ADVERTISEMENT

FOX and Carlson have parted ways

Fox will regret this decision and it’ll be interesting to see where and in what medium Carlson lands! CNN’s ratings will go up after firing Lemon lol
Well, to be fair, isn't it easier for their ratings to go up instead of down when you consider the starting point?

Reactions: GeorgeDubya
Fox will regret this decision

Faux News regrets hiring this fool in the first place.

I’m kinda thinking you’re both mistaken here:

Fox’s prime time talking head talent has always been expendable and easily replaceable. OReilly, Megan Kelly, Glen Beck

The show goes on and the viewers move on to the next one.

Fox online had a brief article that had the comments disabled. Now even the article itself is gone. Carlson is being scrubbed from the collective memory.

I’m kinda thinking you’re both mistaken here:

Fox’s prime time talking head talent has always been expendable and easily replaceable. OReilly, Megan Kelly, Glen Beck

The show goes on and the viewers move on to the next one.

Fox online had a brief article that had the comments disabled. Now even the article itself is gone. Carlson is being scrubbed from the collective memory.
You’re right on them being expendable and easily replaceable and the reason for that is that they don’t have the reach or impact that many think they do. That’s what makes the years long liberal crusade for Tucker to be silenced so funny. We’ve never seen a party like the modern day Democrat party handle dissent of opinion so poorly. They literally can’t take it.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
You’re right on them being expendable and easily replaceable and the reason for that is that they don’t have the reach or impact that many think they do. That’s what makes the years long liberal crusade for Tucker to be silenced so funny. We’ve never seen a party like the modern day Democrat party handle dissent of opinion so poorly. They literally can’t take it.
I think you're right and that it goes both ways.

Naïve Democrats can't handle it and can't take it, and naïve Republicans believe it's genuine and not primarily an attempt to raise funds and blood pressure.

Reactions: BleedinGold
Tucker is arguably the most influential person in the Republican Party today other than trump. No one else is even close.
According to your thinking I'm not a Republican since Tucker has zero influence on my political thought process.

Was.

He has been effectively eliminated from the consciousness of the Republican base as of yesterday.
Not really and what do you mean by effectively? He’ll end up with a giant deal elsewhere and will have a ton of options and a large audience that will follow him. He’s still well respect among many and hasn’t been eliminated from any consciousness of any base.

Was.

He has been effectively eliminated from the consciousness of the Republican base as of yesterday.
You are correct. I would argue he is still is today but it will fade unless he finds another medium to reach his audience. I don’t know what that would be. Could he go to Newsmax and pull them out of their hole? They can’t afford him unless he signs for a lot less money or gives him a piece of the action.

It seems more and more this is what may come out in the Grossman trial. There’s certainly a pattern of sexual harassment etc at Fox. More coming.

Not really and what do you mean by effectively? He’ll end up with a giant deal elsewhere and will have a ton of options and a large audience that will follow him. He’s still well respect among many and hasn’t been eliminated from any consciousness of any base.
He'll still make a lot of money, but his widespread public platform is likely gone.

Look at Bill O'Reilly; he had a larger audience than Carlson and major influence before Fox eliminated his primary platform. He still makes money, but he's been relegated to a podcast that maybe 10,000 listen to a day. On Fox he averaged over 3.5 million viewers a day.

O'Reilly even had a book tour with Trump but it played to small, largely unfilled auditoriums. And that was with Trump along for the ride. Whereas Carlson now is on the record as (and I quote Carlson) stating about Trump "I hate him passionately," and “We’re all pretending we’ve got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it’s been is too tough to digest. But come on. There isn’t really an upside to Trump.” Not on Fox and slamming Trump? Trump won't like that.

Does Carlson try to get back into the public consciousness by running for office? The only place he could get elected is in a fly-over state, and he sure as hell ain't moving to Oklahoma or Kentucky.

So what is his platform? The farther off the edge right wing news channels have far far lower viewership and no website of import too support the tv channels. And they'll be squashed or at least greatly diminished by Fox's new prime time hire.

Reactions: BleedinGold
Look at the FOX News website today. Tucker Carlson and any news about him has been completely scrubbed. No article, no video links, no place to register a complaint or make a comment.

And by the way, IMO viewers of cable loudmouths do so out of a nightly habit.

By the time Tucker Carlson (in a best case scenario for him) gets some deal with a smaller cable network, his prior viewers will already have formed new habits.

He'll still make a lot of money, but his widespread public platform is likely gone.

Look at Bill O'Reilly; he had a larger audience than Carlson and major influence before Fox eliminated his primary platform. He still makes money, but he's been relegated to a podcast that maybe 10,000 listen to a day. On Fox he averaged over 3.5 million viewers a day.

O'Reilly even had a book tour with Trump but it played to small, largely unfilled auditoriums. And that was with Trump along for the ride. Whereas Carlson now is on the record as (and I quote Carlson) stating about Trump "I hate him passionately," and “We’re all pretending we’ve got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it’s been is too tough to digest. But come on. There isn’t really an upside to Trump.” Not on Fox and slamming Trump? Trump won't like that.

Does Carlson try to get back into the public consciousness by running for office? The only place he could get elected is in a fly-over state, and he sure as hell ain't moving to Oklahoma or Kentucky.

So what is his platform? The farther off the edge right wing news channels have far far lower viewership and no website of import to support the tv channels. And they'll be squashed or at least greatly diminished by Fox's new prime time hire.
He was just let go yesterday so we don’t know what his new platform will be. Take a breath and give it some time. He could end up on Spotify with 190 million downloads like Rogan for all we know?

Look at the FOX News website today. Tucker Carlson and any news about him has been completely scrubbed. No article, no video links, no place to register a complaint or make a comment.

And by the way, IMO viewers of cable loudmouths do so out of a nightly habit.

By the time Tucker Carlson (in a best case scenario for him) gets some deal with a smaller cable network, his prior viewers will already have formed new habits.
Register a complaint? Who does that and he will have plenty of options outside of cable networks. It’s a big world out there with a lot of options. Calm down, Hoosier. He obviously hasn’t been eliminated from your consciousness since you’re rambling about him.

He was just let go yesterday so we don’t know what his new platform will be. Take a breath and give it some time. He could end up on Spotify with 190 million downloads like Rogan for all we know?

Good point - if he could become Joe Rogan he would be a relatively big deal still. But Rogan is a lot funnier and appeals to a much broader audience, whereas Carlson already got washed out of his time as a talking head at CNN, MSNBC, PBS, and now Fox. Maybe Carlson goes back to some place like MSNBC and re-invents himself as a left-winger and co-hosts with Don Lemon. He doesn't believe any of his shit anyway. His whole shtick is to stare at the camera looking befuddled and mean.

Last edited:
Good point - if he could become Joe Rogan he would be a relatively big deal still. But Rogan is a lot funnier and appeals to a much broader audience, whereas Carlson already got washed out of his time as a talking head at CNN, MSNBC, and now Fox. Maybe Carlson goes back to some place like MSNBC and re-invents himself as a left-winger and co-hosts with Don Lemon. He doesn't believe any of his shit anyway. His whole shtick is to stare at the camera looking befuddled and mean.
Not really. When I’ve watched, he often laughs and asks questions challenging the state/Democrat apparatus. Questions you’d never hear anywhere else. That’s why the left has been so obsessed with him for such a long time. He challenges them.

Reactions: Riveting-
Lemon and Carlson have hired the same lawyer for their separations. Can the 'LemonTucker Show' be far away? lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT