ADVERTISEMENT

Forget who I like, anyone wanna watch Wisconsin Indiana and tell me

Seriously - just STFU! I admit to lurking on opposing team’s boards but RARELY post on them. Your constant and insufferable baiting here needs to be called out as the poor sportsmanship it represent.
That said, I don’t recognize your posting name from any of the IU boards I frequent and suspect you are avfraud misrepresenting my alma mater and its fans.

Let him be. He’s a 68 year old man with a sad life apparently.

C’mon. No reason to be throwing shade like this at Boilers having a tough season. Many of us IU super fans don’t need to do that and that dissing does not represent many of us.
No doubt. It’s Indiana football, for petes sake. We’re the one group who who shouldn’t EVER be gloating. At least not without a little more sustained success.

I don’t think their RBs and QBs are great. They are good, but they are given better running lanes and pass protection than our guys are. And their defense gives them the ability to be patient to boot.
RB's, I can somewhat agree....But QB's? You do realize Tuttle was rated the 5th best QB in his class---and had offers from Alabama, LSU, USC, and Wisconsin....You knew this---right? Penix was a 4* recruit with offers from Florida State, Oregon, Arizona....committed to Tennessee, first. Then committed to Indiana.

Are Tuttle and Penix, great? Meh-----probably not. But they are better than just, "good". MOF, not sure if there is a better QB, or QB's in the Big 10; Sans MAYBE Fields at OSU.

And next season both return, along with McCauley from Lawrence North.

Reactions: td75
RB's, I can somewhat agree....But QB's? You do realize Tuttle was rated the 5th best QB in his class---and had offers from Alabama, LSU, USC, and Wisconsin....You knew this---right? Penix was a 4* recruit with offers from Florida State, Oregon, Arizona....committed to Tennessee, first. Then committed to Indiana.

Are Tuttle and Penix, great? Meh-----probably not. But they are better than just, "good". MOF, not sure if there is a better QB, or QB's in the Big 10; Sans MAYBE Fields at OSU.

IUs QBs are better, not A LOT better. They have a better OL to give them more time, and just as importantly the threat of a running game.

Utter dominance is mainly tied to Darrell Hazell lol. And you call 6-4 in the last 10 dominance? I guess relatively speaking compared to the rest of the series it was but that’s hardly anything worth bragging about. But when you’re one of the worst P5 programs of all time I guess you brag about a winning decade against your rival.

6-4 with one great season and they wanna talk ..

In the 11 years before that it was see no evil hear no evil speak no evil.. they hid on their board and instabanned everyone. Coach geez would have made it one post, banned and deleted

Reactions: boiler1987

Tom is building a big boy football program at Indiana. A program that recruits well, develops players well, has very good coaching and could win 8+ games per year.

If I were a Purdue fan, Tom Allen would be my nightmare.

Tom is building a big boy football program at Indiana. A program that recruits well, develops players well, has very good coaching and could win 8+ games per year.

If I were a Purdue fan, Tom Allen would be my nightmare.

We have far bigger things to worry about than Tom Allen.

I disagree, Indiana is a better looking institution than Purdue and it finally is coming to fruition. Purdue is a good institution but they don't carry the state name....That alone, that alone, makes Indiana superior.

It's much like Alabama and Auburn in that regard.

once again, carrying the state name doesn’t mean jack shit lol.

once again, carrying the state name doesn’t mean jack shit lol.
Carrying the state name is appropriate because iu is just another hum-drum state liberal arts oriented university, best known for its music school, I believe.

In contrast, Purdue is a leading national university based on its highly regarded engineering, science and technology programs.

In terms of football recruiting, iu should have an advantage with its name and liberal arts rep since football players are not typically looking to major in engineering and the like - not that they have to at Purdue, but Purdue has a rep from those programs as being an easy school to get into but a hard one to graduate from. IU has as rep as being easy in/easy to graduate.

Another advantage for iu is a coach who won't penalize a player for choking a woman, which will attract the sociopathic element that is present in football.

Reactions: boiler1987
IUs QBs are better, not A LOT better. They have a better OL to give them more time, and just as importantly the threat of a running game.
So, Purdue has Top 5 QB on their roster? Tuttle WAS that coming out of HS. Not to mention, ....Penix is light years better than any QB Purdue could trot out....QUit being a homer, dude. I mean I love our receivers....but Moore and Bell are on a different level. Tuttle and Penix are much better than any Purdue QB....And it ain't close.

Edit: WHoa---threat of a running game? Really? IU has rushed for 701 yards....Purdue has rushed for 489 yards. IU's leading rusher has 462 yards.....Purdue's 442. And not to mention---if you subtract the -73 yards in sacks----the difference is roughly 150 yards...

Last edited:
So, Purdue has Top 5 QB on their roster? Tuttle WAS that coming out of HS. Not to mention, ....Penix is light years better than any QB Purdue could trot out....QUit being a homer, dude. I mean I love our receivers....but Moore and Bell are on a different level. Tuttle and Penix are much better than any Purdue QB....And it ain't close.
It’s impossible to know how much better your QBs are when they have pass protection and a running game, and ours don’t. Plummer and AOC would put up huge numbers in that situation also.

And who cares about HS rankings?

It’s impossible to know how much better your QBs are when they have pass protection and a running game, and ours don’t. Plummer and AOC would put up huge numbers in that situation also.

Then how is possible to know they are not?

Pass protection? Purdue QB's have been sacked 12 times....IU QB's 9 times...

Running game? IU leading rusher has 462 yards....Purdue's 442.. IU has rushed for 701 total yeards...Purdue 489: but you have lost 73 yards in sacks.

WHo cares about HS rankings? Apparently a lot of people----including you guys when it comes to talking about Bell and Moore.

Translation: Indiana's QB's are much, much better....I mean do you really think PU has a QB better---hell even close to Penix? Really?

Then how is possible to know they are not?

Pass protection? Purdue QB's have been sacked 12 times....IU QB's 9 times...

Running game? IU leading rusher has 462 yards....Purdue's 442.. IU has rushed for 701 total yeards...Purdue 489: but you have lost 73 yards in sacks.

WHo cares about HS rankings? Apparently a lot of people----including you guys when it comes to talking about Bell and Moore.

Translation: Indiana's QB's are much, much better....I mean do you really think PU has a QB better---hell even close to Penix? Really?
Like I said, Plummer and AOC would both put up huge numbers in that situation. Sacks don’t tell anywhere close to the whole story with regards to pass protection, obviously.

FWIW, IU’s offensive line was ranked 124th (out of 127th) heading into last weeks game. IU’s run game has been all but non-existent this year and Penix was constantly under-pressure. It makes what Penix did all the more impressive.

Like I said, Plummer and AOC would both put up huge numbers in that situation. Sacks don’t tell anywhere close to the whole story with regards to pass protection, obviously.
It ain't just the numbers.....And huh? Sacks don't tell anywhere close to the whole story(pass protection)? Do what? I mean, I get it...Purdue's your team. I don't expect you to concede IU has much better QB;s. That's cool. I mean, great for you if you think Plummer is on par with Penix...Or even close to his talent, and/or level...Even Tuttle. Dude got hurried, hit, knocked down, all day vs Wisky----that is the other part(s) of pass protection----and still managed to toss 2 TD passes. His reads are great...his touch is great...Arm strength is very good.....

There isn't a QB on Purdue's roster close to Penix or Tuttle...Just like there isn't a wideout on IU close to Bell or Moore. Though Frye is having himself a season...

FWIW, IU’s offensive line was ranked 124th (out of 127th) heading into last weeks game. IU’s run game has been all but non-existent this year and Penix was constantly under-pressure. It makes what Penix did all the more impressive.

I know, right---I about died from laughing when he said---"IU has a running game"..Better OL, etc, etc...

JFC....Some of these dudes..

I know, right---I about died from laughing when he said---"IU has a running game"..Better OL, etc, etc...

JFC....Some of these dudes..

Same website notes Tuttle was under immediate pressure on 66% of his drop backs Saturday (worst grade of any OL in week 14) yet still finished as the 13th most efficient passer that week.

It ain't just the numbers.....And huh? Sacks don't tell anywhere close to the whole story(pass protection)? Do what? I mean, I get it...Purdue's your team. I don't expect you to concede IU has much better QB;s. That's cool. I mean, great for you if you think Plummer is on par with Penix...Or even close to his talent, and/or level...Even Tuttle. Dude got hurried, hit, knocked down, all day vs Wisky----that is the other part(s) of pass protection----and still managed to toss 2 TD passes. His reads are great...his touch is great...Arm strength is very good.....

There isn't a QB on Purdue's roster close to Penix or Tuttle...Just like there isn't a wideout on IU close to Bell or Moore. Though Frye is having himself a season...
It’s a lot easier playing QB when you have an O Line that protects you, and have a defense, that keeps you from the pressure of having to score on every single possession to stay in the game. You obviously aren’t watching the games. The offense ain’t the problem. IUs QBs are better, but not a lot better.

IUs defense may be a lot better than Purdue’s... I guess we’ll find out Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT