ADVERTISEMENT

Four-star CB Dawayne Galloway commits to Purdue

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Walters sure knows how to recruit DBs. Hopefully he doesn't overload the class at just one position.

• Angry
Reactions: tbird2017
Only you would take this news and come up with a negative recurring comment.
Only you would take this opportunity to forget the past and cut me down!

Both Brohm and Hazell had a very bad habit of stockpiling recruits at the same position while not paying attention to other areas of need. And we ended up with quality RBs and WRS who never played or transferred away While we had glaring depth issues at other positions!

Walters is sure recruiting a lot of DBs. How many of these guys are actually going to play? And how many will transfer before they ever play a down?

• Angry
Reactions: tbird2017

Both Brohm and Hazell had a very bad habit of stockpiling recruits at the same position while not paying attention to other areas of need. And we ended up with quality RBs and WRS who never played or transferred away While we had glaring depth issues at other positions!

Walters is sure recruiting a lot of DBs. How many of these guys are actually going to play? And how many will transfer before they ever play a down?
You probably complained when we took Charlie jones as a transfer when we already had “stockpiled” wr talent! And we played walk ons every year at the end st WR due to injuries. Only one person on this board complained of the sandbagging. You get 85 scholarships. Nfl only gets 51 on active roster. It’s ok to stash good players when you can get them

Reactions: 3ZSDAD
COMMIT ALERT: 2025 four-star cornerback Dawayne Galloway announces commitment to Purdue. He is now the highest-rated recruit in the class for the Boilermakers.

Two 4 stars in less than a week!
impressive darth vader GIF

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Walters sure knows how to recruit DBs. Hopefully he doesn't overload the class at just one position.
Sorry but your takes seem clueless.

You do know that many are recruited because they're talented or could fill a void at another position. You see a position of recruitment and he sees a position of void.

Reactions: 3ZSDAD and BBG

Position groups are filled based on a number of factors, including the ability to have sufficient numbers to practice / prepare, the types of offenses and defenses our opponents run, the ability to have bodies for special teams, injuries that impact certain groups more than others, the need to somewhat balance classes and game experience, among other things. I don’t think you understand what the coaches have to consider when assembling a roster.

Position groups are filled based on a number of factors, including the ability to have sufficient numbers to practice / prepare, the types of offenses and defenses our opponents run, the ability to have bodies for special teams, injuries that impact certain groups more than others, the need to somewhat balance classes and game experience, among other things. I don’t think you understand what the coaches have to consider when assembling a roster.
He has admitted he doesn’t even watch the games… which is odd because he seems to have lots of time on his hands…

Is he recruiting a lot of DB’s though? I don’t think he’s getting too many.

I'll admit I was not high on Walters this past season but his recruiting sure has picked up and given me some hope!

I expect this season to be tough as we have one brutal schedule, but things like that will make this team stronger.

Now, I am still not sold on our OC as some of the play calling to me was... suspect... last year, but this is a new year with hopefully new wrinkles and we surprise a lot of people!

I'll admit I was not high on Walters this past season but his recruiting sure has picked up and given me some hope!

I expect this season to be tough as we have one brutal schedule, but things like that will make this team stronger.

Now, I am still not sold on our OC as some of the play calling to me was... suspect... last year, but this is a new year with hopefully new wrinkles and we surprise a lot of people!
I want to see this year. It’s hard to call an offense with a bad and rotating offensive line, injured QB, and no WR’s

I want to see this year. It’s hard to call an offense with a bad and rotating offensive line, injured QB, and no WR’s

Insight from a B1G assistant coach, someone who knows what he is talking about. Not a throw away opinion from a guy in this forum.

RE: defense
“Watch these guys for a defensive breakout,” the coach said. “They didn’t fully understand the system Ryan [Walters] installed in Year 1. They’ve brought in some really talented transfers, and a lot of their key guys are back. This is going to be the identity of the team.”

RE: offense
“Hudson [Card] is a solid an experienced quarterback and he’s got another year under his belt in [Graham] Harrell’s system… They need to develop the o-line and receivers better but expect them to improve overall this season,” the coach said.

Article link:

Insight from a B1G assistant coach, someone who knows what he is talking about. Not a throw away opinion from a guy in this forum.

RE: defense
“Watch these guys for a defensive breakout,” the coach said. “They didn’t fully understand the system Ryan [Walters] installed in Year 1. They’ve brought in some really talented transfers, and a lot of their key guys are back. This is going to be the identity of the team.”

RE: offense
“Hudson [Card] is a solid an experienced quarterback and he’s got another year under his belt in [Graham] Harrell’s system… They need to develop the o-line and receivers better but expect them to improve overall this season,” the coach said.

Article link:
Maybe I'm just starting to feel overly positive, but I'm getting higher and higher on this team.

Maybe I'm just starting to feel overly positive, but I'm getting higher and higher on this team.
I am too. I just wish every article I come across on Facebook didn’t have them finishing last.
🚂

I have never met Wolegib or any others from this forum but good grief, give it a break. All he said was, "I hope he doesn't overload the class at one position".

That is a factual and accurate statement. Recruiting classes need to balance the needs at EVERY position and ON BOTH SIDES of the ball. To think otherwise is foolish. Of course, you take the four-star talent that you can get and adjust the class composite accordingly knowing that some classes may be heavier in some positions. I think Tiller brought in more WR knowing that he could convert them to other positions.

We have a sitting US President that doesn't know if he pooped his pants, a VP that can't keep her mouth (or apparently legs) shut, and press secretary that is stupid by all stretches of the human imagination. My point is this, Wolegib may be an a$$, but there are far greater problems in the world. For sports, a distraction from those problems, those of us on there are all Boilers and should extend grace to any fellow Boiler with differing opinion. The left is anti-free speech, but as Boilers, we should use differing opinions to strengthen us, not divide us. We are better than that!

I have never met Wolegib or any others from this forum but good grief, give it a break. All he said was, "I hope he doesn't overload the class at one position".

That is a factual and accurate statement. Recruiting classes need to balance the needs at EVERY position and ON BOTH SIDES of the ball. To think otherwise is foolish. Of course, you take the four-star talent that you can get and adjust the class composite accordingly knowing that some classes may be heavier in some positions. I think Tiller brought in more WR knowing that he could convert them to other positions.

We have a sitting US President that doesn't know if he pooped his pants, a VP that can't keep her mouth (or apparently legs) shut, and press secretary that is stupid by all stretches of the human imagination. My point is this, Wolegib may be an a$$, but there are far greater problems in the world. For sports, a distraction from those problems, those of us on there are all Boilers and should extend grace to any fellow Boiler with differing opinion. The left is anti-free speech, but as Boilers, we should use differing opinions to strengthen us, not divide us. We are better than that!
I come here for a distraction from all the stupid crap in the world and 99% of the people on message boards I feel united with. I high five and hug Purdue fans all over the country. Wole is a Purdue hater and craps on them whenever he can with nonsensical basis. And when is called out yes he is an a$$. He’s a contrarian who is here to ruffle feathers. And worst of all he’s a packers fan. He brings it upon himself. I’d cheers with anyone on this board include wole. It’s all banter in good fun.

And I don’t think anyone really believes in this board it’s impossible to be too imbalanced. I just think the coaches deserve more credit for knowing what they are doing than wole will ever give them credit for.

Reactions: Tommaker and BBG
None of the weekends visitors left a commitment behind, huh? Don’t lower your standards. Keep grinding.
🚂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT