certainly need to make some adjustments but Fresno State might also be a pretty good team.

I am probably wrong....IU is probably better than Fresno State. They are only down 10-3 at half against the #3 team in the nation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT