ADVERTISEMENT

FootballScoop.com Nuclear Winter

Here is why Leach would be my pick if Brohm leaves (but I do not believe that he will leave):

1. He has always favored a passing pro-style offense which is historically held at Purdue.

2. The Pac 12 is strong North but weak South. UW and WSU are the dominant teams and Oregon is behind but has Nike money. Seattle and Eugene are better places to recruit to.

3. UW has more cache and Peterson is a very good coach. That is not likely to change.

4. Leach is an attorney and smart guy.

5. He has a bona fide record of success at Tx Tech and WSU.

6. Purdue has better facilities and more money than WSU, plus a better FB tradition.

7. The transition would be fairly seamless (as much as it can be) so the odds of holding the class together are not insurmountable as they are recruits that fit the system well.

8. The B1G West is now wide open. WISKY is slipping and Iowa isn't going to have Kirk forever. He would have the opportunity to dominate it in the near future. That gets you to the Champ game and BCS playoffs. That gives him even more national recognition.

Now, I do not think that Brohm is leaving but if he does this is who I go after and why I think that he would take it.

I’m not saying we won’t be fine. But having a coach within a week is a tall order. Because every school needing a coach is out at the same time talking to folks and a coach that is wanted will play his hand appropriately. I do think 10-14 days should be expected and anything quicker is props to MBob.
Very true, but very few programs have as much to offer as we do..even within the leage-B10 West

ADVERTISEMENT