ADVERTISEMENT

Found myself cheering against Painter

What a sh!t post after another championship this year....Can't believe some of the regulars around here actually liked the OP's post as well. Why don't you go root for IU then? I am the first to give Painter sh!t when the team loses and doesn't bring home titles but they brought home TWO titles already this year and you say you are actively rooting against the coach? WTF?

Purdue won the game. Players didn't execute simple basketball plays down the stretch. The offense defense was designed to live with 2's and not give up 3's. Make FT's and don't throw the ball to the over team. Nothing to worry about.
Have to agree. I think as fans we love to put blame on the coaching and never the players that are on the court. I'll guarantee every player would tell you this was their issue and the game plan wasn't executed correctly.

I still can't believe these fans are on here complaining about a team that won the B1G by 3 games, won the B1G tournament, ranked in the top 5 all year long, have the B1G player of the year, possibly the NPOY and locked up a #1 seed....with a freshman, under ranked PG, and the #440 recruit stud.

I usually let games like this get under my skin, but in reality. We are freaking good because of CMP and his coaching.

When we actually attack the press and try to score we are fine. When we are trying to run our offense or use clock we are horrible with the press. We need to attack it the whole time.
Braden did a great job for most of the game. He sped up our tempo on getting the ball up the court.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Have to agree. I think as fans we love to put blame on the coaching and never the players that are on the court. I'll guarantee every player would tell you this was their issue and the game plan wasn't executed correctly.

I still can't believe these fans are on here complaining about a team that won the B1G by 3 games, won the B1G tournament, ranked in the top 5 all year long, have the B1G player of the year, possibly the NPOY and locked up a #1 seed....with a freshman, under ranked PG, and the #440 recruit stud.

I usually let games like this get under my skin, but in reality. We are freaking good because of CMP and his coaching.
Agreed, Painter did an amazing job this year!

Sort of, they need to catch and dribble, going through and around defenders, taking open space and lanes given to cross half court. They just catch and stand there, waiting for the D to swallow them up and/or don't take the space they do have....its maddening.
just like mixing up how you double... on the catch... on the dribble or with a dig or a scrape..people will run different presses different ways and MANY will cover the long passes and wait for the dribble to collapse in a 2-2-1 where they might play full denial if on a trigger man in a 1-2-1-1 or 1-2-2. That said there are definite times Purdue would have been better to push it up when available along the sideline through the season, but have to be careful dribbling in the middle of the D very long

• Angry
Reactions: pubill
Yes, can come off bench but he needs 25 mins a game, take minutes from Loyer
I think he is generally getting more minutes and it may rise in the tourney. What I think is great is that he obviously feels he is contributing and is needed and his comfort level is probably at an all time high at Purdue. He understands the urgency making it his last go around. Fletcher is struggling. What none of us know if his makeup and how he reacts to things. Not starting may lose him or it may help him focus...I don't know. I'm sure he and Braden talk about things and I'm sure Braden tries to give him confidence and so you may start him for comfort???? and still give minutes to David as his play warrants

When it was obvious, they were going to foul immediately, Jenkins should have been in the line-up no question. I also don't get taking Edey out on defense. And one more thing why don't we ever seem to use Edey's huge height advantage to help break the press? I am no coaching expert, but just asking.

Reactions: SKYDOG
When it was obvious, they were going to foul immediately, Jenkins should have been in the line-up no question. I also don't get taking Edey out on defense. And one more thing why don't we ever seem to use Edey's huge height advantage to help break the press? I am no coaching expert, but just asking.
I agree that until you try it they don’t know if it would work or it doesn’t. Have Edey in the back court for an outlet and get some of these other players in the front court. Too many players in the back court gives the advantage to the pressing team.

Reactions: Purdue0023
Sort of, they need to catch and dribble, going through and around defenders, taking open space and lanes given to cross half court. They just catch and stand there, waiting for the D to swallow them up and/or don't take the space they do have....its maddening.
Joke, what Painter always has said… until last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT