ADVERTISEMENT

FootballScoop.com Nuclear Winter

he's right that Bowles is out at the end of the year. If we lose CJB, my list is Tedford, Babers, and Norvell.
I don’t keep up with other college coaches but on your list who do you feel is someone who has a very good offense of mind and I Q, and recruits well and could compete for recruits the way we have? Maybe all of them? Change is in evitable, it’s best to embrace it and have the most positive attitude you could have.

1. If we were to lose Brohm in "early-to-mid December" we would have a new coach in place within a week, not "late December/early January". If for no other reason than to salvage the recruiting class.

2. Geoff Collins.. I know we fans can be a bit overly optimistic, but we aren't settling for Geoff Collins with a $5M (or so) budget. A barely-over-.500 in the AAC defensive minded coach.

he's right that Bowles is out at the end of the year. If we lose CJB, my list is Tedford, Babers, and Norvell.

Babers is interesting...doing well at Syracuse despite some poorly rated recruiting classes.

Can’t imagine it’s easy to recruit to Syracuse.

Not that 57 is old, but does a 57 yr old want a rebuilding project?

Fair question...but his salary is the second worse in the ACC so I’m assuming his staff salary is low too.

He may want to try the rebuild for another million or so a year..and it helps if he can hire the staff of his choosing with more funds (or bring his current guys with him).

Reactions: Bippus33
1. If we were to lose Brohm in "early-to-mid December" we would have a new coach in place within a week, not "late December/early January". If for no other reason than to salvage the recruiting class.

2. Geoff Collins.. I know we fans can be a bit overly optimistic, but we aren't settling for Geoff Collins with a $5M (or so) budget. A barely-over-.500 in the AAC defensive minded coach.
No way we’d have a coach in place within a week. When did we have Brohm? Hazell?

No way we’d have a coach in place within a week. When did we have Brohm? Hazell?
Brohm was hired on December 5, 2016. Nine days after the last game of the season. That was the pacing item, the availability of employed coaches like Brohm to interview. So the fact that DH2 was fired in October makes no difference. Brohm had a short list of candidates at the ready in 2016 as he would in this make believe 2018 scenario. The early signing period would probably expedite the process even more.

We will be fine:
1) excellent AD
2) facilities-first class, almost best in class
3) academics are tops, oh wait that doesn’t matter to top recruits...
3-again) money...we have the financial backing and we will have more if Brohm leaves with the buyout
4) Brohm proved what can be done and that the fans will follow
If there is new leadership in coaching come December, it may take another year of growing pains but we are in a MUCH better place now than after DH left

We will be fine:
1) excellent AD
2) facilities-first class, almost best in class
3) academics are tops, oh wait that doesn’t matter to top recruits...
3-again) money...we have the financial backing and we will have more if Brohm leaves with the buyout
4) Brohm proved what can be done and that the fans will follow
If there is new leadership in coaching come December, it may take another year of growing pains but we are in a MUCH better place now than after DH left
I’m not saying we won’t be fine. But having a coach within a week is a tall order. Because every school needing a coach is out at the same time talking to folks and a coach that is wanted will play his hand appropriately. I do think 10-14 days should be expected and anything quicker is props to MBob.

I’m not saying we won’t be fine. But having a coach within a week is a tall order. Because every school needing a coach is out at the same time talking to folks and a coach that is wanted will play his hand appropriately. I do think 10-14 days should be expected and anything quicker is props to MBob.
You’re right, MBo has known for months or at least weeks this might happen. He already knows what he wants to do. Money will not be the issue, in fact with the buyout should CJB leave he can aim very high. We will get the best available with all of the items I listed, no reason to turn it down-CJB deserves to be happy whether that is here or there

You’re right, MBo has known for months or at least weeks this might happen. He already knows what he wants to do. Money will not be the issue, in fact with the buyout should CJB leave he can aim very high. We will get the best available with all of the items I listed, no reason to turn it down-CJB deserves to be happy whether that is here or there
Agreed.

I can only assume you forgot “TIC”?
I did not. Wazzou currently is a fringe CFP team and has had steady momentum built over the past 4-5 years with Leach at the helm. They appear to be a program that will be at or near the front of the PAC 12 moving forward for the near future. As much as Purdue has advanced the needle of the last 24 months...Wazzou has done more.

I don’t keep up with other college coaches but on your list who do you feel is someone who has a very good offense of mind and I Q, and recruits well and could compete for recruits the way we have? Maybe all of them? Change is in evitable, it’s best to embrace it and have the most positive attitude you could have.
all 3 are offensive minded, Tedford is doing well at Fresno, great QB mentor, has some pro coaching experience, west coast guy might sit well w/ our 3 qb's from out west, just turned 53 so if he does well would finish out his career here wouldn't be looking to jump ship.

I did not. Wazzou currently is a fringe CFP team and has had steady momentum built over the past 4-5 years with Leach at the helm. They appear to be a program that will be at or near the front of the PAC 12 moving forward for the near future. As much as Purdue has advanced the needle of the last 24 months...Wazzou has done more.

Ever stand on the beach staring at your feet after a wave washes ashore around them, then recedes? Seems like you're moving when it is only due to the water receding back into the ocean. (wink, wink! lol)

Reactions: Purdue85
But you’re ignoring a lot. Sure they’ve had more success than us in the past 2-3 years, but if you look at the whole picture...revenue, facilities, institutional support, conference competition, history, etc. I don’t think there’s a strong argument that Wazzou is a huge step up from us. I suspect we could easily outpay Leach if we chose to do so. Although I don’t think he’d be my top choice.

Correct. The writing has been on the wall for a while, so when Brohm asks for a meeting with MBob, Daniels and the BOT after the Bucket game, it won't be a surprise. MBob will have his top 5 list already in hand and will probably consult Brohm on those guys.
I want Brohm to stay as much as anyone, and as much of an optimist I am, I'm also a realistic.

Correct. The writing has been on the wall for a while, so when Brohm asks for a meeting with MBob, Daniels and the BOT after the Bucket game, it won't be a surprise. MBob will have his top 5 list already in hand and will probably consult Brohm on those guys.
I want Brohm to stay as much as anyone, and as much of an optimist I am, I'm also a realistic.

Bet some of this happens during a break in the basketball tourney in Charleston this weekend.

Two items: what’s required to keep Brohm?

Who gets offered and how much if he goes?

With the early signing date coming up, Purdue will want a new coach in ASAP

Bet some of this happens during a break in the basketball tourney in Charleston this weekend.

Two items: what’s required to keep Brohm?

Who gets offered and how much if he goes?

With the early signing date coming up, Purdue will want a new coach in ASAP
I’ll play Doomsday for a minute...

How quickly will Purdue find a replacement? I would think it would be within a matter of days - right?

Can't rush to get a coach for one recruiting class. Finding the correct coach is WAY more important.

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
Looks like I will start making daily searches of "FlightAware" destinations of university owned jet to see where Mbob is visting again. Hope its Syracuse, NY or Pullman, WA

Last edited:
I’ll play Doomsday for a minute...

How quickly will Purdue find a replacement? I would think it would be within a matter of days - right?
Word is that MBob has a short list of coaches that want the Purdue job with no salesmanship needed....
Further proof that in 24 months Purdue`s football fortunes have risen beyond the Purple Haze Era.....

Hey Peyton, ever think about coaching? After all, Manning knows a high-powered passing offense inside out. He was a coach on the field. He is young. Has name recognition. Has a great fan base of his own. I'm thinking he would be a terrific recruiter. He might even bring some of his former teammates with him for his staff. It might be a new challenge for him and money wouldn't be an issue with him. He could just make another commercial. What do you say Peyton?
On the other hand, I'm not convinced Jeff is leaving. It would certainly hurt his credibility with future recruits after telling his current recruits how he is up front and honest about being their coach for

the extended future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT