ADVERTISEMENT

Forget who I like, anyone wanna watch Wisconsin Indiana and tell me

I wouldn’t say their QBs and RBs are “a lot better” than ours. Their line creates opportunities for them that ours does not.

Lol. Penix is night and day better than any QB has in their room and Tuttle in his first start proved he’s better than any QB Purdue has on their roster.

IU is ranked 12th in the nation presently and will be in the top 10 should they hang on and win...Purdue may not be in the top 12 in the B1G, and for certain is not in the top 10.

Hazell did severe damage with respect to Purdue and the program relative to IU...while Brohm has done little to help repair that, Allen had done more to compound it...IU is WAY better than Purdue right now, on the field and off, and, Allen/IU have become national darlings while Purdue/Brohm have become a national laughingstock.

National darlings!?? LOL - you been sippin that (laced) koolaid again. :)
Go protest for Trump some more.

I wouldn’t say their QBs and RBs are “a lot better” than ours. Their line creates opportunities for them that ours does not.

we have a waaaaay different line than we did against Iowa .. I thought that line was good Especially with cam Craig. Good player

Their backup QB is as good as any QB that we have at the moment, as, we don't have a QB that could have gone into Madison and done what Tuttle did today (and, he had a TD pass dropped that would have made it even more impressive). They are a LOT better with him and Penix than Purdue is at the position.

While Horvath has been very good, the depth that they have at the RB position is far superior to Purdue...they have guys not even playing that would be the best RB at Purdue by a wide margin.

To your point, their line only magnifies that...I don't think Purdue's guys with their line does what their guys have done, and, I would argue even that their guys, if stuck with what Purdue touts as a line, would be more successful than Purdue's guys have been just on talent alone being able to overcome it.

Already bored on your site?

Why celebrate when you can pile on? The way Purdue fans acted when they retained a .500 coach after a 60 point thumping is a day I will never forget. All while bashing a “high school coach”.

Why celebrate when you can pile on? The way Purdue fans acted when they retained a .500 coach after a 60 point thumping is a day I will never forget. All while bashing a “high school coach”.

How did we act exactly? Please refresh my memory.

Their backup QB is as good as any QB that we have at the moment, as, we don't have a QB that could have gone into Madison and done what Tuttle did today (and, he had a TD pass dropped that would have made it even more impressive). They are a LOT better with him and Penix than Purdue is at the position.

While Horvath has been very good, the depth that they have at the RB position is far superior to Purdue...they have guys not even playing that would be the best RB at Purdue by a wide margin.

To your point, their line only magnifies that...I don't think Purdue's guys with their line does what their guys have done, and, I would argue even that their guys, if stuck with what Purdue touts as a line, would be more successful than Purdue's guys have been just on talent alone being able to overcome it.

I don’t think the sky is falling here as much as it looks like it is (if they can Diaco and biagi immediately). I just think that they have managed to field a team with no weak starters and that matters. Watch Iowa and northwestern and you will see how much it matters when you don’t have anyone that the other side can pick on.

Wow IU won without their star QB!

so what’s Purdue’s excuse this week for losing?
Seems like a lot of Purdue posters point their fingers and make a lot of excuses!

IU won without their best player! Why? Depth and development!

How did we act exactly? Please refresh my memory.

The cliff notes version:

“They barely beat us with a 4th string QB and a plethora of injuries, get used to never seeing the Bucket again”

“We just retained one of the best coaches in the country, IU employs a high school coach”

“With Jeff Brohm’s recruiting Purdue should be the favorites to win the West in (name the year to infinity and beyond)”

Purdue had a chance to recruit Cronk twice! And let him slip away both times!

The cliff notes version:

“They barely beat us with a 4th string QB and a plethora of injuries, get used to never seeing the Bucket again”

“We just retained one of the best coaches in the country, IU employs a high school coach”

“With Jeff Brohm’s recruiting Purdue should be the favorites to win the West in (name the year to infinity and beyond)”

Uh, every fan base has idiots? Lol

I don’t think the sky is falling here as much as it looks like it is (if they can Diaco and biagi immediately). I just think that they have managed to field a team with no weak starters and that matters. Watch Iowa and northwestern and you will see how much it matters when you don’t have anyone that the other side can pick on.
If Biagi is still there tomorrow, it is too long to have allowed him to remain...he is more of a fraud than Hazell was and that is saying something.

Diaco should be fired as well.

The problem will ultimately come in replacing them...not so much in finding better candidates, as that could not be more easy, but, in finding someone of actual quality to bring in...especially with so much uncertainty around the HC and his security (or, in Brohm's case, lack thereof).

Reactions: BCfanatic2020

I don’t think their RBs and QBs are great. They are good, but they are given better running lanes and pass protection than our guys are. And their defense gives them the ability to be patient to boot.

I don’t think their RBs and QBs are great. They are good, but they are given better running lanes and pass protection than our guys are. And their defense gives them the ability to be patient to boot.

Penix was leading the B10 in passing before he got hurt....

Fair certainly...but, I think their guys are better at Purdue even with the excuse Purdue puts forth as a line, and, I think Purdue's guys do no better at IU from either position...if I had a choice of either program's position group, I am picking IU's at both positions over Purdue...to my point, I don't think there is a position that Purdue is better at other than WR, and, the margin there is not as great as one would think.

I think Penix is arguably truly a LOT better than anyone else at the QB position at either place...Tuttle is on par certainly with either O'Connell or Plummer.

Stevie Scott is a better genuine RB than anybody Purdue has, and, they have better quality depth at the position as well...that said, I don't think any of their guys would be significantly better than what Horvath has provided...but their RB position group is better than Purdue's.

As completely an irrelevant statistic as anyone could cite, regardless of the fact that Penix was/is/has been very good...

Outside Justin Fields, who would be the #1 pick in any other draft, i challenge you to find me a better QB than Penix in the B10? Acting like Penix and Plummer/AOC belong in the same breath is laughable.

Fair certainly...but, I think their guys are better at Purdue even with the excuse Purdue puts forth as a line, and, I think Purdue's guys do no better at IU from either position...if I had a choice of either program's position group, I am picking IU's at both positions over Purdue...to my point, I don't think there is a position that Purdue is better at other than WR, and, the margin there is not as great as one would think.

I think Penix is arguably truly a LOT better than anyone else at the QB position at either place...Tuttle is on par certainly with either O'Connell or Plummer.

Stevie Scott is a better genuine RB than anybody Purdue has, and, they have better quality depth at the position as well...that said, I don't think any of their guys would be significantly better than what Horvath has provided...but their RB position group is better than Purdue's.
Again, are they better at RB and QB? Yes. A LOT better ? No.

Again, are they better at RB and QB? Yes. A LOT better ? No.
Penix is A LOT better...Tuttle is as good...so at the QB position, on the whole, they are a lot better indeed...which should be insulting to Purdue/Brohm.

RB...I would not say that they are A LOT better, other than from a quality depth standpoint, and, again, just because Horvath has been so good on his own...if we want to talk about recruited RBs I guess, then yes, they are A LOT better when it comes to that.

Regardless...in the end, they are better everywhere on the field and on the sideline than Purdue save the WR position, and, Purdue can't even take advantage OF THAT ADVANTAGE!

Penix is A LOT better...Tuttle is as good...so at the QB position, on the whole, they are a lot better indeed...which should be insulting to Purdue/Brohm.

RB...I would not say that they are A LOT better, other than from a quality depth standpoint, and, again, just because Horvath has been so good on his own...if we want to talk about recruited RBs I guess, then yes, they are A LOT better when it comes to that.

Regardless...in the end, they are better everywhere on the field and on the sideline than Purdue save the WR position, and, Purdue can't even take advantage OF THAT ADVANTAGE!
A big part of ability is availability. That’s why I’m not all that impressed by Penix. And their RBs look good because their OL create holes for them.

Unfortunately they have passed us up and in a big way. It has slowly been happening over the past 8 years or so. Indiana was on the cusp of making bowls and even playing good teams close. And while Hazell really dug us deep, they kept slowly getting better. With Kevin Wilson they had good offense but no D. Allen somehow has put it together. Last year going 8-5 really close to being 9-4 and now what he has been doing is coming to fruition. All the while we had a couple seasons of false hope as we have regressed. Never in anyone’s lifetime should IU football be better than Purdue. Especially this much. This is just not good. Hopefully it can be fixed because as annoying as their fan base is, it’s only going to get worse
I disagree, Indiana is a better looking institution than Purdue and it finally is coming to fruition. Purdue is a good institution but they don't carry the state name....That alone, that alone, makes Indiana superior.

It's much like Alabama and Auburn in that regard.

Reactions: Kelper

I am an IU fan, but would take Horvath on our roster any day. He is surprisingly quick and runs extremely hard every single play.

He is Mike Alsott 2.0

I am an IU fan, but would take Horvath on our roster any day. He is surprisingly quick and runs extremely hard every single play.

He is Mike Alsott 2.0

Agreed. Horvarth would look good down on the goal line in the event Scott was hurt.

C’mon. No reason to be throwing shade like this at Boilers having a tough season. Many of us IU super fans don’t need to do that and that dissing does not represent many of us.
I have to admit that last year when Purdue played maybe 8 true freshmen and a walkon at center and QB and was one "dropped" pass away from an easy FG to win the game I thought Purdue would beat IU this year, but obviously IU has had the much better season...and to think most of us thought IU had a tough route in the schedule with Purdue having an easier route. I didn't realize the Bucket was so soon until this thread.

If it is miserable weather and IU jumps out for any reason I can see Purdue mentally cashin in, but if the weather is good and it is tight for a while it could be a good game between one team that has had a good year and another team that thought they would have a good year, but didn't. I've seen too many bucket games to think it won't be a hard fought game even if it isn't close. I recall one year when Mallory and IU beat Purdue bad at Purdue and many years Tiller and Purdue beat IU bad wherever. Anyway, the die hard IU fans on the football board (Townsend???? and others) have stayed true fans through some very trying years and so congrats to them for their loyalty.

Last edited:
Purdue had a chance to recruit Cronk twice! And let him slip away both times!
He slipped away once. His transfer was because he was previously a captain at IU with many friends and although he liked Purdue and the coaches...he couldn't go to Purdue under that scenario and he said so. So he went to Iowa instead

I disagree, Indiana is a better looking institution than Purdue and it finally is coming to fruition. Purdue is a good institution but they don't carry the state name....That alone, that alone, makes Indiana superior.

You realize they had those names for a few decades and Purdue won 2 out of 3 roughly over many decades. That name might harvest more fans, but it hasn't in the past harvested more players. As others have said..Wilson and Hazell went in different directions and we see today the results...mostly in the line IMO.

The bucket game will show the character or lack of with the purdue players with the effort given. One team will be full of confidence and the other lacking and only the geese and a few fans will be live in the projected 40 degree weather with possible light rain in the morning...I just hope it is a light rain and the geese don't flood the field and delay the game with PETA coming out to protest people trying to scare them away.

You realize they had those names for a few decades and Purdue won 2 out of 3 roughly over many decades. That name might harvest more fans, but it hasn't in the past harvested more players. As others have said..Wilson and Hazell went in different directions and we see today the results...mostly in the line IMO.

The bucket game will show the character or lack of with the purdue players with the effort given. One team will be full of confidence and the other lacking and only the geese and a few fans will be live in the projected 40 degree weather with possible light rain in the morning...I just hope it is a light rain and the geese don't flood the field and delay the game with PETA coming out to protest people trying to scare them away.

Indiana arguably had the best college basketball program in the country from the early 70’s to the early 90’s. Football was simply the sport to pass the time. IU made a heavy commitment to its football program circa 2010 and its rise and utter dominance over Purdue isn’t a coincidence.

Reactions: td75
I have to admit that last year when Purdue played maybe 8 true freshmen and a walkon at center and QB and was one pass away from an easy FG to win the game I thought Purdue would beat IU this year, but obviously IU has had the much better season...and to think most of us thought IU had a tough route in the schedule with Purdue having an easier route. I didn't realize the Bucket was so soon until this thread.

If it is miserable weather and IU jumps out for any reason I can see Purdue mentally cashin in, but if the weather is good and it is tight for a while it could be a good game between one team that has had a good year and another team that thought they would have a good year, but didn't. I've seen too many bucket games to think it won't be a hard fought game even if it isn't close. I recall one year when Mallory and IU beat Purdue bad at Purdue and many years Tiller and Purdue beat IU bad wherever. Anyway, the die hard IU fans on the football board (Townsend???? and others) have stayed true fans through some very trying years and so congrats to them for their loyalty.

IU also was out with multiple starters in last years game and started 4 true freshmen.

Seriously - just STFU! I admit to lurking on opposing team’s boards but RARELY post on them. Your constant and insufferable baiting here needs to be called out as the poor sportsmanship it represent.
That said, I don’t recognize your posting name from any of the IU boards I frequent and suspect you are avfraud misrepresenting my alma mater and its fans.

You’ve said a lot of dumb things but this one might take the cake. IU a better looking institution? Lol. Just because you carry the state name means you’re superior? That doesn’t mean a damn thing actually.

Indiana arguably had the best college basketball program in the country from the early 70’s to the early 90’s. Football was simply the sport to pass the time. IU made a heavy commitment to its football program circa 2010 and its rise and utter dominance over Purdue isn’t a coincidence.

Utter dominance is mainly tied to Darrell Hazell lol. And you call 6-4 in the last 10 dominance? I guess relatively speaking compared to the rest of the series it was but that’s hardly anything worth bragging about. But when you’re one of the worst P5 programs of all time I guess you brag about a winning decade against your rival.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT