ADVERTISEMENT

Four-star CB Dawayne Galloway commits to Purdue

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Only you would take this news and come up with a negative recurring comment.
Only you would take this opportunity to forget the past and cut me down!

Both Brohm and Hazell had a very bad habit of stockpiling recruits at the same position while not paying attention to other areas of need. And we ended up with quality RBs and WRS who never played or transferred away While we had glaring depth issues at other positions!

Walters is sure recruiting a lot of DBs. How many of these guys are actually going to play? And how many will transfer before they ever play a down?

• Angry
Reactions: tbird2017

Both Brohm and Hazell had a very bad habit of stockpiling recruits at the same position while not paying attention to other areas of need. And we ended up with quality RBs and WRS who never played or transferred away While we had glaring depth issues at other positions!

Walters is sure recruiting a lot of DBs. How many of these guys are actually going to play? And how many will transfer before they ever play a down?
You probably complained when we took Charlie jones as a transfer when we already had “stockpiled” wr talent! And we played walk ons every year at the end st WR due to injuries. Only one person on this board complained of the sandbagging. You get 85 scholarships. Nfl only gets 51 on active roster. It’s ok to stash good players when you can get them

COMMIT ALERT: 2025 four-star cornerback Dawayne Galloway announces commitment to Purdue. He is now the highest-rated recruit in the class for the Boilermakers.

Two 4 stars in less than a week!
impressive darth vader GIF

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Walters sure knows how to recruit DBs. Hopefully he doesn't overload the class at just one position.
Sorry but your takes seem clueless.

You do know that many are recruited because they're talented or could fill a void at another position. You see a position of recruitment and he sees a position of void.

Reactions: BBG

Position groups are filled based on a number of factors, including the ability to have sufficient numbers to practice / prepare, the types of offenses and defenses our opponents run, the ability to have bodies for special teams, injuries that impact certain groups more than others, the need to somewhat balance classes and game experience, among other things. I don’t think you understand what the coaches have to consider when assembling a roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT